Shaman balancing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear players,

please read >> here <<.

Thank you for being a part of this!

• Apollykan wrote:

YoTeDoPo wrote:

Yes, is a big injustice, lykans are like before and Shamans, who were by far a worse class, still have all their stupid updates.
      like before? Less 55 seconds skill duration, less attack value, less int scalling, less piercing hits.. like less than half

We have lost 160 seconds on Blessing, less crits, now crits on PvP are horrible, our skills are based on STR...
    • It is not worth or say because the majority is against what they did to the shamans and the wolves. They do not care if we are happy or do not care. since they took the beta everyone rejects that but see no signs that we read the suggestions. Another thing benefit from the purchase in the item shop you think that with the pvp are going to earn more money?
      That is why they go to ruin because they do not read the suggestions we players know what is good and what is wrong please take into account all the suggestions about pjs this is not balance if not quite the opposite.
      regards
    • YoTeDoPo wrote:

Apollykan wrote:

YoTeDoPo wrote:

Yes, is a big injustice, lykans are like before and Shamans, who were by far a worse class, still have all their stupid updates.
      like before? Less 55 seconds skill duration, less attack value, less int scalling, less piercing hits.. like less than half
      We have lost 160 seconds on Blessing, less crits, now crits on PvP are horrible, our skills are based on STR...
      i know i dont agree too
    • unforgiven wrote:

The formula to calculate whether a hit is critical or not has changed for PvP

• The chance of landing a critical strike with normal hits has been reduced.
      • In order to increase skills’ relevance, the chance of landing a critical hit with skills has been increased

It is suposed that the % have increased, and now I have less crits than in my live server, combined with the fact that x1.2 damage is stupid, they are giving me more reasons to leave the game, my dragon Shamans is a doll useless on PvP, PvE and supporting...
    • nUnles the 100% is not the TOTAL chance of crit/piercing, but is an ADDED chance instead. Like you have the "base chance" say n% and on that the items, buffs, whatever gives you additional nn% chance reported to that "base chance". That is, if we have a 20% "base chance" for ex, having extra 100% means we have extra 100% from 20% so we'll end up with a total 40% crit/piercing chance for the char. But that was calculated considering a 20% base chance that could be totally wrong and the real chance could be a lot less (say 2-3% for ex). In that case, having an added 100% chace means we'll get a total chance of 5-6% that would match the "one-from-20" chance you'ce tested
    • Apollykan wrote:

This update is completely non sense... They are going to loose players
      1- pve is harder and boring without crit.
      2. Really expensive pvp/pve itens lost is value... Equals to really mas players
      3. dragon shaman is now more weak
      4. Players like to see high damage critics, the game is losing players because of updatea like this.
      This and also i will want to know whats the purpose in pvp for dragon shaman since critical buff won't be viable anymore, in pvm i get it we are as useful as a red dew :))
    • @Rapier

So far, in metin2 you have 0% base chance of critical hit. So no it's wrong or the beta update changed the calculation.

So far it was:

Average damage = the % of critical you have on gear+buffs

Skill damage = 1/3 * the % of critical you have on gear+buffs

I can't try on the beta so I have no Idea of critical chances. But you should try a comparative test between PvM and PvP for average and skill damage.
    • YoTeDoPo wrote:

I have tested the new crits chance on PvP @unforgiven @Comkra @meh, and I can say that with 100% crits on my gear, I needed more than 20 flying talisman to have a critical hit. It is not suposed that all these 20 flying talismans should have been crit?
      Wait.

The bonus "chance of dealing critical hits" NEVER worked that way for skills.

When you read "100% critical bonus", it is actually related to MELEE hits (in your case, they'd be fan/bell hits). That is a "true" 100%.

However, chances of critical skills do not work the same way - even on official servers, before 17.5!

On our wiki, It was estimated that there's a relationship of about "1 : 0.3" concerning critical skills. That is to say, you should get about 30 critical skills after 100 tries.

I guess they probably lowered even more that chance, so the "40-60%" they were talking of in the 17.5 announcement, is probably intended as a "40-60% of the previous situation".

That would be, almost 50%.

That would be, a ratio of "1 : 0.15".

