[BUG] Some documentation for Skill Critical DMG Bug

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear players,

please read >> here <<.

Thank you for being a part of this!

• unforgiven wrote:

The damage calculation has also been changed in PvP

Instead of simply being 2x the damage, the weapon and weapon grade will influence the outcome of the critical hit (critical hit damage in PvP was reduced by 40-60%)

We really need to know how exactly does this work since most of us have 90 to 105 weapons not less than +9 and still can't see the benefits of having critics
      It must be a bug because we should have at least +30% more damage on each critical hit, which we don't.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Calm ().

• "critical hit damage in PvP was reduced by 40-60%"

I have the same DMG with and without crit on any weapons and any classes. Lv 120 and Kyanite Fan +9 (lv 115 weapon) - we have the same problem:

Images
      • cr1.jpg

225.7 kB, 1,280×720, viewed 568 times
      • cr2.jpg

132.93 kB, 1,280×720, viewed 507 times
      • cr3.jpg

115.99 kB, 1,280×720, viewed 566 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by zoNE ().

• Priore wrote:

Shocking.

If they want to reduce damage they should rely on other sources. Like pets, costumes and all that stupid stuff that make everything so unbalanced in pvp.
      I also say that in other topic.This change is only in pvp ,in pvp i saw the critic work normal.That means pvp items whit critic bonus will be useless.Is fair because the pircing hit also waz nerfed.If the critics wold be the same in pvp,the body warrior,sura am will have no chance in 1vs1.But is a good thing in critic nerf,is that the pircing hit cant not critic (in can but the diference of normal pircing and critical pircing will not be notable,just as skill critics).The body warrior who had give 4k-6k critical pircing will do only 2-3k normal pircing now and thats grate!
    • You are welcome.

unforgiven wrote:

Regarding the Critical Hit damage in PvP, what you see is correct. In the Thread where I wrote the changes it says that the damage was reduced by 40 to 60%.

40-60% of the total damage? Is it not the critical part of your DMG? Now I understand.

I thought you were talking about:

DMG without Crit = 7330
      DMG with Crit (max value) = 7330+7330*0.6 = 11728
      DMG with Crit (min value) = 7330+7330*0.4 = 10262

(Old DMG without Crit = 7330
      Old DMG with Crit = 7330*2 = 14660)

It all made sense at the time...

If "the damage was reduced by 40 to 60%" (the damage understood as the total damage), then:

DMG without Crit = 7330
      Current DMG with Crit (max value) = 14660*0.6 = 8796
      Current DMG with Crit (min value) = 14660*0.4 = 5864

Just to make sure. So doesn't that mean that the DMG with Crit may be less than the DMG without Crit - depending on your weapon attack value (the exact value, not the lowest possible value of your skill)? Is it only the lowest possible value of your skill (depending on your weapon - when you use it)?

The post was edited 7 times, last by zoNE ().

• Display Spoiler
      Não acredito no que estás a dizer... estou perplexo, se a formula considera "o crítico" = "2(dano)" então devia ser "o crítico" = "1.4~1.6(dano)" porque tas a dizer no tópico das alterações que vai sofrer uma redução de 40 a 60% de "o dano critico" nunca na vida "o crítico" vai ser menor que o "dano", a realidade da alteração é outra porque ai estás a dizer que "o valor dano foi reduzido de 40 a 60% mas está a ser contabilizado a totalidade do valor e não como "critico = 2 vezes a totalidade" pelo que por sua vez estás a reduzir em metade as percentagens reais e induzir em erro toda a gente no tópico das alterações com uma interpretação errada de palavras quando a percentagem real vai uma redução de 80 a 120% do valor do dano crítico em relação aos servidores oficiais. Pelos vistos eu pensei o mesmo que o autor do tópico.

That makes no sense, so if ou make the critic you can even make less damage than without critic.

I think that everyone is thinking that those -40% to -60% is about the critic damage = (200%), the total damage = 200% that you sayng is just neutralizing completely the critics. And i thought that it was just bugged... like everyone aparently.

Normal damage = 100%
      Critic Damage = 200%

Should be -40~60% from the 200% giving it a critic damage from 140~160% and a normal damage from 100%.

In the tread everyone read that the critic damage was reduced by -40~60%, i repeat the critic damage and you are considering it a total damage.

So right there it's:
      Normal Damage = 50%
      Critic Damage = 100%

Critic Damage 100% and less -40~60% so only makes a diference from +10% to a stupid less -10% diference from the normal damage.

100% - 40% = 60% Critic damage, but 50% is the normal damage so you take +10% than normal.
      100% - 60% = 40% Critic damage, but 50% is the normal damage so you take -10% than normal.

taking in count that before a critical damage was the double than the normal damage:

This makes actually a real reduction from less -80% to -120% from the critic damage before on live servers making it even lower than without crit damage... that is just absurd and unlogic, nobody will invest on that bonus anymore on pvp ridiculous...

Edit: @zoNE if you see in the -50,83% on the table the Critic makes 137 less damage than the normal damage.
      Metin2 Portugal | Chunjo
      Body Warrior | Lv120 / 2
      Youtube Channel

The post was edited 2 times, last by hugoW ().

