Skill Changes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear players,

please read >> here <<.

Thank you for being a part of this!

• I really don't get why game designers are so obsessed with nerfing Spark. It was just fine the way it was, I even loved the chance to use it while wearing daggers/swords, making it somehow useful in PvE - pity that it did not make any damage at all. THAT was something to fix!

Now you're telling me it's intended as a ranged skill: it's ridicolous thinking that you cannot throw a grenade UNLESS you've got arrows with you. How do you fling a bomb, by using a bow? Come on...!

Don't forget there's already way too much FREE Arrow Resistance available in the game (i.e. Leather Boots, Golden Necklace). There aren't many archery lovers, with this downgrade I bet there will be even less.

And since we're already here, I'd like to point out the COMPLETE uselessness of Feather Walk - regarding both its effects and durability.

Moreover, damage while transforming with a polymorph marble does not take into account the attack value given by Dragon Soul Ruby. Even the %dmg given by pets doesn't seem to work properly. It's unfair, since other classes may get full profit from power-ups - while ninjas who rely on transformation don't get full benefits.
    • BlueShade wrote:

I really don't get why game designers are so obsessed with nerfing Spark. It was just fine the way it was, I even loved the chance to use it while wearing daggers/swords, making it somehow useful in PvE - pity that it did not make any damage at all. THAT was something to fix!

I completely agree with this, allways considered that the Spark should work like Flame Strike even without weapon at all, or daggers, swords making it a good pvm skill aswell, and like they said in the enterview if they want to see the "smart use in pvp" from the good players, then why are making such restrictions on that, make it even knocking to the ground the oponents players/moobs to give them time to escape from their range or "auto"
      Metin2 Portugal | Chunjo
      Body Warrior | Lv120 / 2
      Youtube Channel
    • jimaras777 wrote:

BlueRay wrote:

Fixed - The experience reward for the group dungeon will only be given out in case of a successful run when you go and get your reward - What do they mean by this? Are they referring to a specific dungeon?
      Yes, mini-meley dungeon. The exp for completing it , is almost nothing though, so it doesn't have much significance.

Actually I've heard that some players are collecting experience points just by "trying" to face Meley's lair, without actually completing the dungeon itself. And it seems they get lots of exp. points - especially if the group was quite small, making impossible for it to win the dungeon.

Designers probably didn't want this to happen, so I guess they chose to block this easier way of gaining exp.points UNLESS the dungeon is actively completed. Am I wrong?
    • BlueShade wrote:

I really don't get why game designers are so obsessed with nerfing Spark. It was just fine the way it was, I even loved the chance to use it while wearing daggers/swords, making it somehow useful in PvE - pity that it did not make any damage at all. THAT was something to fix!
      The intent was never to nerf the skill. Actually I'm the one who is responsible for what happened, because I encountered an issue with the skills damage calculation. The obvious part is that the damage was only working for bows, but actually it was the arrows you have equipped that made the difference. A bow without arrows was making no damage as well - and that although no arrows were used when making the skill at all.

I wanted them to change the calculation in order to be based on the weapon damage only, but they resolved the issue their way. We can't change that. I feel very sorry for that, from my side, it was never intended to be this way.
    • Aworan wrote:

BlueShade wrote:

The intent was never to nerf the skill. Actually I'm the one who is responsible for what happened, because I encountered an issue with the skills damage calculation. The obvious part is that the damage was only working for bows, but actually it was the arrows you have equipped that made the difference. A bow without arrows was making no damage as well - and that although no arrows were used when making the skill at all.
      I wanted them to change the calculation in order to be based on the weapon damage only, but they resolved the issue their way. We can't change that. I feel very sorry for that, from my side, it was never intended to be this way.
      Isn't there any way to make this Fix unhappened?
    • BlueShade wrote:

Now you're telling me it's intended as a ranged skill: it's ridicolous thinking that you cannot throw a grenade UNLESS you've got arrows with you. How do you fling a bomb, by using a bow? Come on...!

Don't forget there's already way too much FREE Arrow Resistance available in the game (i.e. Leather Boots, Golden Necklace). There aren't many archery lovers, with this downgrade I bet there will be even less.
      Thank you very much for this post! I'm myself playing as an archer (Lv 55) in pvp and can absolutely not understand this "nerf". Against players with a lot of Arrow Resistance my skills don't deal a lot of Damage anymore, so spark is my only hope to even have a chance against them, since it couldn't have been defendend really well. On the other hand I never had the feeling of it being unfair or dealing too much Damage. Besides the other skills it's still the weakest one (in my case at least). So,with the upcoming update my Archer would become totally useless in PvP, I guess.
    • unforgiven wrote:

Currently, the spark skill cannot land critical strikes nor pierce defense. We might activate these if we notice the damage output from the Archer Ninja has been reduced by a lot.
      That's not the complaint. An issue is that archery ninjas also use daggers and swords for PvE as bows are not viable in this area. But except for feather walk, they have no skill at all which can be used with a weapon other than a bow. Why is that? Spark does not use any arrows, therefore it does not require a bow (logic implication). This requirement should be lifted and the calculation fixed, as stated above.
    • I can't understand People arguing about Spark not dealing enough Damage.

