Skill Changes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear players,

please read >> here <<.

Thank you for being a part of this!

• Hello YoTeDoPo,

YoTeDoPo wrote:

I know the BETA is not open, but I think you should check the skills Reflect and Attack Up, they are useless.

This update is just the first part of the whole balancing iteration, obviously we will not be able to tackle everything in one go. For now, these skills have not been touched but that doesn't mean that they won't be modified in the future.

Brahma wrote:

ce date sa pun ca sa pot intra aici: beta.metin2.gameforge.com/Am pus datele mele de logare de pe forum aici, ce trebuie

Polybotes2 wrote:

J'ai hâte de tous vous kill demain

Let us keep the English area in English. If we have too many languages it will be too confusing. Thank you for your cooperation!
    • It might be a good idea to suggest possible solutions as well when leveling criticism against something. It is not that we don't want to think about solutions ourselfs, but to hear ideas from different people may be a good idea anyway. This board exists so you can make suggestions yourself, so please use the chance!

As an example, it could be an idea to make Attack Up buff the whole party at once (in a certain range obviously). This wouldn't make the skill overpowered, but certainly more interesting for party gameplay. Another suggestion could be to add a magical attack value as second bonus to the skill.
    • Aworan wrote:

As an example, it could be an idea to make Attack Up buff the whole party at once (in a certain range obviously). This wouldn't make the skill overpowered, but certainly more interesting for party gameplay. Another suggestion could be to add a magical attack value as second bonus to the skill.

If we are talking about improving the "Attack Up" Skill, we should also think about giving it a slight Buff to make it more appealing in PvP Situations.

Until today Attack Up was only used for Critical Records imo.
    • I think Attack Up could be more useful if it gave Magic Attack and Physical Attack, being useful for both types of characters: physical and magical. And Reflect can be useful I know, but it doesn't have any effect with skills and bosses, being useless most of the times.
      Most of the characters have 6 useful skills (Warriors, Suras and the broken Lykans), Stealth can be useful but it can be checked, but Feather Walk (you can get 200 speed movement without it), Reflect and Attack Up are the worst skills in the game.
    • TianyLu wrote:

About "Attack Up" skill the thing is like you said the records, but also it came in-hand with these new weapons for young warriors (these for 15days every 10 Lvls) - since the bonus there is the % of your total attack value.
      Nowadays we don't have such bonus in normal weapons.
      I don't say that the 50% from 70 Lv weapon is ok (it's kinda OP!) but even with like 25-30% every Attack Up boost (like from the buff) counts. True that for now this skill isn't so famous to use in wars or fights, just like Reflect.

Feather Walk is just "swag" to use :D, because like was told you can gain 200 speed just drinking potion etc., it should have some special, not overpowered function - maybe unable to slow which % would rise with the skill Lv or some other ideas.

If we are on Ninja Archer in my opinion the thing with Repetitive Shot is not bad, just like on the Perfect Master lvl it says it shoots 9 times and in the reality it makes dmg once wasting our time and sometimes life, when fast hitting enemy like Body Warrior or Ninja Dagger jump on us. Of course you can "broke" the animation of using horse, but on wars the horses are not welcome in non-written rules between fighting sides. In my opinion it should have less dmg, but really hit 9 times with even chance to crit if we would have buff froum shaman.

Lycans... I think thir idea was to slain bosses mostly and fight as strong class, it's cool, easy to counter with Debuff skill from Sura Weapon, but the Breath splash dmg is kinda crazy xD Stacking up to amount of people that you hit.
      Nickname: Dosarphic
      Profession: Ninja Archer
      Lv: 115

Metin2 PL
      Server: Samos [s.51]

The post was edited 3 times, last by Dosarphic ().

• TianyLu wrote:

I don't think any Healing Shaman that has all six skills maxed out will not use Attack Up for farming e.g. You may be right that it is the least attractive skill of this specific class, but doesn't every class have "that one skill that is simply the worst" (and therefore the last to be mastered)?

YoTeDoPo wrote:

Most of the characters have 6 useful skills (Warriors, Suras and the broken Lykans), Stealth can be useful but it can be checked, but Feather Walk (you can get 200 speed movement without it), Reflect and Attack Up are the worst skills in the game.
      I don't see any suggestion(s) for improvement(s) here... and I'm sure you have some. So please share your ideas. :)
    • TianyLu wrote:

YoTeDoPo wrote:

And Reflect can be useful I know, but it doesn't have any effect with skills and bosses, being useless most of the times.
      I'd be careful with the Reflect Skill affecting Boss Killing. Otherwise you could exploit it as far as just taking High Hits over and over again to kill the Boss easily.
      I can be wrong, but the thing I'm trying to say is that I'm Shaman and is frustrating to me see that I have Reflect in my Dragon Shaman and Attack Up in my Healing Shaman, and Lykans which are the newest characters have a skill with 100% of blackout, skills with critical rate and 2 good buffs.
    • Aworan wrote:

I don't think any Healing Shaman that has all six skills maxed out will not use Attack Up for farming e.g. You may be right that it is the least attractive skill of this specific class, but doesn't every class have "that one skill that is simply the worst" (and therefore the last to be mastered)?
      I think you got me wrong there. Im not arguing that Attack Up has never been used before, it's useful in some Situations - yes. But in general it is, as you mentioned, one of the less attractive Skills.
      That's why i suggested giving it a slight Buff to make it more viable and increase the Amount of Shamans actually using it constantly.

