Bots, support ticket system and GameGuard

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear players,

please read >> here <<.

Thank you for being a part of this!

• Bots, support ticket system and GameGuard

Hello there,

since you said that you would still be reading board messages, I wanted to discuss with you aIl about what I believe to be a really important matter - evenif it's not directly connected to PvP balancing.

I'm trying to face a pretty difficult subject here, especially considering I'm not a native english speaker - but I'll try to be as clear as possible.

There are several hack-users on my community and they tend to be quite widespread during special events, such as the latter Okey Cards drop. I DO believe every Metin2 community has been experiencing this problem, and probably still does.

We all know that Game Masters are supposed to dispose of them, but it seems to me that they're having a really hard time into dealing with bots.

First of all, we're in August and many staff members are on holiday: yet, this could happen during Easter or Christmas events as well, so there would be some time of the year during which the game would ALWAYS be way more vulnerable to such phenomena.

Secondly, as a matter of fact, players cannot expect Game Masters to LIVE in front of a computer screen 24h/24 for the sake of banning hack users.

So, I believe a new GameGuard system should be introduced, since the current one does not provide any real help into fighting fraudolent behaviours, nor into making things easier for Game Masters.

I also think that the "right to privacy" policy given by GameForge should be slightly changed. When reporting hack-users in the support system, Game Masters won't tell you if they've actually detected any suspicious activity, since Gameforge tells them not to violate privacy. This is really frustrating: we may report every single bad player, but we'll never know either they've been banned or not, because of privacy.

Yeah, I know about the highscore list, but imagine this scenario: you reported a player a month earlier and then you still see him/her in the active players list. You'd seriously start to wonder if GMs are actually working on that matter, wouldn't you?

I believe that bot users don't deserve the same treatment as the players who observe the game rules do, as it's quite ridicolous to safeguard the bad guys, don't you think?

Have you ever discussed about these matters? Please let me know your opinions.
  • I will give a quick answer on some points and then close the thread. This is not a thread for this board.

- Anti-hacks > there is no perfect solution, this is a mouse vs cat kind of thing. We change A, they change B, etc.
    - Blocking bots > the teams already do their best - and I thank you for that!
    - Privacy Laws > it's not really our internal policy, these are laws. :)

I'll close now the topic. My messages are still open though.