Shaman balancing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear players,

please read >> here <<.

Thank you for being a part of this!

• sorry @unforgiven but now we have less % critical in pvm , a bit more in group buff, and less in pvp than in live servers, and ofcourse our dmg has been reduced again, yes, we have a bit more chance to get a critical skill landing on enepie, but does the (500 or 800 ) extra dmg from criticals balance the diference between dragons and lithing ?

pd: you still forget wolfs have 20% extra chance on 2 skills + stun. (u did the wrong nerf on wolfs, just taing the extra bonus of theyr skills was enought in pvp not to take theyr mains skill too low.)

edit:
      maybe i am really dumb because its seems no make sense at all, on one hand you told us this

unforgiven wrote:

The chance of dealing critical hit in PvP with skills has been increased in comparison with Live Server. This means that for Shaman, the net chance will be the same as live server while for other classes it will be reduced.
      however, on the other hand you posted this

unforgiven wrote:

If Shaman has 39% critical hit chance (no more in their gear) and a Warrior has 26% critical hit chance (no more in their gear); Shaman has higher chance of dealing critical hits with skills.

In live servers:
      If shaman has 52% critical hit chance (no more in their gear) and Warrior has 52% critical hit chance (no more in their gear); Both have the same chance of dealing critical hits with skills.
      so, you mean that you reduced de damage that critic skill deals, you reduced the total critical chance on pvp and pvm and say it's fair because we will hace 13% more chance to land a critical skill when this 13% is not exactly 13% as the % in pvp is calculates in a way that it has too much % less, so if the % gets detuced by 1/3 the gap of 13% becomes a 4,3% well if you think this is fair ...
      And also you said "the chance of dealing critical hit in pvp with skills has been increased in comparison to live server." WOW with 39% we will be more likely to land a critical skill than in live servers with 52% (i think i misundestood something o somewhat strange is happening here)
      and finally if we have a really small "extra% of critical" and the critical dmg as can bee seen is not that much compared to live servers, you really think this will help dragon shamans? and why went from 50% downto 39?
      “Although there is no progress without change, not all change is progress.”
      :!: John Robert Wooden :!:
      Customer complaints are the schoolbooks from which we learn.
      Lou Guerstner

The post was edited 1 time, last by TcatalunyaT ().

• At begining you reduce critical to 15% now you give us 10% more and you thin we are will be happy ? We have 25% less critic then before...
      This changes is for dragon shamans? People will take another Warrior/wp to party then a Buffs becose it will be better ( durring the dungeon maybe you dont have any buffs(chance of giving buff)). So peopel will stop playing dragon shamans..
      Just make something better and delete this class will be more easy to webzen and GF...
      This is a nail into the coffin ...
    • NieznanyAs wrote:

At begining you reduce critical to 15% now you give us 10% more and you thin we are will be happy ? We have 25% less critic then before...
      This changes is for dragon shamans? People will take another Warrior/wp to party then a Buffs becose it will be better ( durring the dungeon maybe you dont have any buffs(chance of giving buff)). So peopel will stop playing dragon shamans..
      Just make something better and delete this class will be more easy to webzen and GF...
      For me looks ok, 39% critics on self knowing that only dragon shaman can have that much on self, not some dagger that i fight with and he keeps his buff around just for that. I'm the kind of person that in mass pvp i "forget" to buff others just because i don't have time for that (this will change with group buff).
      Lets see what they come out with for weapon specialization, right now we need like 30% better bonus so 40% in total and healing shaman get's to keep his 10% bonus just to be able to have same dmg output.
    • CantBuffU wrote:

NieznanyAs wrote:

At begining you reduce critical to 15% now you give us 10% more and you thin we are will be happy ? We have 25% less critic then before...
      For me looks ok, 39% critics on self knowing that only dragon shaman can have that much on self, not some dagger that i fight with and he keeps his buff around just for that. I'm the kind of person that in mass pvp i "forget" to buff others just because i don't have time for that (this will change with group buff).Lets see what they come out with for weapon specialization, right now we need like 30% better bonus so 40% in total and healing shaman get's to keep his 10% bonus just to be able to have same dmg output.
      "I don't mind having my damage reduced as long as I get bonus damage"

That's the spirit.
    • I wanna write this fast, so first game forces players to have our own dragon shamans, and for the years he's always the same, and now you wan't to destroy months/years of making one more character to play normal?
      Blessing- dmg from monsters are big so you shouldn't change in it anything.
      Reflect- I don't see any changes when i use it or not in PVM, PVP? >Dispel< :P(shamans should get for buff himself 10-20% more and it will be good).
      Dragon's Aid- maybe it's should be 40% on P with all int bonuses, but not lower(shamans should get for buff himself 10-20% more and it will be good).

