PvP Optimisation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear players,

please read >> here <<.

Thank you for being a part of this!

• PvP Optimisation

So the next changes for the balancing just were released. Lets talk about how good they are.

Webzen/Gameforge really listened to the players - I'm talking about useless Skills/ Skill Optimisation.
      For me as an archer , I'm really happy about the changes . We'll get our spark nerfed but are now getting really nice side-effects on our skills!
      Talking about Feather Walk - it was a useless skill! The changes are REALLY WEIRD (really , bombs?? XD) but as long as they are well done lets give it a try.
      Also the shamans were changed a lot BUT

What about Warriors or Sura?
      Is there still something to come?

Well also about the changes of critical hits.. just , why would you do that? Seeing that forumla (90% crit - 15,8% effective) its a total disaster for PvE players.

Let me hear your opinions
    • In fact, I think most of the changes are good, except for two points in my opinion:
      1) The big problem with this critical system: I think that the changing is no sense, because players will have big problems in pve, dungeons and bosses, without criticals.
      Criticals are simply OP in pvp, because with crit you can actually oneshot other players, so developers should reduce criticals in skills against players, but not against all targets (mobs and metin rocks should be 100% criticable).

2) Cooldown of shaman dragon's (and heal) buffs: if new buffs can power up all players near the shaman, but the cooldown is about 1/2/3 minutes, that means that if someone dies, he'll stay without buffs for a long time.
      I don't really like it.
    • So far and from what we've read in there it's kinda okay, i'll give it 8 out of 10
      But let's just wait till we actually try it because most of the points just aren't clear enough.

One question: are we gonna reCopy our characters so we can try how a normal equ vs normal equ are ?
      or is it still the same with +1000 blessing and perfect alchemy ?

The post was edited 2 times, last by Calm ().

• I think that the big mistake is to change the critical hits in pve and pvm. Each person who has become an equipment full of critics will see it practically useless since the probability that it gets is so reduced that it will not be noticed.
      I think that critics should stay as they were, this did not need to change. The rest of things if it is OK that they have a change, but it will be necessary to see how such changes work.By the way someone has started to look at how the new basic attack damage says that according to the "+" will change, as this also worries because it is still unknown.
      JonyBelmont, Body Warrior lv112. Metin2.es Server: Nemesis.
    • While I'm really excited about Archers and Shamans changes - and I can't wait to test them (as it seemed to me they had been forgotten for a long time, in favour of Warriors/Suras/Daggers/Lycans), I'm somewhat unconvinced about the Critical Hits update.

Especially the one concerning PvE.

Chance of dealing critical hits is quite important in PvE and while this change may help making things harder for players who want to play in solo, it still makes an important bonus almost useless. Don't forget that high level bosses and mobs are quite difficult to kill.

They probably went for this idea because of this:

Dragon’s Aid
      • Additional bonus when used on self
      I guess that reducing the bonus percentage (while keeping relatively high for self-buffs) might be a good answer. But it's still early for criticisms, I guess.
    • Critical's topic is a real mess, they have to adjust something or it will be the end of the game.

About changing of skills, they're all quite good, but in my opinion i don't like the fact that dragon's aid, blessing, swiftness and attack will have a cooldown similar to the duration of the skill: that means that if someone dies he will stay without buffs for a long time.
    • chaman changes

I don't know why a dragon chaman should use a bell, and a heal should use a fan? Do you think it is a good idea for people who already have an entire gear with like 5 or 6 bells/fans? I think it will demotivate them.

If we could have more information about the boost in skills if you use the good weapon type, it would be nice ^^.

And for

Shooting Dragon
      • Increased cooldown
      • Added damage bonus if player is using a bell
      • Damage will be increased by Strength and Dexterity
      • Increase splash damage radius
      • Increase lasting fire chance
      • Added knockback

The intelligence will not increase the damage or what?
    • Ponze wrote:

I don't know why a dragon chaman should use a bell, and a heal should use a fan? Do you think it is a good idea for people who already have an entire gear with like 5 or 6 bells/fans? I think it will demotivate them.

If we could have more information about the boost in skills if you use the good weapon type, it would be nice ^^.

And for
      Shooting Dragon
      • Increased cooldown
      • Added damage bonus if player is using a bell
      • Damage will be increased by Strength and Dexterity
      • Increase splash damage radius
      • Increase lasting fire chance
      • Added knockback

The intelligence will not increase the damage or what?
      Is a big mistake these changes. Shamans need INT and DEX for buffs, flying talisman STR, dragon shooting STR and DEX, and Dragon Roar's INT and DEX. What are they doing?
    • I think that here is a big contradiction as to the improvement they want to make to the ninjas.

unforgiven wrote:

Ninja

Attack damage will increase more with Dexterity (++) than Strength (+)

unforgiven wrote:

