Emerald earrings giving 8% avg damage instead of 5%

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear players,

please read >> here <<.

Thank you for being a part of this!

• Emerald earrings giving 8% avg damage instead of 5%

I don't think this is a bug and I don't even know if it's intended this way or not, but I wanted to point out that in the new character tab, when wearing Emerald Earrings +8 with three emeralds, you actually get +8% extra average.

=

Oh, I also noticed that quiver/arrows atk-Values are not taken into account at all, neither in the character sheet "basic attack damage" box, nor in the new character tab.

The post was edited 2 times, last by BlueShade ().

• Actually no one of my fellow players knew about this on live servers, Yemon. We generally tend to base ourselves on what we read, you know. :)

Thanks everyone, anyway.

____

As for this:

BlueShade wrote:

Oh, I also noticed that quiver/arrows atk-Values are not taken into account at all, neither in the character sheet "basic attack damage" box, nor in the new character tab
      It's intended this way as well? @Comkra
    • BlueShade wrote:

Actually no one of my fellow players knew about this on live servers, Yemon. We generally tend to base ourselves on what we read, you know. :)

Thanks everyone, anyway.

____

As for this:

BlueShade wrote:

Oh, I also noticed that quiver/arrows atk-Values are not taken into account at all, neither in the character sheet "basic attack damage" box, nor in the new character tab
      It's intended this way as well? @Comkra
      I don't know what you mean with the attack-value by quiver/arrows, could you please provide more details.
    • Arrows and Quivers have their own atkValue - that is to say, Attack Value = 25, and Magic attack Value =4.

Have a look at it: wiki.metin-2.com/index.php/Archer%27s_Quiver

When you equip them in the slot (or remove them from it), the basic attack damage in the character sheet does not take those values into account.

I thought it was a hidden value, but nothing changes in the new character bonuses tab. So I was wondering if it's allright.
    • Comkra wrote:

Topic: Arrow and Quiver
      That is a special case, becasue you make the damage with the weapon (in this case the bow) and not directly with the arrow/quiver.
      So, are you telling me that the attack value of arrows (and quivers) displayed until now is merely decorative?

Anyway, it's strange. You don't directly deal any damage with Shoulder Sashes as well - still, the attack value provided by a Shoulder Sash actually work just like a weapon. And that is because data are properly calculated.

Still, it does not really make sense to me. If you fling a wooden dart it will surely deal less damage than an iron one - because, once flung, the arrow becomes the actual "weapon" which will be dealing the final damage.

So, although this a minor change, you should decide whether removing the atk value description from arrows at all, or giving importance to the atk value provided by them.
    • Hey @BlueShade

If you go ahead and unequip all your stuff, while only wearing Silver Arrows for example. You should see a raise of the Attack Value or Magic Attack. But you don’t. From my logical understanding you SHOULD get an increased Attack Value – yes. But I can see why you don’t. I would consider the Attack Value the Arrows got as some form of displaying method to show you which Arrows are better.

I went ahead and checked some Stuff.
      Equipment worn: Bow+9, Wood Arrows or Silver Arrows, nothing else.

Wooden Arrows:
      Display Spoiler

Average Damage: 217,84

Silver Arrows:
      Display Spoiler

Average Damage: 230,16

So the Tests show a clear Boost in Damage while you got better Arrows equipped. It works exactly like a Sash. You implied that a Sash would give you Attack Value, while it does not. If you get rid of all your Equipment and equip your Sash, you will see that only your Attack Damage will rise, but not your “Attack Value” displayed in the Character Menu. However it still boosts your Damage, just as Arrows do :)

Btw. what count's for Emerald Earrings, also counts for all other Earrings and Bracelets. You will get 8% Skill Resistance, Skill Damage or Average Damage Resistance with full Sockets. Or 14% Resistance against Sura, Warrior, Lycan, Ninja or Shaman Attacks.
      if you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask me.

Alles was ich im Umfang einer Diskussion schreibe, stellt lediglich meine persönliche Meinung dar.
      Solltet ihr Probleme im Spiel haben oder Hilfe benötigen könnt ihr euch jederzeit an mich wenden!
    • @meh: thanks for your answer, but it still is really confusing.

You're telling me that different arrows types actually land different amount of damage: however, even if they display an attack value, this value won't be added neither in the classic "Attack Damage" box, nor in the "Attack Value" displayed in the new tab.

On the other hand, you didn't really get what I meant - maybe I confused "attack damage" with "attack value" when talking of Sashes. However that's not the point.

Basically: when you wear a shoulder Sash, the attack damage will definitely go up: however, when you equip arrows, nothing will go up.

It's still kinda confusing to me, but if you say it's okay this way, oh well. Yet, this:

meh wrote:

However it still boosts your Damage, just as Arrows do
      ...Well, that's really an euphemism. :P

The atkDamage provided by shoulder sashes is actually really useful, even when polymorphing for instance - you feel it pretty clearly. Same for skills. On the other hand, the attack value of arrows is atypical.

=

As for jewels, many thanks. I really didn't know, as many other players from my country didn't - until now.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BlueShade ().

• @BlueShade

I got what you meant. But yes, you confused Attack Damage with Attack Value. That’s why I said, I can see that Arrows don’t raise your Attack Value by up to 25.

Sashes don’t provide any Attack Value directly. However I can’t see a Reason why the Attack Value for the Arrows does not show up. I thought it might be because it’s a Stat provided by something you can “equip”, however a higher Attack Value is displayed while activating a Ruby Dragonstone, same goes for the according Strength you gain. So it just looks like a small Mistake to me.

You feel the Change between the Arrows as well. You can’t see the raised Attack Value (that might be an Issue) but you gain the Attack Value and are able to deal higher Damage with better Arrows (as my Test has shown) so it really should be no biggie.

Regarding the Jewelry. There has been a Rumor in the German Community at one point that it’s working that way, but I never believed it myself. Until I discovered it like 3-4 weeks ago.
      if you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask me.

Alles was ich im Umfang einer Diskussion schreibe, stellt lediglich meine persönliche Meinung dar.
      Solltet ihr Probleme im Spiel haben oder Hilfe benötigen könnt ihr euch jederzeit an mich wenden!
    • Ok, thanks for your answer.

I'm of the advice that even small thingies should be corrected, in order to provide an overall better experience to players.

And regarding this matter, it'd be nice if jewels actually displayed all of the bonuses they provide the player with, but I guess this is a secondary problem.

You may close this thread, if it helps you to keep things in order.