Feedback on upcoming Update - Preview

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear players,

please read >> here <<.

Thank you for being a part of this!

• Feedback on upcoming Update - Preview

Greetings,

As stated by "unforgiven" ~ GF, there will be an update in the next weeks, as the spoil says:

The next update is coming in, around, 2 weeks. Let me spoil you a bit with its the content:
      - Changes in some Skills
      - Changes in Critical Hit chance
      - Changes in Critical Hit Damage in PvP
      - Changes in Bonus Damage from Piercing Hit above 100% piercing chance
      - A small nerf to the Lycan

Somehow (it's not important now) I had the oportunity to test every change stated above. And again, Webzen lacks on the real demand of the community. It's a total mess and the game is going nowhere but it's end if things keep going like this.

Please, read me: I'm here to help you GF and players, you need to make GF understand that they can't apply such changes. I will brief every topic stated above, but there's another minor changes also.

-Changes in some skills:
      Indeed, there's a small change in some skills, mainly on their damage to balance every class. Dispel will turn to be as desired, but beware some bugs at first step, since it may also dispel even your energy crystal.

-Changes in Critical Hit change / damage in PvP:
      Here's the big deal, Webzen I'm really sorry, when we used to work together, I admired every update you did, but now... what's this? Mainly, if you have like 100% critical change, it will critical-hit like 20% of the times. It's like nerfing critical chance to 1/5 on normal hits on PvM. On players, the "nerf" turned out to be like 1/10 for normal hits, but skills still have the same chances.

So, let's say... critical chance was nerfed to 1/5 PvM and 1/10 on PvP, for normal hits. I didn't notice damage changes but only the chances (eh, please be carefull with "change" and "chance")

Think about that. PvM as you once knew will die, but hey, there will be the penetration damage! Are you sure? Read ahead.

Nothing spoiled by "unforgiven" told you about, but penetration like beta users experienced, are just gone. Yes, no penetration damage, very bad critical chance. Actually, penetration damage will go back as the way it is today on global servers.

-Changes in Bonus Damage from Piercing Hit above 100% piercing chance:
      Indeed, it will happen, there will be (didn't it happened already here?) a nerf to 1/4 the eventual bonus damage. Mainly, it will affect Lycans and none else.

-A small nerf to the Lycan:
      Read above, this is the nerf BUT, a modification to Crimson Wolf Soul is ready, that will give a large cooldown to the skill, making it like aura of the sword, but with less duration (impossible to make it continuous even with 200 skill speed), less damage, less penetration... killing this skill for good.

Afterall, will PvP be good after this changes with the eventual changes already tested on this beta? The answer is no. Test it as you wish... you must, you need to. But I already know the final answer, PvP is good the way it is, but will not the way Webzen wants to with those changes.

Make Webzen open their eyes before it's too late gentleman.

by a sad person, great Metin2's fan willing the best for the game.
    • Hi Nostradamus KR,

Just as a small note, the version we will implement in our BetaServer is in fact different from the Brazilian one. I have discussed this with WebZen.

Anyways, test it and then let us discuss. Please do not just write because you have seen something different. Once again, test it, and feedback it. Constructive feedback is welcomed, destructive isn't.
    • It was not destructive, I'm here for the sake of the players, but if you think so, I wish you good luck with WZ.

No big diferrence btwn the 3 versions to be put in the role.

-Tom, I'm sorry, I've failed. Wish Metin2 old days return. Utopia.
    • The change of Crimson Wolf Soul is so wrong. I can understand that the WZ change the attacck value of that skill but the duration of the skill is must important to pvm. The Lycan is a class that need to use a cast for do a more damage . without cast and with a nerf of attack value and percing Hit the pvm of lykan is impossible if the skill duration of the skill is too short. I think that the WZ must nerf only the attack value and percing hit but let the duration of the skill like now.
    • I do not think that there is an update for Lycan. It is quite normal as the current striking power. I expect an increase for the magical weapon. Lycan character is very slow and the hit speed and shape is bad. It is very damaged from the bosses that it is not mentioned at all. There is no problem except the double hit of the blow. The reduction of the stroke is that most of the characters who have worked for the lycan are wasting their effort. The kick is not a high character. The defense of the character can be understood by hitting the high characters. If the attack strength is less than the defensive characters, It will be very bad. Make some empathy.

