Shaman balancing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear players,

please read >> here <<.

Thank you for being a part of this!

• That's what I propose and think:

1 - 25% of dragon's aid for other party members. 50% (or more since you increased cooldowns of dmg skills) when used on self.

Shamans are super noob in pvm, if you reduce critical hits it will be even worse. In that way at least shamans will have a skill to support them playing in solo. There are too much shaman-dolls.

2 - do not change the cooldown for blessing and dragon's aid.

This just does not make sense. Really, what for? If you want improve group game I don't think that you can make it by increaseing the cooldown of the skills.

3 - Attack up is still useless.

Seriously, it's useless.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Priore ().

• Attis85 wrote:

Why should not increase the stun in Leadership "blocker"? what will it be blocking?
      Stay Stun 45 to 50 seconds in the leadership-blocker. Need for stun in the leadership.
      I guess they removed that side-effect because a "permanent stun" is something which means sure death in PvP/GvG.

Since in this PvP balance they are trying to correct exaggerated features, they probably went for this idea. Do not forget that now Healers can cure the whole group, so they actually got a new role and are quite useful in parties.

=

By the way: does the number of cured people depend on the skill level? That would make much sense, according to me.
    • I have opened a post while I explained my experience with the new damaga with fans and bells, I quote the post:

YoTeDoPo wrote:

Hi! I have tested the damage daled by Dragon Shamans and Cure Shamans with bells and fans (Demon Fan and Dragon Jaw Bell, both +9 with only 10 half humans). I obtained these results (using the same equipment):

NOTES:
      -The Healing Shaman doesn't have Biologist Quests (-8% damage against players and -10% resistance against players, bonifications that the Dragon Shaman have).
      -No Dragon Alchemy, Pets and power items were used
      -I couldn't test Lightning Claw because I don't have it Perfec Master

CONCLUSIONS:
      -With the new system, Bells are better in Dragon Shaman's than Fans
      -With the new update, Healing Shamans have more (a lot) of damage in comparison with Dragon Shaman's (when Healing uses Fan and Dragon uses Bell)
      -My Healing Damage still have more damage without Biologist quests

ADDITIONAL NOTES:
      -The percentage of Lasting Fire that is wrote in Dragon Shooting and Dragon Roar's is wrong

OPINION AND FEEDBACK:
      -You said that with the new updates our equipment would still be useful. My main character is Dragon Shaman and I have 3 Demon Fan +9 and 0 Dragon Jaw Bells +9. It was very difficult to me getting them and now I feel they are not very useful. Please change this, I don't want to do 3 more weapons, I feel that all the time i used doping my fans and upgrading them has been wasted.
      -With the new formula Dragon Shooting and Flying Talisman have moreless the same damage. It has to be changed (more damage to Dragon Shooting)
      -Dragon Shaman needs more damage.
      -Healing Shaman has more damage and less cooldowns. Reduce in 1 second the cooldowns of Flying Talisman and Dragon Shooting and 2 seconds Dragon's Roar.

The post was edited 6 times, last by YoTeDoPo ().

• Either we can change fans to bells at npc or since they making healing shaman way better and dragon shaman will lose his critic + blessing its weaker i propose that after rebalancing ends we can get the opportunity to change breed but not starting with m1 ofc :)
      If all stays the same i will change for healing shaman on my main account for sure because:
      1) Healing shaman doesn't miss they can hit from distance;
      2) Healing shaman dose more dmg in pvp - now and on live server is the same if u consider that they hit way faster and shoting dragon miss a lot, they are more effective in pvp (since they will nerf our pvm skills why play dragon buff anymore?);
      3) Healing shaman cure buff its better now;
      4) Healing shaman get an improved dmg for using fans, dont tell me that bell is better for hits, we can't hit at a war, there is no time for that and in duels i can barely cast skills when they use auto;

For dragon strenght need at least 50 critic for when using on self same for blessing to still be effective in pvm.

Critical hits will get nerfed in pvp for skills and for hits? what else do u need to make us useless?

I was hoping shooting dragon will get better but from what i have tested its not much better, make it like spirit strike at least that will be an improve.

The post was edited 1 time, last by CantBuffU: Removed links ().

• Ok. First of all, change the fan/bell thing. Bell from pvm on horse and fan from pvp.
      My main caracter is a dragon shaman, have fans dop/+9 from pvp....