Duration- should be the same on all buffs (240/300/360sec, one of this values).
      Recharge- 10sec.
      Crit should have 2x attack power without scaling with % of crit.
      Use skills on all people in group- good, but should work better(bigger range).
      Use skills on people without party- should be like on the official servers.
    • This is not a "party" game like PWI or Tera is mostly a solo game and there are 2 kind of shamans: Alts saman to buff main character and solo play shaman who the same as me, have a hard time play pve. Not many pvp ppl play with dragon shaman.
      Shaman is already hard to play at pve and you take away what good is left from her and you want to make it better for party?? I mean, what party?
      Better let shaman buffs dont work on other characters anymore, increase her dmg, def, cooldown skills and let her/he be a solo class not buffer anymore and then players stop putting money and time in her/him and everyone will not benefit from buffs anymore because is not worth the time and money to play with shaman dragon and even at PVP (witch i hate, i am pve player) i rather have a healer shaman then dragon as well. So you ruin her pvp/pvm.
      Just make her/him a solo class and she can only use buff at herself, make it a solo class and there you go.
      Buffs will be useless now so why bother? Nothing changed at reflect skill (useless as well) and her dmg will still suck thx to crappy cooldowns. I have to say not everyone play PVP this game, for example me I play pve only so i think for healer shaman use a fan sucks if she/he play pve only like brake metins stones because from a horse you need bell. Not everyone have someone to lvl with so for example in V2 you need a horse to lvl and what are shamans healers will do then? The shamans are just for pvp? Most of PVE side of game is from a horse dmg, metins, bosses, many groups of mobs, V2, some rooms in V3 etc. This game is not just pvp so you need to balance shamans for pve as well. You ruin the critc buff, the def buff from dragon shaman i dont mind in pvp because this 1 shot power some character have has to go but that affect pve more then pvp. There is nothing good about this balance. Shaman healer need to play with bell to because you cant use fan from horse.
    • Yes @angelyna24 , this update will not change nothing in the game, pvp is going to be still dead. Is OK when someone is better if they spent real money, but in that game the differences are too high, there are too many bonus when you are dopping your equipment, costumes and power items destroyed the game and they don't want to modify that. Also, now you need 3829242 different buffers if you want to play with different characters because you can't buff without party. In addition, if you want to leveling with something different to a Dragon Shaman now you need to be in party with the shaman, thing that in my opinion is really annoying. In my opinion buffs must be castable in people outside your party.
      In conclusion, with all these changes you are making Dragon Shamans more useless than ever, they aren't able to play PvE (less damage than most of classes, and lykans, wars and weaponary suras are really far of our possibilities on PvE), their damage is worse than most of characters in PvP, critical hits on PvP are stupidly useless, fans have less damage than swords and Healing Shamans have 10% more damage.
    • That is what i said. This game is not about party, this game is 99% solo and there is no need for a shaman to buff just party members. Is just stupid. Is hard enough to carry a shaman with you and waste of money and time so what is the point to keep doing it? They kill shaman both pvp/pve. Better just lower the overall dmg of monsters and bosses, give characters more def and remove shaman buffs for good, because for me 10-15 % dragon strength and blessing is not enough to worth the money and time and at pvp why not just use healer shaman?
      I rather put money in a sura or warrior then spend millions on INT items for 15-20% buffs.
      And how a healer shaman will dmg from a horse with fan? This game is not stay in city and kill ppl, some of us like pve and how will a healer shaman can kill a metin for example without horse? Put bell on dragon and fan on healer is a bad idea. It will be good if the fan will hit same as bell from a horse.
    • angelyna24 wrote:

That is what i said. This game is not about party, this game is 99% solo and there is no need for a shaman to buff just party members. Is just stupid. Is hard enough to carry a shaman with you and waste of money and time so what is the point to keep doing it? They kill shaman both pvp/pve. Better just lower the overall dmg of monsters and bosses, give characters more def and remove shaman buffs for good, because for me 10-15 % dragon strength and blessing is not enough to worth the money and time and at pvp why not just use healer shaman?
      I rather put money in a sura or warrior then spend millions on INT items for 15-20% buffs.
      And how a healer shaman will dmg from a horse with fan? This game is not stay in city and kill ppl, some of us like pve and how will a healer shaman can kill a metin for example without horse? Put bell on dragon and fan on healer is a bad idea. It will be good if the fan will hit same as bell from a horse.
      Yep its true they will nerf it and we can't do anything about it, maybe just re-roll (black magic new/old gameforge lovechild will be my best pick).

About weapon specialization bonus i think u got it wrong, we get 10% just when using skills not normal hits so is useless in pvm, who kills a boss or metin stone with skills? who farms/grow in enchanted forest with skills? Not to mention in pvp that 10% won't help us, we still hit better with skills because bell have so low magic attack that makes them worthless in pvp.