Also, I do not think it is reasonable to erase the punching stroke. People may prefer lycan for piercing shot. You can remove it and get the opportunity in their hand, put yourself in their place.
    • IElfenLied wrote:

It is very damaged from the bosses that it is not mentioned at all
      This actually happens to all characters, except for warriors. We're discussing about this matter here:

Dmg-Bug from Bosses (All Classes except Warrior)

Anyway, piercing hits on Crimson Wolf in particular need to be corrected.

You know what? The exaggerated value has been reported by an expert high level Lycan! So, please let's be honest with ourselves.
    • BlueShade wrote:

This actually happens to all characters, except for warriors.

Piercing hits in particular must be corrected. You know what? The exaggerated value has been reported by an expert high level Lycan! Come on
      Lycan has been a feature since its very beginning. It is not something new. People prefer Lycan for this. They have been playing for it for years. I do not defend a piercing strike. But Lycan's power is normal. It is unfair if you lose your strength. Put yourself in the place of lycan players think.
    • Well, I do not mean to be rude and I understand your perspective as a Lycan user.

However, I'm quite sure that, to those who really like it, Lycan is more than a mere +60% piercing hits - the looks, the dynamic skills and an overall successful performance both in PvE than PvP make them interesting. At least that's what should influence a player into choosing a specific character.

The problem is that piercing hits really make the difference - now it has been discovered that they gave extra damage when the 100% threshold was exceeded.

You know what? A friend of mine owns a lv.90 Lycan who managed to kill Beran Setaou ALONE, before it was updated, in my community. He doesn't like to spend real money, so I'm sure he didn't use any itemshop power-up.

I'm pretty sure that's not what game designers meant, when they came up with Lycans, otherwise every other player would have started a new game as a Lycan.

Before a fix (which occured few months ago) Lycans could even kill the Great Ice Witch without having need of Dragon Aid.

As you can see, their settings were messed up from the beginning and since we're here talking about balance, I believe it's good to fix Crimson Soul.
    • BlueShade wrote:

Well, I do not mean to be rude and I understand your perspective as a Lycan user.

However, I'm quite sure that, to those who really like it, Lycan is more than a mere +60% piercing hits - the looks, the dynamic skills and an overall successful performance both in PvE than PvP make them interesting. At least that's what should influence a player into choosing a specific character.

The problem is that piercing hits really make the difference - now it has been discovered that they gave extra damage when the 100% threshold was exceeded.

You know what? A friend of mine owns a lv.90 Lycan who managed to kill Beran Setaou ALONE, before it was updated, in my community. He doesn't like to spend real money, so I'm sure he didn't use any itemshop power-up.

I'm pretty sure that's not what game designers meant, when they came up with Lycans, otherwise every other player would have started a new game as a Lycan.

Before a fix (which occured few months ago) Lycans could even kill the Great Ice Witch without having need of Dragon Aid.

As you can see, their settings were messed up from the beginning and since we're here talking about balance, I believe it's good to fix Crimson Soul.
      I am grateful for it and for your understanding. But it is not unusual that a character added after years to the game has features that are separated from others. It was designed to attract the attention of people and people made a great expense for this character. I think it is not a solution to weaken character. If the skill of the lycan was strong, I would agree. I would agree with you. Mental damage record 350k.Backer 320k and lycan 292k.If the dam was high, these numbers would not be like this.It is hard to hit flat in mass battles. Usually talents work well. Let em empathize and allow the lycans who can not even get up on the floor to strike a bit too flat.

Realistic thinking is not only done by Lycan in the PvM competition. Reducing the shot will only damage the Lycans. Support the correction of weaker characters. Everyone gains. Good evening.
    • Nostradamus KR wrote:

Greetings,

As stated by "unforgiven" ~ GF, there will be an update in the next weeks, as the spoil says:

The next update is coming in, around, 2 weeks. Let me spoil you a bit with its the content:
      - Changes in some Skills
      - Changes in Critical Hit chance
      - Changes in Critical Hit Damage in PvP
      - Changes in Bonus Damage from Piercing Hit above 100% piercing chance
      - A small nerf to the Lycan

Somehow (it's not important now) I had the oportunity to test every change stated above. And again, Webzen lacks on the real demand of the community. It's a total mess and the game is going nowhere but it's end if things keep going like this.

Please, read me: I'm here to help you GF and players, you need to make GF understand that they can't apply such changes. I will brief every topic stated above, but there's another minor changes also.

-Changes in some skills:
      Indeed, there's a small change in some skills, mainly on their damage to balance every class. Dispel will turn to be as desired, but beware some bugs at first step, since it may also dispel even your energy crystal.