YoTeDoPo wrote:

I can be wrong, but the thing I'm trying to say is that I'm Shaman and is frustrating to me see that I have Reflect in my Dragon Shaman and Attack Up in my Healing Shaman, and Lykans which are the newest characters have a skill with 100% of blackout, skills with critical rate and 2 good buffs.

I understand where you're coming from. But i think that this is a Problem with the Lycan Skills being to strong in general if compared to other classes.
    • Of course I have suggestions.

-Reflect: It could reflect a percentage of the physical skills damage (maybe 25-30% of the total damage if you have Perfect Reflect and 140 INT). For example, if Sword Spin deals 4000 damage and you have Reflect, you reflect 1000 of damage.

-Attack Up: increasy slightly the ammount of Attack (100-150 with 140 INT and P?) and add to the skill the same ammount of Magical Attack Value, making this skill useful for Shamans.

-Feather Walk: The description of the skill says: "Make your body lighter to increase moving speed". The first thing that I think is to add to this skill chance to block attacks and chance to avoid arrows (not an abussive %, but it could be very useful for Archery Ninjas to avoid attacks when they run with their massive movement speed and cast skills safely).
    • Well, we can start the enormous big Topic of PvP and PvE Classes, but I do agree to buff Attack Up with more Attack Value and maybe even Magic Attack Value, even though Attack Value would be actually, atleast for me, interesting in leveling up/farming/being useful in Group/doing something else than PvP.

And if Attack Up will be buffed, I would rather go and farm with my Partner with my Healershaman sometimes and just teleport my (main)buffer, and feel way more valuabe, even in Dungeons.

In my Experience, Healershamans are just invited to Dungeons to Faint the Boss for a long time and it would be a new nice experience to be actually ''wanted''.

And to pick up the Topic Feather Walk, I would suggest to add ''Reduce Casting Speed'', but that would be identical to Swiftness.
    • I have a proposal for the spell shot sparkle: its damage should be magic because it would put the archers and assassins on the same foot to equalize and this will also reduce more effectively the blows blow than presently. The worry is that reducing the sparkle damage with the df arrow will make it unnecessary due to the recharge time of sixty seconds
    • My thoughts regarding all this:

MR & AMR
      This was long overdue, I only expect they don't screw it up again, it's kinda stupid having 45% magic resist and still get two shots by shamans and suras as a level -61... Even at high levels you have to have a 15% MR suit to be able to compete with the AMR stones, its ridiculous.

Class resistances and Introduction of the new bonus Half human Resistance
      I'm not quite sure what they mean by this, I'll have to test it but it seems like they intend to change the % of defense against arrows/swords etc, and replace it with defense against semi-humans? This doesn't seem good at all.

Piercing Hit
      I don't get it, is this a buff or a nerf?

Spark
      Really heavy nerf, they should just make the defensive stat for this skill magic since its the same with poison cloud, making it's resistance arrow would just make it pointless since the cool down is so high...

Dispel
      Ok this is the change that interests me the most... I'm glad they finally heard our prayers but this is still not enough.
      Making it that so only high level players can remove effectively, will only fix the problem with the City 1 lvl 20 troll accounts.
      The following problems with this hability still remains:
      1. It literally LAGS the game. How and why is this not addressed?
      2. Dispel on max lvl has a very low cooldown and a very high chance of removing all buffs and even POTIONS.
      3. The previous point wouldn't be so bad IF it didn't let you removed, and unable to be buffed again for about 40 seconds therefore leaving you debuffed permanently because of its low cooldown.
      4. It does magic damage.

How can a skill so broken still be like this after years and years?

The solution? Don't just nerf it to the ground, think smart, something like this:
      Change it that so it can only remove a certain player within a certain spawn of time for example, if I remove xXsuraxdXx, I can only do so again after a certain cooldown. The skill steal deals damage, but it has a 0% change of dispelling within that cooldown period.

Also I read some of the posts and I agree, there are some near useless skills they should really buff Attack Up and give ninjas a "real" 6th skill.
      And by the way, I personally think the 6th skill on warriors was just lazily thought, they have enough attack abilities has it was, it was mostly pointless to add 1 more. What they should have done was give warriors some useful auto buffs, or remove the damage taken of "Berserk", but anyway that is another story and this is getting too big. That's what she said.

Fixed - The experience reward for the group dungeon will only be given out in case of a successful run when you go and get your reward - What do they mean by this? Are they referring to a specific dungeon?
    • TianyLu wrote:

A few thoughts on the Piercing Hit Stuff. If Piercing Hit will ignore Sword Defence etc. you're kinda screwed. Because getting 70% Piercing is no Problem.

So you'd be able to deal Damage up to 6-7k per Hit constantly.

I think it will only ignore the base def, otherwise they would write armor resistance and not def