SURA BM bug with Fire Ghost on PL servers [TO FIX]

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear players,

please read >> here <<.

Thank you for being a part of this!

• SURA BM bug with Fire Ghost on PL servers [TO FIX]

Hello there,
      I don't know if this problem is well known because of my youtube research and movies (from other countries like DE/TR etc.) with Sura BM there seems not to be problem with it.
      What do I mean? On polish servers when the Sura BM turn on his skill called Fire Ghost it stop works when he sit on mount. It can be normal horse or the mount from seal in both cases the skill is going off. The movies on youtube are from this past 2 months and problem with that skill on our serves is since about more than year already.

I think it wasn't fixed at all in times when Gameforge tried make the Fire Ghost skill work while on mount and make damage. Nowadays like I said it is not working at all on mount and it is kinda upset when you turn on a skill that has some cooldown and you sit on your horse to follow or run from enemies to regen your HP, because there is no other skill that can get off while you sit on a horse or other kind of mount.

I know isn't such a BIG bug but that "little" things should be fixed just for threat all professions on the same level of care.

Regards.
      Nickname: Dosarphic
      Profession: Ninja Archer
      Lv: 115

Metin2 PL
      Server: Samos [s.51]
    • Greetings,

I actually think this choice hasn't really been a bug but was made on purpose. Flame Spirit is not exactly a "buff skill" but a "passive attack skill" - here's a proof for you: it cannot be turned off by Dispel.

Since the game dynamics do not allow casting skills while riding horse/mount, I guess it's fair for it not to work while riding.
    • A years ago irs worked like if one sura used his/her flame spirite and get on the horse the spirite still be on just doesnt make any damage.

Now its turn it off when they use horse or mounts and useless in pvm (metin hount) because of the slow loading time. Also useless in every situation when the sura needs fast movement because if they want use the spirite they must run on the floor.

I dont know the reason why this thing implemented into the game but i saw this a long time ago in one of the patch notes.
    • BlueShade wrote:

actually think this choice hasn't really been a bug but was made on purpose. Flame Spirit is not exactly a "buff skill" but a "passive attack skill" - here's a proof for you: it cannot be turned off by Dispel.

Since the game dynamics do not allow casting skills while riding horse/mount, I guess it's fair for it not to work while riding.
      Yes but we can very well use the effect of attack value of enchanted blade, aura of the sword, soul of the purple horse on horseback so for me flame spirit should work, it would increase slightly damage by Seconds of sura black magic, I do not really see any inconveniences.
    • Well it works at one way. When you use normal horse and sit on it with Ctrl + H so it won't get off. When you use it with Ctrl + G or other kind of mount it getting off.
      You can advice your BM's to use normal horses with Ctrl + H make them happy with the skill flying around them on horse.

Metin2 PL
    • Hello there,

I think we should differentiate between active self-Buffs such as Enchanted Blade, and passive DOT (Damage over Time) skills, such as Fire Spirit. I remember Fire Spirit still being active when riding the normal Horse but I’ve never looked into it while riding Mounts etc. to be honest.

Furthermore I think that changing it so that it deals Damage even while riding the Horse, wouldn’t be a good Change in General. If we’d do that People would just ride their Horses around the Players they’d like to kill and there would be almost no chance for targeted Players to fight back under fair Conditions. So I think its fine the Way it works regarding it not dealing Damage while riding.

However I can understand where you’re coming from when talking about Fire Spirit just getting shut down when you saddle. In my Opinion it should work as it did Years ago, for the normal Horse as well as for Mounts.
      if you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask me.

Alles was ich im Umfang einer Diskussion schreibe, stellt lediglich meine persönliche Meinung dar.
      Solltet ihr Probleme im Spiel haben oder Hilfe benötigen könnt ihr euch jederzeit an mich wenden!

The post was edited 2 times, last by meh ().

• meh wrote:

Furthermore I think that changing it so that it deals Damage even while riding the Horse, wouldn’t be a good Change in General. If we’d do that People would just ride their Horses around the Players they’d like to kill and there would be almost no chance for targeted Players to fight back under fair Conditions. So I think its fine the Way it works regarding it not dealing Damage while riding.
      If the sura is on horseback he can not make other spells so with a correct magic df and potions I see not how this will prevent the ground players from defending himself, it will not be stronger than a warrior With aura or sura with a blade that blocks a player against a wall and slaps him.
    • @Strijelac by "there would bealmost no chance for targeted Players to fight back under fair Conditions" i was talking about Players not being able to land their Skills frequently due to the riding of the BM Sura.
      While you can just use Horseback Slash while you're being blocked against a Wall by a Warrior/Weaponary Sura.

In my Eyes changing Fire Spirit in a way that it would deal Damage while riding, would establish a new "unfair" way of fighting your Opponent as a BM Sura.
      if you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask me.

Alles was ich im Umfang einer Diskussion schreibe, stellt lediglich meine persönliche Meinung dar.
      Solltet ihr Probleme im Spiel haben oder Hilfe benötigen könnt ihr euch jederzeit an mich wenden!
    • Olthir wrote:

It's not a bug, it's indeed as work in that way.
      Flame spirit will be turned off if you ride a mount and skill will start to cast again.
      So why it works when you sit on normal horse by using Ctrl + H shortcut (not making dmg obviously but still working so it's alright tho, you don't waste cooldown)?
      It's turning off on seal mounts because to sit on it you have to click the seal or use another shortcut Ctrl + G.

Metin2 PL
    • Olthir wrote:

It shouldn't work with all of the shortcuts.
      I'll investigate a bit, thanks for the hint
      It's nothing to investigate to be honest to "nerf" it. Since it don't deal dmg it's fine to not waste the cooldown. Fire Ghost in past was working all the way (no dmg) and noone complained since the skill isn't instant like the blade for sura WP.
      The cooldown is long enought that you can waste it by sitting on a mount lol making you out of fight for couple of seconds.

No, I don't have sura BM but taking it off from them would be just stupid.

Metin2 PL