Just an idea for getting best feedback

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear players,

please read >> here <<.

Thank you for being a part of this!

• Just an idea for getting best feedback

badidol wrote:

Dear players,

just as a short update concerning the state of your feedback so far and what happened with it.

We were fully aware of the kind of feedback that some of the parts of the changelog would cause. We took this and your actual feedback so far and combined it into a recommendation we transmitted to Webzen yesterday.
      We included your feedback about Mythic DSS being too powerful. We also forwarded that you, the players, have the distinct impression that your current DSS will become devalued.

Please note that while we understand your concerns and forward them to Webzen that does not necessarily mean that things will change.

Your Metin2 Team

what if instead of this recomendations, you recomend webzen programers to actually play the game for 1 month in one of the less populated servers of europe and then another into the most populated server, so they can really know what this game is about and how is actually working so they can do something really usefull without messing up all the entire game.

Sorry, but sometimes seems they are playing carts with some pieces of code and then the last card is the one implemented.
      “Although there is no progress without change, not all change is progress.”
      :!: John Robert Wooden :!:
      Customer complaints are the schoolbooks from which we learn.
      Lou Guerstner
    • I like how players always think it's possible to actually play the game you work on just like you were a normal player. In reality you simply are fed up with the product after 8-12 hours a day and simply don't want to see it anymore afterwards.
      As much as I understand where you're coming from but what you're asking is simply unrealistic. Surely people working on any game will play it once in a while but as a dev, QA, Game Designer, CoMa, etc. you will never ever be able to "play like a player" without going batshit crazy from spending too much (free) time on your product.

I understand the idea but it only makes sense when you're looking at it like a player who doesn't necessarily know what it's like to work on/with games :)

In the beginning the Universe was created.
      This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------
    • okay, lets say they

badidol wrote:

play it once in a while but as a dev
      Then how is that possible to have that huge amount of buggs on the live servers version?
      And yes, i know a bit how it works, and ofc the ones who are doing code can't be testing all time, so then no code would be made, but thats why some companies have a permanent test server where players can go into and test the updates/news bt not as being done here, because more than once, testers do not even know how the sistem works, so that means that the final system has not been tested and thats why there are lots of buggs on the game, yes "normal buggs".

And ofc makes sense my suggestion, car makers do test theyr products before selling them and even when the product is ended, they pick some sahmples of the production to test them in order to acomplish with the requirements. Same happens wit All the industries.

pd: and if it was as you said and they can't afford having someone testing the game, then why do not rely more on players feedback? (dont say you do, because we have seen it on the past beta servers, whole comunity asking for something and the result was almost the same of the initial beta phase.)

pd2: still waiting for second part of balance bc now it was balanced on pvm, but removing that amount of resistances you are goinf even more unbalanced there.
      Lou Guerstner
    • lmcdoss6 wrote:

That's why there is some testers that play the game before the release or before an open beta... looks like this testers have not tested the game...
      Or even worst the masterminds behind this amazing update just did not gave a shit about what the testers said...
      One of these has to be true
      Why would you pay testers when you can start an open beta server for testing and receive terrible feedback :thumbsup:
    • badidol wrote:

I like how players always think it's possible to actually play the game you work on just like you were a normal player. In reality you simply are fed up with the product after 8-12 hours a day and simply don't want to see it anymore afterwards.
      As much as I understand where you're coming from but what you're asking is simply unrealistic. Surely people working on any game will play it once in a while but as a dev, QA, Game Designer, CoMa, etc. you will never ever be able to "play like a player" without going batshit crazy from spending too much (free) time on your product.

I understand the idea but it only makes sense when you're looking at it like a player who doesn't necessarily know what it's like to work on/with games :)
      Ohhh so you're one of the devs of this company, you have no ideia how of the ammount of people that joke and makes memes about the devs [censored]

Edit Salsie:
      we don't need this here!
      Discount code : Alpha

The post was edited 1 time, last by Salsie ().

• lmcdoss6 wrote:

That's why there is some testers that play the game before the release or before an open beta... looks like this testers have not tested the game...
      Or even worst the masterminds behind this amazing update just did not gave a shit about what the testers said...

Cedry2k wrote:

lmcdoss6 wrote:

Why would you pay testers when you can start an open beta server for testing and receive terrible feedback :thumbsup:

Guys, there are some updates you need to test with a huge mass of player. Do you really want to rely in an huge update like 18.4 on a few tester (We don't have your equipment so we have other results like you :) ) instead of a huge community?
      This beta is to get your feedback and ofc that you have the opportunity to test the new stuff. They don't need to do a public beta O.o They could instead just update the server and say that you have to deal with it

And as the word beta itself says this is not an release version. Gameforge got a lot of feedback, like you can see in the posts and as badidol told in the announcement they already forwarded it to webzen :)

So please calm down. We are all humans and we do mistakes (or in the programmer genre) create bugs.
      if you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask me.