I'm not sure, but it kinda fits with your test.
    • BlueShade wrote:

YoTeDoPo wrote:

I have tested the new crits chance on PvP @unforgiven @Comkra @meh, and I can say that with 100% crits on my gear, I needed more than 20 flying talisman to have a critical hit. It is not suposed that all these 20 flying talismans should have been crit?
      Wait.
      The bonus "chance of dealing critical hits" NEVER worked that way for skills.

When you read "100% critical bonus", it is actually related to MELEE hits (in your case, they'd be fan/bell hits). That is a "true" 100%.

However, chances of critical skills do not work the same way - even on official servers, before 17.5!

On our wiki, It was estimated that there's a relationship of about "1 : 0.3" concerning critical skills. That is to say, you should get about 30 critical skills after 100 tries.

I guess they probably lowered even more that chance, so the "40-60%" they were talking of in the 17.5 announcement, is probably intended as a "40-60% of the previous situation".

That would be, almost 50%.

That would be, a ratio of "1 : 0.15".

I'm not sure, but it kinda fits with your test.
      I don't understand why do u guys care so much about the chance, critical hits will be so low that won't matter anymore, maybe lower then piercing hit, so even if critical will work for skills like if u have 100 critics in your equip u will hit only critical with skills, even then u won't notice it since is not double dmg anymore. On beta is something like 4k normal hit and 4.3k critica hit.
    • BlueShade wrote:

I don't care for anything here, I was just trying to explain how the CHANCE works, since the player over there was surprised he didn't get a 1:1 ratio.

Anyway it's true, with v17.5 even the actual "power" of a critical skill will behave differently.
      I didn't get 1:1 ratio, but they say that the probability would increase with skills, and now I have tested that the chance is lower than in my live server.

The post was edited 1 time, last by YoTeDoPo ().

• Hmm... This is what unforgiven wrote:

unforgiven wrote:

Critical Hit
      • The formula to calculate whether a hit is critical or not has changed for PvP
        • The chance of landing a critical strike with normal hits has been reduced.
        • In order to increase skills’ relevance, the chance of landing a critical hit with skills has been increased

The damage calculation has also been changed in PvP
          • Instead of simply being 2x the damage, the weapon and weapon grade will influence the outcome of the critical hit (critical hit damage in PvP was reduced by 40-60%)

So, they reduced the chance of critical hits on melee ("normal") hits as well - when fighting against other PLAYERS.

However, he also said that the chance on skills should be higher. Since on official servers it is about 1 : 0.3, you expected it to be about, say, 1 : 0.5?

I'll give it a try as well.
    • The only reason for which some would mind about that critical in PvP would be that you WILL STILL deal some extra damage with a crit compared to a non crit hit/skill. That is, when fighting, especially now when the global damage has been reduced so we won't see records of 300k+ damages or damages during a fight of 40k+ and things like that, now as I said it might be that some players will try to squeeze as much damage as possible from their curent gear even if that extra is just 2k...that will make the difference between them and others who will deal less damage. That's all. Crit won't be of same importance in PvP as before that's sure but it'll still give you higher damage and some players want that
    • Rapier wrote:

The only reason for which some would mind about that critical in PvP would be that you WILL STILL deal some extra damage with a crit compared to a non crit hit/skill. That is, when fighting, especially now when the global damage has been reduced so we won't see records of 300k+ damages or damages during a fight of 40k+ and things like that, now as I said it might be that some players will try to squeeze as much damage as possible from their curent gear even if that extra is just 2k...that will make the difference between them and others who will deal less damage. That's all. Crit won't be of same importance in PvP as before that's sure but it'll still give you higher damage and some players want that
      Yep i know what u mean but for me it won't worth it anymore is like u will take down your matt diamond (and maybe it will fail) just to equip a clear diamond, or buying clear diamond for that extra 1% with 200kk more expensive. It's just not viable anymore.
    • I know what you mean as well, @CantBuffU, but still, as @Rapier said, those damage caps were too exaggerated.

They've always been way too high, but it definitely got worse when they introduced all of the other power-ups (pets, bone items, sashes and so on, including alchemy, which, however, is pretty useful in PvM as well). This is probably the most important fix concerning the whole balancing process.

There was no way you could withstand the attacks of a diversified group of players, UNLESS you got all of the defences, resistances to classes and to skill damage. Average players were cut off from everything.

Not to mention low level players cap damages. Alchemy, pets, itemshop and potions have been FAR more important than the PC's level until now - what's the point into levelling up, then?