Does magic penetration still work ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear players,

please read >> here <<.

Thank you for being a part of this!

• Does magic penetration still work ?

I tested my damage. I put on everything I could for magic attack and I got a humble 20-21k damage. And then I equipped the test char with 25% magic resistance my damage was 15-16k. I have anti-magic stone on weapon and armour, so 25% AMR which we're supposed to cancel the 25% magic resistance I had equipped on the test char. So, why is that? Doesnt it work anymore, magic penetration ?
    • MR & AMR

• Having more than 100% MR will not negate damage.
      • The effectiveness of AMR was reduced. In future you will need more AMR to achieve the same results as before.
      • The reduction of AMR bonus from Suras has been removed.

According to the initial info, the reduction of AMR bonus from Suras has been removed. That would mean that the Suras benefit from the same 50% AMR if having both stones equipped...not 25%

And I think you are miscalculating the MR/AMR values. If you have 25% MR, having 2 AMR stones means you have 50%AMR that does not mean you'll have -25%MR (25-50). 50% AMR would mean that effective MR of your target would be half as before (50% off)

Back to your example:

- on full attack you inflict 20-21k damage
      - with 25% MR on target, you inflict 15-17k but you said you also have 25%AMR (or 50% if what I quoted above is true). That means that from 25% MR on target, remains 12.5% MR so 17k would be appropiate...15k probably is the minimum damage of the skill/weapon

And this is a roughly calculation and it's very much depending on how many tries you've tested in order to have accurate values

The post was edited 2 times, last by Rapier ().