About the update in general and what I have been able to test in these days.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear players,

please read >> here <<.

Thank you for being a part of this!

• About the update in general and what I have been able to test in these days.

Hello, I come to create this post to express my opinions on the changes they want to make in version 18.4 of the game. On the one hand I will put an emphasis on what would be for the negative community and on the other hand what will be positive separating in each topic and ask a question about what the administrators wanted to do in each thing (for what purpose they wanted to improve everything). I will clarify at the outset that this post will be very long since there are many topics touched:

1st Part:

Changes in the Dragon Alchemy System:

The good thing: The only positive thing here would be if we manage to increase the daily draconis from 3 to 5. I think that even then the amount should be higher per day if it were to incorporate the mythical (10 daily draconis).
      The bad: Here I will divide it into many points since it is extensive:

- Realize that dragon stone fragments are not tradable or storable. This is a big mistake and the only thing that will do is to kill the little trade that exists even in each server referred to alchemy. This also makes it difficult for any person of high level to obtain fragments of dragon stone, because when you reach a certain level (110-120), you only have four options with a lower drop than in gautama (Ochao Temple, Enchanted Forest, Razador , Nemere).
      It is also counterproductive with the next point of this update.

-The incorporation of a new class called Mythic and what new things it brings: The mythic brings basic elemental power and even better bonuses in each purity than the legendary ones in addition to a new alchemy set bonus.

This makes every player who has invested a lot of money / time, effort and luck to achieve their excellent legendary, you say, you have to try again to build this new set if you want to be better but the difference is that now you need 2 legendary classes to try a mythic with which you will have to do 1 step more than before and you will also fail as when you wanted to create legendary from ancient.

In addition, with the previous point that can not be traded or stored cor draconis this will make this take much longer even than the legendary excellent.

In short, the incorporation of this new kind of alchemy is a serious error because alchemy itself is a system that takes a long time to complete and fails to see, for something is considered a high end content in general, plus it will take double the resources or much more than what it cost to make excellent legendary and finally get them with good bonuses, which is the main point for me that should not be incorporated in the update since the entire community has expressed its repudiation of touching this system and it is better to leave it like this already (with the legendary system).

- The serious error of getting excellent without bonus even with these modifications is still happening: This is the point that players complained about a long time ago, about what should be some way that the player who came to these instances that has one more attempt to power get an excellent but without losing a lot of resources, here had been raised several things such as rotate purities having 2 excellent so that it comes out good (so if you miss you lose 1, if it works rotaria what you have) or had raised the idea of incorporate an item that allows to degrade the purity of an excellent one, thus making it brilliant to try again.

What do I think the administrators wanted to do (these points will always be my opinion and would be good if some administrator orients me or moderates in case I'm wrong):

-To my taste with this introduction to the mythical alchemy, they wanted to make the player began to get % of elemental powers and wanted to convince us that this alchemy in addition to that would have good bonuses with which looking at it theoretically is better than the legendary. It is also as if they wanted to prepare us for something in the future which for the moment is unknown if this would be so.

-One suggestion of mine if you really thought this: The introduction of this new kind of alchemy is not the way, and will be rejected by most players if it is incorporated.
      If you want to incorporate elementary forces and some types of extra liabilities to us, it is preferable that you do so with a new system other than alchemy and in this way, I assure you that most people I would be willing to try to learn this new system to be able to improve without losing as many players as now they would be doing with the incorporation of the mythic. In addition to having something else to do, the player will almost always be welcome and it is likely that the system will also invest money.

Changes in the elementary resistances: In this topic I have several doubts about how they have done to modify it but I will state what I have seen as I have been able to prove. I'll go with the first point of this:

Enchanted Forest: Having tried several things I would say that now we have returned to the system where there are 2 or 3 bonuses that come into play when it comes to regulating the damage of a monster. In the case of enchanted forest of a druid in tai, it seems that it is now necessary to have good physical defense, good resistance to magic and also have resistance to wind. It is as if the damage is divided into 3 parts that they do. The difficulty of that map currently using the current wind equipment that I have tested (50%) plus my HP absorption equipment and etc that I would say would be a map that now requires besides wind, resistance to magic and also blocking in the case of the warriors in tai.
      This can be a big difference compared to the normal server since in the normal server it seems that all the damage is composed of only Wind and partly physical defense.

