SKIN WEAPONS WITH DEFENCE

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear players,

please read >> here <<.

Thank you for being a part of this!

• In my opinion they should remove all temporary Skins and the anti magic stones.

The Balancing was fine before they gave us switchable skins.
      After the switchable Skins a lot of people had 30% Magic Resistance more and could reach over 100% with green dew.
      The only reason why they implement Anti Magic stones is because the Skins are broken and Unbalanced.

They should have removed the switchable skins years ago and just go back to the skins without bonuses.w
    • In the old days, they were also bought just for style.

And yes they did not generate as much money as now but they are not good for the balancing.

You are a Archer player right :) ?
      Let me show you how broken the Skins are, if you wear:
      Leather Boots+9 --> 20% Arrow Resistance
      + Any Necklace with 15% Arrow Resistance
      + Any Earring with 15% Arrow Resistance
      + Lv115 Armor+9 (5% Skill Resistance) with 15% Arrow Resistance
      + Armor Skin with 15% Arrow Resistance
      + OLD Weapon Skin with 15% Arrow Resistance
      + 25% Sash with 3% Arrow Resistance and 1% Skill Resistance (115+0 with 15% Arrow Resistance in the Sash)
      + Tiger Shield+9 (20% Resist Vs Ninja)
      + Garnet Bracelet+9 (10% Resist Vs Ninja)
      + Shadow Belt+9 with full slots (8% Resist Vs Ninja)
      + Alchemy (18% Skill Resistance + 18% Resist Vs Ninja)
      + Dragon Bone Bracelet 15% Skill Resistance
      + Ring of Will Power (30% Resist Vs Ninja)

= 98% Arrow Resistance + 86% Resist Vs Ninja + 39% Skill Resistance
      With those defence you won't get hurt any more from an Archer and let me know your results :)

Nearly the same is possible with all other classes, but they will have a little bit different %:
      93% Sword/Degger/Claw/... Resistance + 86% Resist Vs Warrior/Ninja/Lyka/Sura/... + 51% Skill Resistance
      Because of the boots.

But anyway, if you have those single defences then those classes won't hurt you any more.
      Just try it out and tell me your experience.

The Problem is, that the Game contains to much possible Push towards DMG and they more DMG is in the Game they more resistance/defence is needed. So I think, we should lower/decrease the DMG at all and also remove the temporary skins/"push".
      I wish, we could have a balancing with the normal defences + alchemy.

Maybe, if the skins are not longer available, we could increase the normal Resistance on the Items.
      Like from 15% up to 17-18% so that the new maximum (without skins) will be 68-72%.

But I know, that the skins in general are not good.

The post was edited 8 times, last by Yemon ().

• You're exact with your calculation of defence agains arrows/ninja but Archers are chars made for general combat not duels or 1-vs-many fights when the opponent can boost it's anti-archer defences to max. Of course we can also duel in certain situations and if having perfect gear but I defy anyone to have those items you've described above in a general fight...yes, an archer won't probably make any damage to him but he will fall from any skill given by any other classes. My job in combat is to inflict as much damage and cause as much trouble to the opponent as possible...if that means that some will put on them defence against archers and such choice will expose them to the other clases it's fine for me. Archer is a team player, most of the times he does not go into solo combat.

But as I see here, the point of the thread was not to take out the costumes with bonuses but to take out those weapon skins that were generated in the past with defences (when it was possible) and now bring unfair chances to other players that do not own them...and that's a different story

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rapier ().

• Rapier wrote:

You're exact with your calculation of defence agains arrows/ninja but Archers are chars made for general combat not duels or 1-vs-many fights
      But Warriors duel often and with 90-93% sword defence +... , will it be the same result.

Yes it is very uncommon that someone has those items but it is possible.
      It is the same like with the magic resistance, before there were switchable skins no one had over 100% MR but now it is common.

The Skins are nice to even out your low defence like for example, when your equipment has:
      45% sword, 60% two hand, 30% arrow, 45% dagger, 30% claw.

Then you can try to get a armor-skin with 15%claw + 15% error + 15% sword and a sword-skin with: 15% claw + 15% dagger + 15% arrow so you will have:
      60% sword, 60% two hand, 60%arrow, 60% dagger, 60% claw resistance.

For open PvP those skins are very nice and come in handy.
      But they are pure evil for duels.

Maybe a cap would be nice, so that you can't get over 80% MR/Sword/...
      So if you have like 90-100% MR you just will have 80.
      Then we could also remove those Anti-MR stones.