1st of all it got the Chance of hiting twice, if you position yourself in a correct Spot
      2nd even with high Defense it hits pretty hard. 10k/15k per Skill - imo you should either be able to defend against it through Arrow Resistance or MR

For the Record im playing on DE Servers. Spark is one of the strongest Skills here.
    • TianyLu wrote:

For the Record im playing on DE Servers. Spark is one of the strongest Skills here.
      The idea with arguing about Spark is that like it was told - that skill is sometimes the only hope to defeat opponent or do to him as much dmg as he does to us yet it's cooldown is fair (for now) comparing to it's dmg.

The funny part of nerfing Spark is that they adding Arrow Resistance to work against it but the horse skill which is pretty OP too gonna be still the same, where to the horse skill shoots arrows actually.

Of course you can add the MR for Spark, but this would nerf it way too strong. Why? Imagine that people on battlegrounds wear costumes and stuff with MR against shamans and personaly I don't see my archer having antimagic stone in bow.
      Nickname: Dosarphic
      Profession: Ninja Archer
      Lv: 115

Metin2 PL
      Server: Samos [s.51]
    • Strijelac wrote:

Certainly, but it would be more logical more if the assassins do it you could very well also do it
      Of course yes I agree I could, but the Posion Cloud for assassins (for what they use antimagic stones) and it's cooldown is way better than based 1min of Spark, which is close-combat skill and you risking the character life sometimes to use it.

In times when Spark was added for me it was like something from this game to "refund" us, archers all the weakness while we hunt, gain exp. It's specific, hard yet cool vocation with the only skill that help in exp is Feather Walk, which gives nothing. In past the Spark was helpful when possieble to cast carrying sword or daggers for poision bosses for example.

Metin2 PL
    • TianyLu wrote:

As mentioned before, you can get Spark to hit double. 10/15k = 20/25k at once.
      Defence against Ninjas is the bonus that helps and you can get it from alchemy, pet, shield.
      I can say maybe it is OP hitting twice (change it for hit once, and it's ok), but the one hit of 10k-15k is fair. Why? Ask archers how much does they hit from flame or poision arrow sometimes on fights.

People complaining about how bad is when you hit it double etc., but keep in mind archers can't crit on it :/

The few times hitting skill that should be nerfed is Lycan's breath since all his skills making high dmg.

Metin2 PL
    • There's a majority of non-archer players, it seems. Well, you should definitely try a character before complaining about it being too powerful, as this is obviously NOT the case.

As someone else stated, I've NEVER - and I mean, NEVER - seen any critical hit on Spark. Not to mention the double hit fantasy: the damage is unique. Which game have you been playing?

Also, I'm not really fond of switching it to Magic type, since Archers mainly rely on skills, unlike Daggers who instead rely on both skills, Stealth buff and fast piercing hits on stabs. This means that archers should still stick to the Cooldown stone.

Aworan wrote:

Well, that's sad, but at least there's a reason for this.

As I said before, there aren't really many archery lovers, here. I guess that's why Webzen never though of reorganizing archers, as they probably are the most bugged characters on this game.

(By the way, male characters wearing a Blackwind suit still have a fancy pink nail polish... :D )

Since PvP is kinda helpless, at least I hope they will pay more attention to the issue regarding transformation - which also seems quite bugged to me.

_

ANYWAY, since we're here to collect feedbacks, I think you should at least try to make them know that many players are not happy this way. They probably couldn't care less, but oh well, at least we tried.
    • TianyLu wrote:

Archers with Boost are hitting very High Numbers. Especially with good Alchemy.
      Like every other class. You told about twice dmg, okay, but when for example Warrior crit from dash it makes double dmg of the based he should deal. Archers CAN'T crit on Spark. I know maybe you are the one who getting a huge numbers from ninjas and you are fine with that changes, but actually archer was the class good as it is now. Like while exp archers got only hits, nothing else, they even can't use Spark while hunt (requires bow).
      The thing in game is so much free-to-take Arrow Resistance (for eg. Leather Boots, Golden Necklace, defence against ninjas, Tiger's Shield, costumes, more?). Yet the new bonus will come and archer, out of dagger gonna have no answer if it come to pvp.

Also I don't say they need some "buffs", my part was about let the class like it is for now.

Metin2 PL
    • Dosarphic wrote:

Like every other class. You told about twice dmg, okay, but when for example Warrior crit from dash it makes double dmg of the based he should deal. Archers CAN'T crit on Spark. I know maybe you are the one who getting a huge numbers from ninjas and you are fine with that changes, but actually archer was the class good as it is now. Like while exp archers got only hits, nothing else, they even can't use Spark while hunt (requires bow).

Its normal that critical Hits deal double DMG. What i mean by "double DMG" is, that you dont deal 20k instead of 10k, but that you get 10k DMG 2 times.. so it's basically the same as a critical hit - with the difference, that you need to know the mechanic.
      Spark shoulnd't have a possible critical Hit. Otherwise you can get 1 Shot by it quite easy.