Dragons Aid Perfect Master +90int90dex ........18% critical???? I think this in very very wrong, change the critical like it was before.
      So when the abilit have 10 points or master (m1) 7%? 8%? critical? its a joke?

Please dont change the shamans if you want a pvp balance change the strongest pjs in pvp... If u want a pvm balance nerfing dmg,ok, but nerf the dmg of all clases no only the shaman.
    • II tested my buffs shaman, which obviously has many limitations compared to a real one. And I tried some damage differentiating it with the normal server and beta (I was using a bell with 12 int). Here's what I've seen in the changes:
      - Apparently now some skills stick more on the monsters, and the% of burned has been increased but not so much noticed. As it is buff shaman I can not test in pvp but already that is testing yotedopo hehe.
      -The blessing auras and Dragon aid do not work properly since you use them and do not give you the buff.
      - I have seen that the reduction of the% of the auras has been massive and I think it is too much that they have lowered it. This affects too much pvm since DragonAid is one of the few ways to get a good dps.
      My shaman has gone from having with 128 int.
      Server Normal: 47.3% of Dragon Aid, Blessing 47.3% and Reflect (I do not have it so it's g5) 45.8%
      Beta Server: 24.7% Dragon Aid, 44.3% Blessing and Reflect G5 30.6%.
      On this I think that lastly if they wanted to lower something critics than at least Dragon Aid as Blessing because if not the difference is abysmal. Even so I have not proven that both increases having full dexterity and full int but I do not think even with that, it is very useful only 24% of critics. Especially if dragon shamans also have to do pvp, they look very nerf.
      - I liked the new idea that they will increase the % of being able to burn the opponent, this is something vital for dragon shamans and I hope it stays that way. I think the% burn does not work well.
      I have tried flying talisman and I have not seen that they have even put it so that it can generate slow. This should be added so we can try.
      -On the cooldowns, I think that increasing the flying talisman is a mistake, it should have been left like this. The roar of the dragon was necessary to reduce it and I like the current cooldown. Shooting Dragon also should not have changed.
      I think the idea would be to have a good combo of abilities fast so the shaman could exploit this damage, because I do not have a main shaman I find it difficult to see that both dps is lost compared to the current one on the normal server.
      - I think as all the other users say we need the shaman to have their buffs ready in 10 seconds, both for pvm and pvp this is fundamental for shamans. Without this they will become practically useless as others have said, people in the pvm die every time, having to wait minutes to reload in addition to the time limitation of the dungeons, would mainly affect the pvm and would practically destroy it since the damage done by some bosses is impossible to resist (Jotun, etc.). In pvp it is fundamental that this is so again, because the damage of a dragon shaman comes from the critics plus their skills.
      - On the change of roar of the dragon, it is enough buggy the Aoe attack of this ability, I think that it is not working correctly and many times it does the effect and not even damages even when a monster is still without moving and neither does it hurt to the monsters around him. This should be fixed so the shaman can take advantage of this new advantage.
      -The shamans should indifferently strike the same with both weapons. I do not see why making this difference since the difference should only come from the magic attack of the weapons.
      This is my opinion about the changes I saw in the dragon shaman and I hope they take it into account. There are many things to correct, let's see how the beta follows. I will see if I next try my healer shaman and see how his auras work and so on. I also want to see what the licano I see that they have nerf in a massive way in my opinion their scarlet damage. Let's see how the beta follows from here on.
      JonyBelmont, Body Warrior lv112. Metin2.es Server: Nemesis.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Blesenth ().

• BlueShade wrote:

Attis85 wrote:

Why should not increase the stun in Leadership "blocker"? what will it be blocking?
      Stay Stun 45 to 50 seconds in the leadership-blocker. Need for stun in the leadership.
      I guess they removed that side-effect because a "permanent stun" is something which means sure death in PvP/GvG.
      Since in this PvP balance they are trying to correct exaggerated features, they probably went for this idea. Do not forget that now Healers can cure the whole group, so they actually got a new role and are quite useful in parties.

=

By the way: does the number of cured people depend on the skill level? That would make much sense, according to me.
      I mean, they took the Stun from the leadership.
      But I could not see how the shaman cured a team.
      Stun is useful in leadership as it is by a boss-kill.
      What has impact on pvp. It affects monster killing.
      The cooldown time could be more than 44% in the Swiftness. It could be around 50-55%.
      Only the necklace gives many magic speeds.

Marce23 wrote:

Dragons Aid Perfect Master +90int90dex ........18% critical???? I think this in very very wrong, change the critical like it was before.

