Sorts archers bug

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear players,

please read >> here <<.

Thank you for being a part of this!

• Priore wrote:

What do you mean?
      I meant that you could apply on bosses a really long lasting poison/bleeding bonus, when in combination with Leadership "Blocker".

That way, even a poison percentage lower than 100% would be actually quite useful (and somewhat replace the "permanent" stun they just removed). And it'd be very useful considering that Ninjas are not generally regarded as very useful in PvE, unless they transform (but transformation is not convenient in some circumstances, such as bosses strong as Jotun).

Of course, that would require ninjas to have just ONE skill capable of poisoning. Do you think that would be too much?
    • BlueShade wrote:

Priore wrote:

What do you mean?
      I meant that you could apply on bosses a really long lasting poison/bleeding bonus, when in combination with Leadership "Blocker".
      That way, even a poison percentage lower than 100% would be actually quite useful (and somewhat replace the "permanent" stun they just removed). And it'd be very useful considering that Ninjas are not generally regarded as very useful in PvE, unless they transform (but transformation is not convenient in some circumstances, such as bosses strong as Jotun).

Of course, that would require ninjas to have just ONE skill capable of poisoning. Do you think that would be too much?
      I asked about this: "Do not forget that we also lost a skill damage-only ability, that's something that no burning effect may replace."

Anyway, I think that would be a good thing to make archers useful in pvm and group bosses, but an ever lasting bleeding on lykans would be OP haha
    • Strijelac wrote:

And I find that the fact that having a bow and arrows for a feather strike is an bad idea ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?(

It seems so logical to me :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
      Exactly, in times of the quiver isn't bad you can't cast spells as archer. Looking in old Feather Walk is maybe harder to imagine now we need bow and arrows but well it's the cost of the extra thing this skill gives.

So yea, summary it's logical to me too.
      Nickname: Dosarphic
      Profession: Ninja Archer
      Lv: 115

Metin2 PL
      Server: Samos [s.51]
    • I understand your point, but same was with spark back in the days you been able to cast it with daggers while PvE (of course the dmg was funny low). The not possibility of casting Feather Walk is because the arrow/bow requi and the game code is so old to add something like use for exp etc.

Don't know how is on your server tho, but on mine 200 speed potions is for like 6kk that support your movement speed.

Just to clear the fact I understand your point, I don't hate it, but also understand the change in bow needing to cast it make unable to cast it while using another kind of weapon.

Fun fact is that you can turn Feather Walk with bow and change weapon so the effect is working, but who will change weapons every 14 seconds :P
      That is fair with shaman with Leadership on P level and gives you extra minute of running and shooting bombs.
      Nickname: Dosarphic
      Profession: Ninja Archer
      Lv: 115

Metin2 PL
      Server: Samos [s.51]
    • Because it resists the class with one and the same weapon: the bow saw that all the other spells also need it: ninja assassin can take sword and daggers and even bow with poisoned mist, the warriors have 2 weapons also, the sura also and do not even need to cast their spells, idem for the shamans, the lycans can use their buff without a weapon. So there is only the archer who is blocked with a single weapon and who in any case never goes xp with the bow and who therefore can not use any skill in PVE is a weak and unfair restriction of his gameplay, by definition an archer could make a sparkling shot and feather walk without a weapon and with any one of this one but good it must surely be simpler to program that way for Webzen who managed to make 5 spells unusable on this beta, I fecilite them I had never seen this before.
    • unforgiven wrote:

The skill problems have been fixed. Please test and give constructive feedback.

Thank you in advance!
      unforgiven

Thank you = D the archer spells work correctly, you only have modified the description of the spells to add the side effects (with the% of preference), I did several dozens of tests and with rain of arrows j I slowed down each time, fire arrow I burned 2 times out of 3, shot shooting well dropped and shot sparkling makes invisible the time indicated.
    • Olthir wrote:

Can you explain me why Feather Walk should be activated also without the bow?
      Thank you!
      Mainly, because I grew up believing that doing a jump in mid-air would not actually require holding a bow. :D

Same speech for Spark: it's a hand-bomb, I don't really think you'd fling a grenade with a bow. Chances are you might end up blowing up yourself, that way. :P

Besides, what really bugs me, is the fact that other characters are able to use some skills without any weapon as well, such as Poisonous Cloud.

Anyway, I'm afraid someone already guessed what the issue is:

Dosarphic wrote:

understand your point, but same was with spark back in the days you been able to cast it with daggers while PvE (of course the dmg was funny low). The not possibility of casting Feather Walk is because the arrow/bow requi and the game code is so old to add something like use for exp etc.
      So I guess they'll never change it.

Anyway, as it is now, Feather Walk's mini-bombs may be nice (a little too big, maybe!) but aren't really useful. If you just run among monsters, for instance, you really have to make sure the bombs are EXACTLY set on the mob, because their radius is really, really limited.

BM's Flame Spirit is much stronger and has got a better radius, for instance.

I think it should at least cover a 3 radar-unit area (with 1 radar-unit approximately being equal to 3 steps made by a generic character).
    • BlueShade wrote:

Olthir wrote:

Can you explain me why Feather Walk should be activated also without the bow?
      Thank you!
      Mainly, because I grew up believing that doing a jump in mid-air would not actually require holding a bow. :D
      Same speech for Spark: it's a hand-bomb, I don't really think you'd fling a grenade with a bow. Chances are you might end up blowing up yourself, that way. :P

Besides, what really bugs me, is the fact that other characters are able to use some skills without any weapon as well, such as Poisonous Cloud.

Anyway, I'm afraid someone already guessed what the issue is:

Dosarphic wrote:

understand your point, but same was with spark back in the days you been able to cast it with daggers while PvE (of course the dmg was funny low). The not possibility of casting Feather Walk is because the arrow/bow requi and the game code is so old to add something like use for exp etc.
      So I guess they'll never change it.
      Anyway, as it is now, Feather Walk's mini-bombs may be nice (a little too big, maybe!) but aren't really useful. If you just run among monsters, for instance, you really have to make sure the bombs are EXACTLY set on the mob, because their radius is really, really limited.

BM's Flame Spirit is much stronger and has got a better radius, for instance.

I think it should at least cover a 3 radar-unit area (with 1 radar-unit approximately being equal to 3 steps made by a generic character).
      Okay
      Okay
      :)