-Changes in Critical Hit change / damage in PvP:
      Here's the big deal, Webzen I'm really sorry, when we used to work together, I admired every update you did, but now... what's this? Mainly, if you have like 100% critical change, it will critical-hit like 20% of the times. It's like nerfing critical chance to 1/5 on normal hits on PvM. On players, the "nerf" turned out to be like 1/10 for normal hits, but skills still have the same chances.

So, let's say... critical chance was nerfed to 1/5 PvM and 1/10 on PvP, for normal hits. I didn't notice damage changes but only the chances (eh, please be carefull with "change" and "chance")

Think about that. PvM as you once knew will die, but hey, there will be the penetration damage! Are you sure? Read ahead.

Nothing spoiled by "unforgiven" told you about, but penetration like beta users experienced, are just gone. Yes, no penetration damage, very bad critical chance. Actually, penetration damage will go back as the way it is today on global servers.

-Changes in Bonus Damage from Piercing Hit above 100% piercing chance:
      Indeed, it will happen, there will be (didn't it happened already here?) a nerf to 1/4 the eventual bonus damage. Mainly, it will affect Lycans and none else.

-A small nerf to the Lycan:
      Read above, this is the nerf BUT, a modification to Crimson Wolf Soul is ready, that will give a large cooldown to the skill, making it like aura of the sword, but with less duration (impossible to make it continuous even with 200 skill speed), less damage, less penetration... killing this skill for good.

Afterall, will PvP be good after this changes with the eventual changes already tested on this beta? The answer is no. Test it as you wish... you must, you need to. But I already know the final answer, PvP is good the way it is, but will not the way Webzen wants to with those changes.

Make Webzen open their eyes before it's too late gentleman.

by a sad person, great Metin2's fan willing the best for the game.
      U are wrong.U say the pvp is good the way it is.But how can a Mental worrior whi gives 1,5-2k in 75 shword rezistence,beat an boddy warrior who gives 4k pircing hits,or a lykan who almost give s 5k hit.
      Thay just try to incresse skill relevance,because caracters that are based on skills have no chance vs a caracter based on hits,because of the skins (costumes).
      They only bring lykan to normal,because it was jut too OP.Tha way thay change lykan is how it needed to be from the start! .And even so,it will be good in pvp and pvm.
    • Both in pvp or a war no one does hits just skills and lykan hits are too slow is always lay on the ground we good hits on pvp but can use it, the good its on thr horse it to balance the fact that lykans cant do pvm on the floor, just others can, if the can take anything from lykan, take some piercing, not the attack value from crimson wolf soul, or lykan is ruined
    • -About Lycans:
      -Reduce the piercing % like about 25%, so lycans don't will have that big amount of piercing but can still pierce
      -If it need to be, nerf damage like Suras Weaponary, my sura 104 hase +800 damage in enchanted blade and my 92 lycan has 921... Put it in the same scale... Lycans are strong yes... but if you guys nerf bigs amount of damage they pass the strong to a weaker class.
      -Buff cooldown nothing to say... If we need to have cooldown so it be
      -Buff time decreased, nothing to say... Warriors have 92 seconds, so lycans can survive with the same time.

-About Shamans Healing Force:
      -Summon Lightning Reduced cooldown: It need more cooldown not less... Is the strongest Shaman Healing Force skill... They are strong with the anti magic, now with this reduction they will kill fast any player than before. Think about this skill, more cooldown not less.
      -Cure increased the healing amount: This skill has little cooldown and a good Shaman can heal about 6-8k hp... Icreasing it more? The skill in my point need more cooldown or stay with it actually are... Not + hp... Pvp will be Healing Force Vs Healing force and noone dyes because they heal a lot of hp...

Shaman – Dragon Force and Healing Force:
      -Buffs cooldown similiar to the skill duration will not be fair... Ir can be in pvp, but we need that buffs in PVM, and the game has dungeons with boss where we can fall easy... Razador Jotun nemere bagjanamu and others... We need give buffs many times, and the dungeons has a limit time, so we will lose many time waiting the buffs and it will result in failure... We need the buffs like it are actually.

Critical Hit:
      -This feature don't need to be changed in PVE or PVP... We need land as many criticals as possible in order to kill some boss's... The same doing PVM in general... With a lower chance of critics the game will be boring... The damage decreases and solo plays will be very or impossible... You need to give the players choice... Playing in group or player solo and not changing the mechanics to the players play in group obligatory. In PVP weaponary suras and body warriors need the critical chance... This two class uses many weapon hits, so with less critics it will stay hard to kill oponents...