Ninja – Archery Force

Repetitive Shot

Reduced cooldown

Increased MP cost to cast

Damage will also be increased by Intelligence

Added knockback

Arrow Shower

Reduced cooldown

Damage component from Dexterity has been buffed

Added splash damage

Added slow effect if attack is successful

Fire Arrow

Reduced cooldown

Increased splash damage radius

Added lasting fire effect

Feather Walk

Reduced cooldown

The buff duration has been decreased. You can increase it slightly with Intelligence

The Ninja will drop a bomb every second while running. The bomb will hit every enemy in a small radius

Poison Arrow

Reduced cooldown

Changed the chance for poisoning to be affected by Dexterity

Spark

The Ninja hides after using this skill (same as Stealth)

Changed the chance for poisoning to be affected by Dexterity

The contradiction is that they want the ninjas to increase their attack value with strength and dexterity, when the skills of the archers increase with intelligence.
      It seems to me that the correct thing would be that:
      - The skills of the archers come up with dexterity and strength or with one of them.
      This way an archer could continue to have a good physical damage and at the same time a good damage in skills. Since you have to remember that this character its main base of damage comes from the physical damage and all its weapons give only physical attack.And with the changes that are doing their physical damage will come from having dexterity and strength.
      I think it would be the best way for a character like the archer to take good advantage of the use of stats, in addition to the improvements he will have in his skills.
    • I guess the INT-component was intended as a sort of little "nerf" in order to somewhat limit Archers' new power. That way, an archer would have to choose between VIT and INT.

The problem is, they assigned DEX-component to the weakest skill, while ALL of the other ones are boosted by INT.

I'm not really a huge fan of this idea, I've to say.

Still, it'd be better if ALL classes actually had at least ONE skill influenced by a stat. they generally do not max up (i.e. intelligence for Warriors).

They did the same thing with Shamans, as some buffs are influenced by STR.

I cannot say it's an entirely wrong concept, but oh well.
      =

To be honest, I think that some secondary effects of archers could be removed. Spark does not really need any poison percentage, unless they made it executable without a bow.

If that's not the case, it'd have much more sense to subtitute poisoning with slow, and removing slow from Arrow Shower.
    • BlueShade wrote:

I guess the INT-component was intended as a sort of little "nerf" in order to somewhat limit Archers' new power. That way, an archer would have to choose between VIT and INT.

The problem is, they assigned DEX-component to the weakest skill, while ALL of the other ones are boosted by INT.

Still, it'd be better if ALL classes actually had at least ONE skill influenced by a stat. they generally do not max up (i.e. intelligence for Warriors).

They did the same thing with Shamans, as some buffs are influenced by STR.

I cannot say it's an entirely wrong concept, but oh well.
      =

To be honest, I think that some secondary effects of archers could be removed. Spark does not really need any poison percentage, unless they made it executable without a bow.

If that's not the case, it'd have much more sense to subtitute poisoning with slow, and removing slow from Arrow Shower.
      I think the skills are still strengthed by DEX and STR, and INT is only a "plus" if you want more damage and you don't need VIT, like STR in Shamans.
    • Lycan:This situation is normal.When they are weak it becomes illogical.Lycan does not stay as it is.If the game becomes weak, the game will lose a lot of players and it will be a big injustice to the players.

Body and magicial weapon:The weak physical warrior must be strengthened. And the magical weapon. The magical weapon is very weak as an attack, it needs to be corrected.

The spell resolving skill must reach the level limit max 7 lvl.

It is most plausible that the game strengthens weak characters rather than weakens normal characters.
    • BlueShade wrote:

I guess the INT-component was intended as a sort of little "nerf" in order to somewhat limit Archers' new power. That way, an archer would have to choose between VIT and INT.

I agree with you, blueshade. This is why I think there is a contradiction in this update in ninjas, but to limit it could cause some to rise with 1 single stats or several because if it is only int the ninja will have to sacrifice a lot of base damage just to be able to hit more skills . Equally it is necessary to wait the damages of abilities and to see that so influenced everything is although intelligence I do not see it very well unless a single skill is affected by intelligence and dexterity or strength, in this way if it could be done and to avoid that the damage is maximized .
      Although the intelligence in the warriors does not practically make any change in them as much in abilities as its strength, only it gives them but sp and slightly the magic defense.Since warriors mainly rely on strength and dexterity, and vitality in case of being mental warrior only by strong body. Intelligence does not modify the damage of any ability or add attack in warriors.
    • Moreover, because of this update, an archer would need to reset continuously INT-VIT according to what he intends to do (either INT for PvP/GvG or VIT for PvE).

You cannot max four stats, that's the problem.

I kinda like this... attempt of character personalization, but as we already said, something sounds wrong. Maybe they could think more throughtly about this.
    • BlueShade wrote:

Moreover, because of this update, an archer would need to reset continuously INT-VIT according to what he intends to do (either INT for PvP/GvG or VIT for PvE).

You cannot max four stats, that's the problem.

I kinda like this... attempt of character personalization, but as we already said, something sounds wrong. Maybe they could think more throughtly about this.
      Maybe a good idea would be adding more stat points above level 90, so at high levels all classes could have 90 points in all stats.