Idea of revalorization of the level up in PVP

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear players,

please read >> here <<.

Thank you for being a part of this!

• Idea of revalorization of the level up in PVP

Hello, after many conversations with other players as well as with members of the GameForge equine, I had an idea that fits perfectly into this PVP balancing beta and that could be tested at an upcoming beta.

The idea is simple: it would be necessary to implant a new passive bonus, which would reduce any type of damage PVP. This new bonus would not be comparable to any other since it could not be found on the stuff or other item. My idea would be to add this bonus to each level up of our character, I thought a rate of 0.2% added per level (the level 1 characters will have 0% and the 120 levels will have 23.8% or 24% rounding).
      This will fix once and for all the problem of the damage too important in the PVP, this will avoid the duels of 3 seconds, the OS at 50k + on characters stuff as well as the abused and massive nerve as for the Lycan at the moment. Many people are also complaining that low level characters (60-) could easily kill high levels (75-90 sometimes even 105) thanks to their perfect alchemy.
      Moreover, it would give an additional motivation to reach the maximum level to undergo less damage and to be more effective (24% for a 120 level seems to me really reasonable).
      For now there is no real reason to exceed level 115 apart for the pleasure of being at the maximum level (since statistics are blocked from lvl 91). This closes my first point and opens the second.

If the top idea does not fit, there is another one that is even simpler: unlock statistics, it will allow a character level 120 (even a little before) to have all his statistics at least 90 points which seems to be normal when you reach the highest level of the game. Moreover, with the changes on the statistics of this beta (I think especially of the shamans and archers) it becomes necessary to put points in all the statistics if one want to maximize our character except that no one wants to lose any damage and if an opportunity presents itself to have more, one seizes it. All this to say that for example for the archers, the players will put 90 points in strength dexterity and integrity and only 16 unfortunate points in vitality, it makes a loss of approximately 3k points of life which will still listen to our resistance in PVP.

Here are my 2 little ideas :) do not hesitate to say what you think, personally I am satisfied and I think it could really help the revaluation PVP what is the bte of all these beta :).
    • Hi Strijelac,

As we have discussed there might be some problems on how this would work - specially in conjunction with some damage-reducing skills (Sura - Dark Protection).
      The other thing is the fact that this would reduce the overall changes in Guild vs Guild (GvG) and Kingdom vs Kingdom (KvK).

I understand that leveling up does not have a higher effect at the moment but this needs to be discussed and thought after this Beta. This Beta is almost over.
    • unforgiven wrote:

Hi Strijelac,

As we have discussed there might be some problems on how this would work - specially in conjunction with some damage-reducing skills (Sura - Dark Protection).
      The other thing is the fact that this would reduce the overall changes in Guild vs Guild (GvG) and Kingdom vs Kingdom (KvK).

I understand that leveling up does not have a higher effect at the moment but this needs to be discussed and thought after this Beta. This Beta is almost over.
      Hello,

In my opinion best thing u can do to lower overall dmg (if this u are trying to fix by nerfing critics in pvp) is introducing pvp dmg cap, the percentage can be 30-50-60-70% maybe, so this will fix instant death in pvp. I have seen this working good in other games and gives u more possibilities:
      - go low hp lets say 10k and with spirit attack u will get hit for 5k lets say, which will be easy to regenerate but this will let u vulnerable to normal hits
      - u can go high hp like we use now, spirit attack will hit u for 15k lets say with 30k pv.

U can get further and improve it lets say u have 60 sword dmg cap will be 60%, 50 sword dmg cap will be 50% and so on, this can be discussed because we have resistance to pc also witch we have to consider, but its a starting point.
    • unforgiven wrote:

This Beta is almost over.
      what do you mean ? the changes on the archers are still not functional and shaman spells always bugs so how can it be finished? Unless you want to reworked and retest it in an upcoming beta.

My idea is also for the next beta test, regarding the interactions with protection of the darkness, may be this is the opportunity for you to reflect on this spell to make it more fair and less cheat with respect to other classes, moreover the damage reduction could very well be disabled for guild wars.
    • Strijelac wrote:

what do you mean ? the changes on the archers are still not functional and shaman spells always bugs so how can it be finished? Unless you want to reworked and retest it in an upcoming beta.
      My idea is also for the next beta test, regarding the interactions with protection of the darkness, may be this is the opportunity for you to reflect on this spell to make it more fair and less cheat with respect to other classes, moreover the damage reduction could very well be disabled for guild wars.

The skills will be fixed but as you might notice, these things are not fast which obviously has an impact on overall what we can do.
      The scope of this specific Beta is over. After fixing and fine-tuning some issues, it is done. As explained, this is the first step of balancing NOT the whole balancing.