The orher changes i will see... This ones i don't need to test to give you my feedback.
    • I'll start to say that I'm a weapons sura.

Lycans

I don't know much about lycans but a damage reduction as implied in a mistaken patch in PT would be too much. For those who don't know, the reduction would change the crimson to only provide half the damage. Any change that removes half the benefits of a skill without balancing it with an actual benefit it's not fair in my point of view.

Shamans

The fact that the buffs give aditional bonus when used on self is a pretty good idea since it helps them on PVM which is a downside of that char. I don't see how reducing the cooldown of the buffs will do any good, I only see downsides to that who don't benefit anyone.

The giant failure in this update for me is the way that critical hits are treated. It simply doesn't make any sense. So, you level your items, spend money changing it's stats to get a 10% crit chance and in the end you end up getting a real crit change of less than 2%. Dragon's aid will just become trash, there's not even anything good in trying to get a buffer with the maximun INT possible just to get some measly % more. This will in fact make most of the players a lot weaker and I don't see the point in that. It's a step back. It's changing something that doesn't need to be changed.

If you want to change something useful change the value of the Attack skill of the healing force shamans. As it is at the moment it's just trash.

• miyako9 wrote:

I'll start to say that I'm a weapons sura.

Lycans

I don't know much about lycans but a damage reduction as implied in a mistaken patch in PT would be too much. For those who don't know, the reduction would change the crimson to only provide half the damage. Any change that removes half the benefits of a skill without balancing it with an actual benefit it's not fair in my point of view.

Shamans

The fact that the buffs give aditional bonus when used on self is a pretty good idea since it helps them on PVM which is a downside of that char. I don't see how reducing the cooldown of the buffs will do any good, I only see downsides to that who don't benefit anyone.

The giant failure in this update for me is the way that critical hits are treated. It simply doesn't make any sense. So, you level your items, spend money changing it's stats to get a 10% crit chance and in the end you end up getting a real crit change of less than 2%. Dragon's aid will just become trash, there's not even anything good in trying to get a buffer with the maximun INT possible just to get some measly % more. This will in fact make most of the players a lot weaker and I don't see the point in that. It's a step back. It's changing something that doesn't need to be changed.

If you want to change something useful change the value of the Attack skill of the healing force shamans. As it is at the moment it's just trash.

its true my lycan in that day the crimson wolf soul the base damage(90 int) was something like 320 attack and the damage was too low, i went from hitting almost 5k to something like 3.5k, that is not fair at all for us lycans that invested time, real and game money building a char to be nerf like that..
    • Th3Origonal

Your weaponary sura got 800 dmg from ench blade at lvl 104 +12% life steal witch work on every single hit and without any cooldown.

Your lycan got 921 dmg from crimson wolf soul at lvl 92 +alot of piercing chance with 2 secs cooldown.

My body got 608 dmg from aura without any + ability with 92 secs cooldown...

So i think its not fair and too much damage for the lycans and this is just 1 skill ,the other skill comparision has more negative result..

I mean;

berserk -> indigo wolf soul -> fear and ench. armour

Attack skills and their ability compared to the others... (Wolfs breaths triple damage.. ,the almost 100% bleeding chance etc.)

The result in everytime is ,the lycan much more powerfull than any other class both pvp and pvm side.
    • Wolf breath triple damage? i have an lykan and i never saw that, but if exists fix it, crimson wolf too much damage?, put it equal to sura weapon ench weapon, too much pierce, reduce it a bit, but dont ruin the lykan to the point, that it stays equal to warrios and suras because the lykan have some serious flaws, missing skills, slow and almost useless ground hits
    • Apollykan wrote:

Wolf breath triple damage? i have an lykan and i never saw that, but if exists fix it, crimson wolf too much damage?, put it equal to sura weapon ench weapon, too much pierce, reduce it a bit, but dont ruin the lykan to the point, that it stays equal to warrios and suras because the lykan have some serious flaws, missing skills, slow and almost useless ground hits
      It's true, sometimes wolf breath do damage more that one time.
      Lycan needs a nerf, but I agree with you when you say you that shouldn't ruin it. There must be a middle ground, in which lycan remains a good class but doesn't become a bad class.
      I don't think some disadvantages deserve much attention, this has everything to do with the "nail kit". I'm mental, one of the slower classes that exist due to the strong body and with a very high chance of failing the skills. As in mental, those who use lycan can't get there and only dump skills, you have to know how and when to do it.