The good: The map will now demand a lot more equipment than before, with which the autohunting and those things will be less likely to happen and if they existed, they will demand much more equipment than simply having something close to 100% wind. It will also generate that when people are confronted with a challenge that they can not overcome alone, they have to start going in groups to be able, for example, to simply do the missions of said map.
      It will not be possible to be leveled by only carrying wind resistance in the team, with which the player must resort to other bonuses such as HP, resistance to magic, blocking and many other things.
      Also will be a challenge as it was before being able to level on that map unless you go with too many good bonuses by combining all the above mentioned although some races even carrying so much gear do not know if they could face these changes.

-The bad: With this change, many races that are not as specialized as the corporal warrior or the sura mirror in the pvm, it will cost them too much to be able to face these changes. With which we are leaving aside many people who participate every day in these maps. The druids in tai will be the threat in each metin that we broke and now they will beat much more than before. The jotun will be more threatening due to the damage of its destroyers.
      Another bad point is that many people in all this time have specialized in being able to get equipment with wind resistance to be able to face these maps and levear, with which their equipment will be practically obsolete depending on the case in front of this update.

In other maps, the change in elemental resistance: The difference is felt enough but it is currently an intermediate point from what it was before now. I have not done a deep test of this, as I have been told in the meley now it feels more the difference by the resistance to fire, with which I think that right now we can not only depend on this bonus but we will have to mix many other things to to be able to endure well.

What I think the administrators wanted to do: Here I think it's simple what they wanted to do is that we players do not depend on leveling or killing bosses or making a map of only 1 bonus as the elemental resistance and that we also start using many others to be able to resist and face the different maps. It has been sought to make somehow the levear again have difficulty since with the last update of elemental resistance, the difficulty of having an amount of elemental resistance had become null except in some particular case.

What I think about this topic: I think the mistake was to have left the elemental resistance in this way for a long time, with which people have become accustomed to things being that way and it will be very difficult for them to go back to a previous point. Looking for an intermediate point will also be difficult but in the case of enchanted forest maybe they should increase 5% or 10% more effectiveness to the elemental resistances and I think it would be fine by how they are right now.

This is the 1st part and the most long part for now hehe. I will continue with the second part (sorry if I double post).
      JonyBelmont, Body Warrior lv112. Metin2.es Server: Nemesis.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Blesenth ().

• This continues to be the 2nd part:

-Pet system changes: Here 2 changes have been introduced, one is the possibility of re-rolling the bonus of hp, defense and sp of each pet, as well as the possibility of changing their days of life (the ones they have while they live ) and modify its size.

The good: These changes will allow many people who have not been able to get a new pet and have it ugly despite having 3 holes and gives good skills, have the possibility to finally make a good pet, obviously investing in your pet to be able to to achieve this. This is a great positive point for people who are in this situation. Also these new items introduced allow us to modify the% of certain skills and etc when applying these re-roll, for example to a friend who had an ardor with 9% berserker, doing some re-roll I get to get 12% berserker.

The bad: For those of us who have made the marathon or the effort of being able to get that perfect mascot said (I include myself) after having opened more than 100 eggs of each type, this type of update may fall ill to the players which in this case we would surely represent 80% of all current players who play metin. See that now with just one item can get something that cost us both yang or time, can demoralize any old player for more than with this item want to attract the new player to have his perfect pet and for more than said player have to invest a lot to get to get the pet with good bonuses.

Another bad thing that I've seen to my liking is that many times applying Re-roll pets give HP% exorbitant that maybe one would not normally arrive (I've seen to see up to 32% out there in the forum) even though pets have many accumulated days, this is something that for my taste should be controlled since some maximum cap should have the re-roll as they have the changes at the time of taking bonus.

What do I think the administrators wanted to do: Give them a chance through dr or an item (still do not know where it will come from) to any player that if he invests enough, he could have the chance to get a pet with good HP%.

The 2nd change has been the introduction of new skills books which I will expose little by little what I have tried:

- Pet manual exp: Currently a little useful book, apparently only serves to make the ball of normal Exp (red) rise faster, the% given is relatively low which is a skill that is sure to be obsolete (now that skills are used from 81).

- Manual of monstershunting: This is a really good book which will have a lot of use and I have been told by several players that have% that will be similar to what a berserker could give. This also makes the players get more punch than what we currently have but only in the PVM, which is fine for my taste the incorporation of this ability.