• There is no bug here, New critical skill sucks! And more disadvantaged will be warriors (more players are warrior actually)
      The game will not be the same... I assure it
      Lots of people stop playing, If implemented
      No more to say, a pity X/

Just look this image: this is not a viable solution, reduce the "break magic"
      board.beta.metin2.gameforge.co…tdamage-pvp-20170930-png/
      DSS vídeos:
    • I used zoNE's values to explain how the reduction is calculated. The New Crit should not always be the same number, it was just like that because I didn't have the exact values from the previous example. With this:

- You always deal more damage than the base damage
      - This was done so that PvP battles would be longer
      - Damage is calculated depending on your weapon damage and its upgrade level.
    • unforgiven wrote:

I used zoNE's values to explain how the reduction is calculated. The New Crit should not always be the same number, it was just like that because I didn't have the exact values from the previous example. With this:

- You always deal more damage than the base damage
      - This was done so that PvP battles would be longer
      - Damage is calculated depending on your weapon damage and its upgrade level.
      So that example you gave where the critical damage was lower than the normal damage isn't going to happen? If so you should change the example because it's clearly giving that impression.
    • If GF team want PvP longers were in 2013 - 2014 or before best years of the game definitely, then criticals were double damage as it always was, they are good and give meaning to PvP.

As the game is now, the PvP will still be short for more that "reduce skill critics" to 0% if you like critic to -50% or miss Dmg does not matter because is not the problem here due in wars nobody takes 15% defense against everything, accessories against everything... it not possible and pvp will be short and pvp will be short anyway, no one will be immortal that's clear.

Sorry it isnt my post but Beta is to suggest ideas. I am PvP player since more of 9 years of the few there survive, currently players are mostly PvM and the game is getting closer and closer to that. Simple reason pvp ********
      One BIGgest problem of the game was the magic breaks:
      >The classes that were not favored by this bonus were annoyed, something normal.
      >The classes favored by this bonus were good impression at first, at the same time they ended up getting bored of abusing the weak and helpless.
      So this ************************* bonus should never have been greater than 25% best solution of ever is to put a limit to things.

The limitation of critical skill was already implemented. How? For example if you have 100% critical bonus or 150% critical or 200% critical or 2000000% critical your skills will not always be critical, they leave in 60 - 70% of the time as maximum, I do not know exactly but we know it is true and knowing that critic skill is random gives interest to game pvp talking.

Use and try magic lollipop, 25% stone in weapon plus armor, and pet with berseker and breaks-magic will up to 62%. Then try 1.1 any other class then talk about balance PvP, the magic breaks have no well-defined limits, this cause umbalance PvP.

Humble opinion sorry, Beta now is closed and the subject really worries and all of guild of active players of my server. Regards :)
      DSS vídeos:

The post was edited 1 time, last by warrior ().

• warrior wrote:

If GF team want PvP longers were in 2013 - 2014 or before best years of the game definitely, then criticals were double damage as it always was, they are good and give meaning to PvP.

As the game is now, the PvP will still be short for more that "reduce skill critics" to 0% if you like critic to -50% or miss Dmg does not matter because is not the problem here due in wars nobody takes 15% defense against everything, accessories against everything... it not possible and pvp will be short and pvp will be short anyway, no one will be immortal that's clear.

Sorry it isnt my post but Beta is to suggest ideas. I am PvP player since more of 9 years of the few there survive, currently players are mostly PvM and the game is getting closer and closer to that. Simple reason pvp ********
      One BIGgest problem of the game was the magic breaks:
      >The classes that were not favored by this bonus were annoyed, something normal.
      >The classes favored by this bonus were good impression at first, at the same time they ended up getting bored of abusing the weak and helpless.
      So this ************************* bonus should never have been greater than 25% best solution of ever is to put a limit to things.

The limitation of critical skill was already implemented. How? For example if you have 100% critical bonus or 150% critical or 200% critical or 2000000% critical your skills will not always be critical, they leave in 60 - 70% of the time as maximum, I do not know exactly but we know it is true and knowing that critic skill is random gives interest to game pvp talking.

Use and try magic lollipop, 25% stone in weapon plus armor, and pet with berseker and breaks-magic will up to 62%. Then try 1.1 any other class then talk about balance PvP, the magic breaks have no well-defined limits, this cause umbalance PvP.

Humble opinion sorry, Beta now is closed and the subject really worries and all of guild of active players of my server. Regards :)
      They should add a lvl55 potion ,lets say purple potion whit 8,10,12,15,20% anti magic rezistence ,and another potion lets say black potion from lvl 95-100 whit 8,10,12,15,20% anti magic rezistece.So there whould be a balance even in low lvl,and hight lvl.Why they have any time 50% anti magical rezistece,and onther caracters to balance that need to invest money on costumes,and potions whit magic rezistece.Because thats why gf aded anti magical stone,to balance the hight amound of magic rezistece that a player can gain ,because of skins and costumes.So this are not making the game pay to win? In order to exist balance vs a magical caracter u need to buy or spend a lot of money on costumes .