Rapier wrote:

But as I see here, the point of the thread was not to take out the costumes with bonuses but to take out those weapon skins that were generated in the past with defences (when it was possible) and now bring unfair chances to other players that do not own them...and that's a different story
      So should I really open for every little difference a new Thread?
      Well maybe, but I think it is fine to discuss about skins in this threat because we are here to talk about balancing in general.

Don't take me wrong, I really like your effort to talk/discuss with us about those problems :)
      Keep up the good work, and let's hope we will find a really good solution for a balancing, because that is what I am here for.
    • Yemon wrote:

= 98% Arrow Resistance + 86% Resist Vs Ninja + 39% Skill Resistance
      With those defence you won't get hurt any more from an Archer and let me know your results :)

Nearly the same is possible with all other classes, but they will have a little bit different %:
      93% Sword/Degger/Claw/... Resistance + 86% Resist Vs Warrior/Ninja/Lyka/Sura/... + 51% Skill Resistance
      Because of the boots.

You forgot the energy cristal. If you add a 10% cristal you get 6% Sword/Degger/Claw/Twohand from your 60% equipment value.
      So it`s possibile to get 99%Sword/Degger/Claw/... Resistance and i`m sure you won`t need any Race-defence if you have 99% sword-defence to deff a warrior or a weapon sura on 0 damage.
      And for archer this would mean a 100% chance of 0 dmg. 98% arrow Resistance + 4% Equipment (The boots have a basic value of arrow resistance so they won`t be influcendes by energy cristal) .
      This makes a total of 102% Arrow Resistance.

I like your idea to say : Before they added the Skins it had been balanced and after there integration the balance tipped over. That`s the point. The skins broke the balancing system and we have way too much possibilities to push our damage. It`s just missing a good way to create a usefull percentage of defence-values without keeping it into a dependency of temporary bonifications like skins.
    • The Thing is, who wears a Costume/Weapon Skin in a Duel anyway? Afaik almost nobody does, so we dont have to worry about encountering an Enemy with that Amount of Defense against us. Same goes for OPvP, as @Rapier said before. If hes up to an Enemy with 90% AR, the Enemy is most likely going to be very Weak against one of the Other Attack Styles - thats how the Game is supposed to work.

You shouldn't be able to defend against everyone and everything with an extreme Amount of Defense. You could try and get a "Hybrid Build", yes sure. But it will never match the Defense that you COULD wear in 1o1 Situations.
    • TianyLu wrote:

The Thing is, who wears a Costume/Weapon Skin in a Duel anyway?
      Well you will never know if someone wears a skin or not.
      Because you can transmutate the skin with a normal weapon. So it will just look like a normal weapon/armor.

You know the community right? Some of them will do this and it is broken, it should not be possible to reach over 90% resistance.

With a cap like I said could it be ok.
    • TianyLu wrote:

@Yemon then you could still insist and tell him to show you his Weapon ;)
      And he might say it's soulbinded and he doesn't have a looking glass to show it....and this does not prove he's not using a weapon skin either. Though this option to put on a temporar skin a weapon to change aspect is highly unlikely. As you know the aspect taken is from the weapon. And if you don't put on it a +9 weapon it won't show the sparks
    • TianyLu wrote:

Sure there will be a Difference. If he shows you a Weapon without any "Transmutation" and suddenly wears one in Duel which got a "Transmutation", you might be able to spot it if you look closely ;)
      You don`t understand him. You can transmutate a Weapon over a skin. Like you Transmute a Sword Lvl 0 +9 over your rune sword and you transmute a sword Lvl 0+9 over your weapon skin. How to identify the difference?
      You also can transmute a rune sword+9 over your skin, but nobody would do this.
      The easiest way is with a crap sword or you just transmute a skin over your runesword, so you can say " it`s just transmutation".

The same thing works with costume skins.
    • Neojin wrote:

TianyLu wrote:

Sure there will be a Difference. If he shows you a Weapon without any "Transmutation" and suddenly wears one in Duel which got a "Transmutation", you might be able to spot it if you look closely ;)
      You don`t understand him. You can transmutate a Weapon over a skin. Like you Transmute a Sword Lvl 0 +9 over your rune sword and you transmute a sword Lvl 0+9 over your weapon skin. How to identify the difference? You also can transmute a rune sword+9 over your skin, but nobody would do this.
      The easiest way is with a crap sword or you just transmute a skin over your runesword, so you can say " it`s just transmutation".

The same thing works with costume skins.

I dont think that anybody would be that stupid.. to waste his Rune Sword+9. That's why it's not a valid Possibilty for me to consider while talking about the Weapon Skin Problematic