-Manual to retrieve hp: It is not a bad pet skill if one only allocates a pet to be able to raise. It could have a use as a 3rd skill but it is a skill that is also probably so situational that it would be out of use or in 3rd place.

-Manual of potion recovery increase: I have not tested it in depth but I have seen that it gives between 10% or more of regeneration for each potion, but also compared with the skills that already exist is likely to also be in disuse.

-Featherwalk active manual: Little I have been able to try this skill, I think it should not be activated as soon as the cooldown is reset since otherwise it does not let us even look at the description of the skill. I've seen that the ability only hurts the monsters, but not the Metins, which I suppose could be a bug if that's the case.

What I think the administrators wanted to do: Incorporate new skills to add diversity of use in the case of pets and new usefulness in some pets.
      A suggestion on this topic: Currently the pet system is limited to 3 skills, so the above is practically impossible and it is obvious that players will choose the most effective skills depending on what they do, rather than skills that really have little influence on the things they do, such as the new ones, a really unhelpful skill that will remain as the ability to reach, is the experience.
      I think that in the future should devote to give a new step to the pet system and introduce a new evolution from 105, which allows us to use more skills than we can currently or some other kind of thing that comes to mind. Because with the current system there will always be a great list of skills that exist and it is a pity that they are never used or are not useful compared to other skills but the day they want to do this they will also have to consider giving us new resources to be able to complete the famous blue ball of experience of items since otherwise it will be a nightmare to raise it to more than 105.

New emotions: Now there will be new trunks in which we will learn certain emotions of temporary use which we can use with the masks of emotions.

The good: Add variety to the mask of emotions and that is welcome to give a little more life to the game in something that has not been played for years. Besides that there is a great variety of new emotions apparently.

The bad: That the emotions learned are temporary.
      What the administrator wanted to do: That people give some other type of use to the one that currently exists using new emotions with the mask.
      Suggestion on this topic: For me it is well and really good if you could learn permanently since the mask is something temporary that players use.

Changes in the sash system: Changes in this system seem to me only aesthetic. Now a person will be able to transfer a good weapon to another sash of the same % and in this way he will also be able to choose which type of sash will pass the bonus.
      Positive: It's like a transfigure only that the bonuses are transferred to a stole of the same%.
      Negative: No negative point has.
      What the administrator wanted to do: Give us the chance that if we have several sash of the same %, we can use aesthetically the one we like the most.

Graphics Changes: I have not been able to prove this point so I can not comment but if in some way it allows players who do not have a good computer to play with less lag, this topic would be welcome.

These are all my opinions about the changes they are making. I hope you understand my point of view and be taken into account since not only I have done from my opinion but also taking into account the many players to try these things. Greetings and forgive for the long post.
    • FeedBack update 18.4

Its unbelievable how you guys think only and exclusively about your profit and don't see things from the player's perspective!
      People have spent so much time and so much money to have what they have now!
      In 2018 changing something so sofisticated like the alchemy is and idea that only people with no brain will have!
      We are tired of these steps back and of this game experience changing updates... its not hard to comprehend folks!
      #NoToUpdate18.4!!!
      Metin2.it
    • Hey,

thank you very much about your detailed feedback :)

loltyler1.com wrote:

what graphics changes are you talking about? they changed nothing, if u have a bad pc all you have to do is hide shops

You are able to change a bit more. Try it yourself :)
      When you don't see the text in the buttons. You have to change the client to german temporarly
      if you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask me.

Solltet ihr Probleme im Spiel haben oder Hilfe benötigen könnt ihr euch jederzeit an mich wenden!
    • I have made some comparisons which I forget to add in my post between the legendary alchemy and the mythical alchemy in the same clarity (in my case flawless vs flawless). These are the results in summary, I will not put exact numbers but if the idea:

- The mythic alchemy has more damage than the legendary alchemy against neutral things without elements, this includes metins and other types of statues such as those of meley or some monsters at the beginning of the game.
      - Now in the case of facing monsters which have some elementary attribute (wind, lightning, etc), strangely both alchemies have a similar damage, if for example a monster hit him 10,000 damage with the legendary flawless, with the mythical flawless I'm hitting the same 10,000 damage, although I have more strength of attack value, average and elemental powers.
      - This is something very striking for me since the players having access to have multiple elemental power, as a result even having greater attack value and attributes with the alchemy that they want to incorporate, we would be doing less damage than with the legendary alchemy adding a talisman. It is more proving that I have seen that it is more effective to have a talisman than just elementary power plus legendary alchemy, to have the multi elemental power offered by this new type of mythical alchemy plus the talisman.