Solltet ihr Probleme im Spiel haben oder Hilfe benötigen könnt ihr euch jederzeit an mich wenden!
    • badidol wrote:

I like how players always think it's possible to actually play the game you work on just like you were a normal player. In reality you simply are fed up with the product after 8-12 hours a day and simply don't want to see it anymore afterwards.

Ok I get the fact that after so many hours spent on developing the game you are fed up and don’t want to see it anymore and that’s 100% right. But most of the time not all the feedback is taken into consideration ( like the mythical alchemy class the no one asked for) and we as players need to adapt to some new changes that those developers dictated but are destroying the game we loved.
      No wonder that so many players are leaving the official server in favor of some private nonsense or a different game. We saw it through the years and we will see it now again, server fusion can’t prevent the decrease of players
    • I understand you, Rodox. As a Community Manager, however, my power ends with summing up all this feedback and making sure it reaches my Product Manager who then in turn makes his own decisions and with those then goes into discussions with the developers. I don't have the juice to make any of those decisions. I personally would have not gone for any new alchemy, it's certainly not part of any of the reports Community Management made over the years when gathering players' feedback. But that's just how it goes...often developers have their own ideas about how the game should develop and evolve and quite often they don't necessarily match with those of the players. All we can do as Community Managers is gather your feedback and make sure it is noted. That we do, it was all forwarded and every day during such betas I write a huge report with a summary of all of this and I even add my personal evaluation. My personal evaluation was to recommend to the PM not to bring 18.4 live in its current state, just as we already said in the latest news post about it. We did relay that to Webzen. From thereon in we also can do only one thing: wait and see what the reply is going to be.

I know this isn't exactly satisfying...but for now it's the best I can do.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
      This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------
    • So let's hope comunication flow increases, from the base (players) to the top (decelopers) bc if that do not increase,will result in players quiting and develoers not developinc, as no players means no game.
      Lou Guerstner
    • badidol wrote:

I understand you, Rodox. As a Community Manager, however, my power ends with summing up all this feedback and making sure it reaches my Product Manager who then in turn makes his own decisions and with those then goes into discussions with the developers. I don't have the juice to make any of those decisions. I personally would have not gone for any new alchemy, it's certainly not part of any of the reports Community Management made over the years when gathering players' feedback. But that's just how it goes...often developers have their own ideas about how the game should develop and evolve and quite often they don't necessarily match with those of the players. All we can do as Community Managers is gather your feedback and make sure it is noted. That we do, it was all forwarded and every day during such betas I write a huge report with a summary of all of this and I even add my personal evaluation. My personal evaluation was to recommend to the PM not to bring 18.4 live in its current state, just as we already said in the latest news post about it. We did relay that to Webzen. From thereon in we also can do only one thing: wait and see what the reply is going to be.

thank you so much..
      I m happy to see that someone is on our side..
      After all this years you are the first Coma that express your bad feelings about an update..

Hope they can understand what we are saying.. we spend time and a lot of money making the legendary alchemy.. and now the value will drop to less than half..

And we still don t understand.. they say they can t make a fusion between 2 small servers in Portugal, but wr got a big beta server bringing everything that we have on the character of the live server, from all the countrys... wow..

Cheers.

Allik
    • @badidol So if any person of Webzen and GF can play the game because of the time, why dont they listen to the players?

For example, I make a suggestion about the new emotions almost 6-7 years ago. And I suggested pets like the pet system almost 5 years ago. The changing of channel without log is suggested about 10 years ago. New skins suggested almost 5 years ago and new hairstyle are suggested since the day 1 of this game, and still nothing.

Don't you believe that hundreds of thousands players THAT KNOW the game could have a really good suggestions? If GF only read their ussers Webzen and GF almost didnt have to think in new material or content for the game, because all the new ideas will came from the players.
      #NoMoneyForGF

STOP 18.4
    • badidol wrote:

I understand you, Rodox. As a Community Manager, however, my power ends with summing up all this feedback and making sure it reaches my Product Manager who then in turn makes his own decisions and with those then goes into discussions with the developers. I don't have the juice to make any of those decisions. I personally would have not gone for any new alchemy, it's certainly not part of any of the reports Community Management made over the years when gathering players' feedback. But that's just how it goes...often developers have their own ideas about how the game should develop and evolve and quite often they don't necessarily match with those of the players. All we can do as Community Managers is gather your feedback and make sure it is noted. That we do, it was all forwarded and every day during such betas I write a huge report with a summary of all of this and I even add my personal evaluation. My personal evaluation was to recommend to the PM not to bring 18.4 live in its current state, just as we already said in the latest news post about it. We did relay that to Webzen. From thereon in we also can do only one thing: wait and see what the reply is going to be.

Thank you , I appreciate your work.
      ♥ فكر فيما سوف تكون عليه في الغد .. فالأمس مضى ، واليوم يوشك على الانتهاء ♥.

♥Think about what you will be tomorrow. Yesterday is over, and today is about to end

YouTube Channel

♥SkyRiM♥