Dragon's Aid of given 18% critical hits are few. It could around 45-50% by Dragon's Aid level p with 140 int.
      So it would be useful for the dragon's Aid.
      I could not try the buffers because they did not work. Or yes?
      If fhey do work well that write to me.
    • Dragon's Aid should give 30-35 % of critical hits at P with 132 INTand 90 DEX and 50% to Shamans (and a maximum of 45% if you have 154 INT and 128 DEX and 60% to Shamans). The percengage of Blessing is OK because is going to give more than 50-60% to Shamans (maybe it needs 300 seconds of duration). Reflect, which is the worst skill in Dragon Shamans got also nerfed and I don't understand why (it must have the percentage it used to have at P).
      Cure is OK now and Attack Up is more useless than before, I have seen some goods ideas in the post like giving both physical attack and magical attack in higher ammounts (maybe 100 if it is Perfect Master and remove the dependende of Strength in the percentage of the buff). Swifftness is also OK.

The cooldowns also have to change: 10seconds or 20 seconds maximum.
    • Leadership blocker

"Leadership "blocker" status will no longer increase stun duration from Magical Sources"
      I think that the stuns will not have to change , It is essential in pvm with some boss , in pvp can be cancel with skill cure.
      Feed Negative :thumbdown:
    • Change the blessing and Dragon Aid's is to ruin the game of all classes, but essentially of the shamans. The poor race are already bad at doing PvM, they have to move mountains to do a decent damage, and then they still want to put a huge cooldown on buffs. If they want to increase the ease to give buffs to groups can put what is now and they don't touch neither the cooldown nor the percentage.

They can for example increase the percentage for the character itself, and for others keep the same or similar to what is nowadays.
    • Hello!

At Shaman I really do not think there was a need for a change. Samman to grow alone needs almost 100% criticism and if you increase the wait time so much you say to a meley with 16 players and the maximum is 3 shaman when he grabs the buff at all? 3 minutes for each player and if the adio buff still dies.
      NEVER BACK DOWN
    • just wanna metion that the miserable joke of "EXTRA BONUS" fropm dragon's aid is awesome that 1% makes the diference i really apreciate it, hope never gonna need the old stuff bc this amount is too much for me.
      “Although there is no progress without change, not all change is progress.”
      :!: John Robert Wooden :!:
      Customer complaints are the schoolbooks from which we learn.
      Lou Guerstner
    • baklawa wrote:

There is my dragon's aid test with 164 int and 96 dex .

34% critical hit on self, 31% on group members. Only 3% extra for shaman.

Big problem is missed dragon's aid and blessing skills. Because of long cooldown durations.

-The % of Dragon Aid are very low even taking a lot of intelligence the shaman is still at a great disadvantage as it mainly depends on critics to kill characters and launch skills fast.
      -I believe that if you get to have that intelligence we should reach at least 50% and for the shamans themselves an extra 20% more than the maximum. This is why I insist that Dragon Aid of the same% as Blessing.
      -Also the cooldown should be only 10 seconds as it is now. For the shaman in pvp and pvm and also for his group contribution this is vital. I think the auras should be given independently, the group buff is good idea but we would be restricting much of the game of shamans that often help people outside their level range, since the level range is what mainly limits the contribution that can give group.
      The only way I see it possible to give the group aura without affecting what already exists, is that there is an option to be able to give auras in a group or individual way. I hope this is taken into account since many shamans I know mainly criticize this point and if somehow enable this with an option, surely the majority will change of opinion since they could do what they can do now and have the possibility to give group auras. It would be a good way to reinforce them.
      -I have tried the auras of shaman healing and for example the scale attack of a much smaller form than before. I tried changing the attributes and taking 123 int and 90 str was getting 58.8 attack. To give you an idea, the 90's of strength alone have given me about 11 damage only. It seems to me that it is not enough that increases by the amount of points put into it.
      -However in the normal server, carrying that intelligence the same skill is giving me 54.5, although there alone scale with intelligence is much greater. In the beta carrying only intelligence (123 int) with no point in strength, it is giving me 47.6.
      It seems to me that the right thing would be in any case to improve a little as I scale this ability with intelligence like the normal server and secondarily with dexterity. Since if a shaman wants to try a build using strength and intelligence and dexterity, it will not be useful at all to have invested points in strength for the little that benefits him.
      JonyBelmont, Body Warrior lv112. Metin2.es Server: Nemesis.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Blesenth ().