In short, with the multi-elemental power one can even hit less damage than before to monsters and bosses that have some elementary attribute.

This for me is another reason why this mythical alchemy should not be incorporated because if the players are really doing with numbers that would increase their damage, when really testing things, it is seen in the tests that will be less damaging that before, it would be a great disappointment for that player who has struggled to reach these instances of alchemy.
      I hope that all the post I have done before is taken into account since the update as well as this one, in general is negative for the whole community except in some points that I have mentioned.
      Edit: @Salsie or @badidol I would like if you could make the previous feedback I made of the comparison of 2 alchemies, one legendary vs the mythic of the same clarity, be reported because if in spite of the fact that one gains more base damage against neutral things, it ends up hitting equal or less damage against monsters or bosses. And according to my tests, it is because of the multi elemental force that this new alchemy would give us.
      This will be very bad also for the players besides the impact that this new kind of alchemy already generates that to my taste should not be incorporated since it is rejected by 90% of the metin2 community and really doing it will take a time or an investment that It is totally crazy.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Blesenth ().

• Blesenth wrote:

Edit: @Salsie or @badidol I would like if you could make the previous feedback I made of the comparison of 2 alchemies, one legendary vs the mythic of the same clarity, be reported because if in spite of the fact that one gains more base damage against neutral things, it ends up hitting equal or less damage against monsters or bosses. And according to my tests, it is because of the multi elemental force that this new alchemy would give us.

This will be very bad also for the players besides the impact that this new kind of alchemy already generates that to my taste should not be incorporated since it is rejected by 90% of the metin2 community and really doing it will take a time or an investment that It is totally crazy.

I forwarded all feedback I got from all of you guys so your feedback has been forwarded aswell :)

Solltet ihr Probleme im Spiel haben oder Hilfe benötigen könnt ihr euch jederzeit an mich wenden!
    • Salsie wrote:

Blesenth wrote:

I forwarded all feedback I got from all of you guys so your feedback has been forwarded aswell :)
      @Salsie ,can u transmit this feedbeek im abaut to write to webzen or gameforge ?
      Dear Webzen and Gamegorge,stop adding aberrante changes,even if is only on beta servar.The fact that u think abaut this changes just make the players wonder whether or not to play this game.
      Why are u making updates and after few mounts u wake up and realize that is not good and neet to be changed,boosted or nerfed.
      U are making the game very impredictible ,and u did it several times before.But now we are not talking abaut items,now we are talking abaut dragon stone alchimy,the most expensive sistem on the game.
      People work hard to make a full slots of excelent alchimy and u want now to ruin all they work.
      Why are u not adding a lvl restriction in devil catacomb,like lv75-87 so players whit lvl 120 account wont be able to monopolize the place.So every lvl75-87 player will be able to farm yang there.Instead of only 5-6 players who monopolize the place and let 5-6 lvl 75 account to farm 20/24 .

Stop doing aberrante changes ! Much Of players already end the game and game over because u only thinking abaut such a changes.What if u implement it? If u want to kill the game we players wont let u do that !
    • FacSiDreg wrote:

Salsie wrote:

Blesenth wrote:

@Salsie ,can u transmit this feedbeek im abaut to write to webzen or gameforge ?Dear Webzen and Gamegorge,stop adding aberrante changes,even if is only on beta servar.The fact that u think abaut this changes just make the players wonder whether or not to play this game.
      Why are u making updates and after few mounts u wake up and realize that is not good and neet to be changed,boosted or nerfed.
      U are making the game very impredictible ,and u did it several times before.But now we are not talking abaut items,now we are talking abaut dragon stone alchimy,the most expensive sistem on the game.
      People work hard to make a full slots of excelent alchimy and u want now to ruin all they work.
      Why are u not adding a lvl restriction in devil catacomb,like lv75-87 so players whit lvl 120 account wont be able to monopolize the place.So every lvl75-87 player will be able to farm yang there.Instead of only 5-6 players who monopolize the place and let 5-6 lvl 75 account to farm 20/24 .

Stop doing aberrante changes ! Much Of players already end the game and game over because u only thinking abaut such a changes.What if u implement it? If u want to kill the game we players wont let u do that !

Ofc every feedback you gave will be forwarded :)