So yep this "balancing" was to get archers some lower cool down (they deserve it), lycan nerf, dragon shaman nerf, some more dmg for healing shaman and more AMR for black magic.
    • unforgiven wrote:

Priore,

Of course that there will be some damage loss but we need to start the whole balancing somewhere and we are trying to reduce the damage.

With this update, PvE will become easier for Shamans, a bit harder for other classes because of the reduction of Dragon Aid. PvP will be more tactical and less damage will be dealt overall - less 1 hit kills. Ok, critical might have less power here but it will make it more fun because it will take more time to kill other characters.
      I have to agree with this. Pvp is to much 1 shot. I see ppl of 55 lvl 1 shot 115 lvl. The only thing i agree with this patch is reduce crit hits in pvp. Maybe later on try to make other characters better overall pvp/pve because 90% of ppl play a warrior.
      Lvl 50 ppl buff themselves with P shamans and 1 shot 100+ characters is just not fair. And i dont mean useless duels or pvp in city, I mean where it matter during leveling, during braking metins,V2, bosses and they 1 shot us and steal our drop.
      I will also wish that you put bells to have more magic attack same as fan because dragon shaman use skills to right? Fan is good for healer but bell not good for dragon.
    • YoTeDoPo wrote:

angelyna24 wrote:

Nothing changed at reflect skill (useless as well)
      Yes, is worse than before... Is difficult to understand why they nerfed Reflect and Attack Up, they were the worst skills in the game and now they are simple decoration if you want to be surrounded by a yellow aura or have a power ball on your left hand.
      Soon this will go live and all players will find out what they did to dragon shaman buffs, nerfed critics in pvp, 25% critics for team with lower duration etc, and i'm confident none will approve :) Can't wait to see dark magic splating me with 12-14k normal hit thru all my magic resistance just like they did before they tuned down antimagic at 25% for them, and me doing like 2-3k dmg because of his 33% protection.

No one seems to understand in duels we are the only class who could have +100% critics and they where game changer, it's just like removing aura from wariors, instead of getting something good in exchange, we got lowered dmg (AMR got reworked) and few good stuffs (better fire and dragon raw hiting from distance) but those 2 alone won't make out for our loses.

The post was edited 1 time, last by CantBuffU ().

• CantBuffU wrote:

Soon this will go live and all players will find out what they did to dragon shaman buffs, nerfed critics in pvp, 25% critics for team with lower duration etc, and i'm confident none will approve :) Can't wait to see dark magic splating me with 12-14k normal hit thru all my magic resistance just like they did before they tuned down antimagic at 25% for them, and me doing like 2-3k dmg because of his 33% protection.
      This is really bad and annoying, but in my opinion the worst changes are that now you cannot buff people outside your party and the weapon specialization.
    • hurts if you do not respond remover changes in critical and blessing Dragon Flame, regardless if insects temple zodiac are arranged, new weapons 105 mess with damage of media and other things, we know that the pillar the shamans remain ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, all this people is a big part of metin is the only great subject that know well that if the :cursing: began the end of metin and not only in Spain maybe also in other communities like the turkish in French or German, that I do not know but he knows that close the beta, we better 3km from riata to put temples, weapons and armor, people who know that a dragon is almost the cornerstone of everything to make dragons, meleys, arradores, nemeres, Azrael or even a simple reaper you will know that not having an element, you can pass 2 things.

1.- Or a few really few meters of money to equip with critics
      2. Open people less than hay

Because now comparing between the beta and the official server I notice these things.

1.- In the beta a dragon shaman the net does not serve the dragon roar that sticks to the opponent, it is better with the global effect with what is now
      2.- The percentage of shooting fire that if I see it well and the firing and roaring cooldowns do not affect almost anything.
      3.- In blessing the 150 seconds of duration is an auraate anger every time for less than my idea is that lasts 4 minutes and that is the average that saw that last in aurearse (240 seconds)
      4.- The percentage of critics with 90 in the official 34% on average in perfect, in the beta only 18%, here if tnato want to balance in my opinion the ideal would be 30% of critics in perfect 90 of int and with complete int about 40% or 38 of loss.
      5. Fix the reflected damage, that is more than anything, the length is fine but the damage is reflected parked in the enchanted armor and reflected, according to Perfect 38% and 50% deflect enchanted armor, I just noticed that little reflecta
      6.- Remove the stone ruppemagia that many will say is inescapable (I know it ignored).
      7.- Fix this forum, I have to send me once my opinions, because when I click send does not leave until I reload page
    • TcatalunyaT wrote:

still waiting to read this:

Guys sorry this is all a joke, lets start listening players and make a real balance.
      I'm filling like dragon shaman are GF step child or something, lycan got nerfed they cried a lot and they got higher dmg then initial nerf and higher duration, they cried some more and they got an decent duration of 120 seconds, archers got some more love with the last update for pvm mostly. But about our main problem aka weapon specialization no good news yet.