Shaman balancing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear players,

please read >> here <<.

Thank you for being a part of this!

• The problem i see with critics reduction, is not at critics skill damage.. The problem is Critic Normal Hits damage and chance...
      What a Wep.Sura will do now? We just have 2 active skills and one active debuff with lower damage... With no normal hit damage, PvP will be hard for us...

I don't appreciate the way critics work now, but for now... We can't do anything else
    • BlueShade wrote:

I know what you mean as well, @CantBuffU, but still, as @Rapier said, those damage caps were too exaggerated.

They've always been way too high, but it definitely got worse when they introduced all of the other power-ups (pets, bone items, sashes and so on, including alchemy, which, however, is pretty useful in PvM as well). This is probably the most important fix concerning the whole balancing process.

There was no way you could withstand the attacks of a diversified group of players, UNLESS you got all of the defences, resistances to classes and to skill damage. Average players were cut off from everything.

Not to mention low level players cap damages. Alchemy, pets, itemshop and potions have been FAR more important than the PC's level until now - what's the point into levelling up, then?
      Yep i have seen lvl 120 players taking 80k in mass pvp and that's not right, they try to fix that but in the meantime we take a good hit because we suppose to be master of critical hits in pvp/duels and all we get in exchange is weapon specialization bonus that is not helping us in pvp.
      That\s why i said i don't care about critical hit nerf, loosing critics in pvm etc, i just want something changed with weapon specialization bonus.
    • The chance to deal critical hits with skills were never the face value that you had. We have increased this chance at the moment but this doesn't mean that right now, the chance to deal critical hits with skills is 100%. Regarding testing this, remember that it is chance based so you can have 100 hits where you critted in a row and you can also have the possibility of never critting in 100 skills.
    • unforgiven wrote:

The chance to deal critical hits with skills were never the face value that you had. We have increased this chance at the moment but this doesn't mean that right now, the chance to deal critical hits with skills is 100%. Regarding testing this, remember that it is chance based so you can have 100 hits where you critted in a row and you can also have the possibility of never critting in 100 skills.
      Thanks for reafirm that now crits are useless on PvP (less chances of critical hit than before and stupid additional damage). Now two of the three buffs of Dragon Shamans are useless on PvP (Reflect is worse than before), Blessing is only useful if the enemy uses auto-attack, and Dragon Shooting new system is horrible (and is our boost skill, now Dragon's Roar is 100 times better than Dragon Shooting). Thanks for destroy Dragon Shamans in everything (PvP, PvE and supporting) and make useless all the gear with critical hits.
    • YoTeDoPo wrote:

unforgiven wrote:

The chance to deal critical hits with skills were never the face value that you had. We have increased this chance at the moment but this doesn't mean that right now, the chance to deal critical hits with skills is 100%. Regarding testing this, remember that it is chance based so you can have 100 hits where you critted in a row and you can also have the possibility of never critting in 100 skills.
      Thanks for reafirm that now crits are useless on PvP (less chances of critical hit than before and stupid additional damage). Now two of the three buffs of Dragon Shamans are useless on PvP (Reflect is worse than before), Blessing is only useful if the enemy uses auto-attack, and Dragon Shooting new system is horrible (and is our boost skill, now Dragon's Roar is 100 times better than Dragon Shooting). Thanks for destroy Dragon Shamans in everything (PvP, PvE and supporting) and make useless all the gear with critical hits.
      criticals should be at least 1/2 of the base dmg to not ruin critical bonus from pvp items.I already sold on of my items whit critics.This is little frustrating because i pay lot of yang on pvp gear whit critics,and finely when i finish my sets bom,critical is useless.And now i need to redefine my sets
    • unforgiven wrote:

So do you have the true critical hit rates for skills in PvP if your character has 100% critical ? That's the question.

We need VALUES to be able to say: yes this is good, or no this is not.
    • Ok..

So, I grabbed a shaman with an OK gear and tried to scale my damage up, as you usually would do. I have used the same gear to test the damage output from both Shamans. This is without crits.

This is only using Fans so the Healing Shaman had the upper hand. What i did not add here was the DoT from lasting fire that was around 5k damage. If you consider this, Dragon Shamans were dealing more damage than Healing Shamans.
    • unforgiven wrote:

Ok..

So, I grabbed a shaman with an OK gear and tried to scale my damage up, as you usually would do. I have used the same gear to test the damage output from both Shamans. This is without crits.

This is only using Fans so the Healing Shaman had the upper hand. What i did not add here was the DoT from lasting fire that was around 5k damage. If you consider this, Dragon Shamans were dealing more damage than Healing Shamans.
      My lasting fire damage is more than 5 times lower than yours (about 900 with 125 INT), and I regenerate more HP than I loose with the lasting fire effect. Also, I have seen that the lasting fire damage is only improved by intelligence (not magic attack and spirit stones) so is impossible that your lasting fire damage was 5k.
    • unforgiven wrote:

My total lasting fire was 1k per tick. If you sum all of them you get 5k. The DOT reduces the amount of HP you recover, so it actually does something.
      Most classes have better effects than lasting fire (Blackouts, Dispel, Flame Spirit, Poison and Cure)... And Healing Shamans has more damage, less cooldowns and they are able to recover their HP and cure their abnormal status.
    • Fine, we will make all bonuses from Buffs not working while you are on your horse, just like Flame Spirit. (I am joking)

Dragon Shamans can deal as much damage or higher than Healing Shamans, it is a matter of equipment. And, on top of that, you have critical hit chance which works better in PvE and it will still have a good effect in PvP.
    • And you will deal x2 against monsters. You cannot simply separate damage in PvP from PvE. Dragon Shamans can have full +39% critical hit chance. Healing Shamans will need to have this in their gear.

And just one small note. In PvP, if you have 100% Critical Hit Chance before the patch and 80% after the patch, you still have HIGHER chance of landing Critical Hits with Skills after the patch than before. And, on top of that, the chance to do critical hits with normal hits has been reduced, which will make you stronger versus melee hitting classes.

You comparing vs Healing Shaman on hits but forgetting all the other changes that happened and what they will bring.
    • unforgiven wrote:

And you will deal x2 against monsters. You cannot simple separate damage in PvP from PvE. Dragon Shamans can have full +39% critical hit chance. Healing Shamans will need to have this in their gear.

And just one small note. In PvP, if you have 100% Critical Hit Chance before the patch and 80% after the patch, you still have HIGHER chance of having Critical Hits with Skills after the patch than before. And, on top of that, the chance to do critical hits with normal hits has been reduced, which will make you stronger versus melee hitting classes.

You comparing vs Healing Shaman on hits but forgetting all the other changes that happened and what they will bring.
      Yes, i still have my crits in PvE. But I'm still outclasse in PvE by Wars, Lykans and Weaponary Suras, classes that have massive damage and are by far better than Dragon Shamans in PvE. Who is going to use a Dragon Shaman for breaking metinstones or leveling, when you can use a weaponary Sura, Body Warrior or Lykan, who, with 13% less crits, can break a metinstone in the half of time than a Dragon Shaman.
    • You cannot differentiate damage in PvP and PvE situation. While they have the upper hand in PvE, you have the upper hand in PvP against them. While Healing Shaman can have the upper hand in PvP against you, you have the PvE upper hand against them. Balancing does not mean that you are better than every single other character in every single other situation - this is called unbalanced.

It makes no sense to discuss this further because it is obvious that this won't go anywhere even if I show real data and explain how mechanics work.

I really like that you are passionate with your class, YoTeDoPo, but currently we are in totally different worlds.