Feedback on shaman

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear players,

please read >> here <<.

Thank you for being a part of this!

• Feedback on shaman

So I did some testing on the beta server today with my lvl 81 shaman (maybe I am a little late sorry for that) , I mainly tested the changes on bell/fan damage and the changes on status points because I wasn't able to test the buff skills since they appear to be bugged. I did a couple of tests and compared my damage output/values on the beta server with my damage output on the live server. The reason I did this was mainly because I came here to find a detailed description on what exactly will be changed on Dragon Shaman not some vague description of what will be changed ("damage with skills increased with bells" yes but how much? is it 5%? 10%? 20%? , "increased cooldown" 1s? 2s? 10s? and so on)
      First thing I looked after were the values of the skills (as displayed ingame) they were the following:
      BaseLiveBeta
      Roar2226 / 17% / 20sec2579 / 66% / 12sec
      Shoot2531 / 22% / 8sec2844 / 66% / 10sec
      Talis2590 / X / 7sec2483 / X / 9sec
      Aid30,4% / 148sec / 10sec14,2% / 148sec /149sec
      Blessing18,5% / 112sec / 10sec21,4% / 70sec / 71sec

The values of these skills are from a lvl 81 with 90 int 90 vit 74 dex without any items (skills are: P P P G3 12points ) the values from the table being the displayed values on the skills. These values don't really say that much since I have my status on Int-Vit-Dex on the live server and on the beta some skills (should) also scale on strength (but more on that later). But this can give u an idea of how it looks like, cooldown from roar down while talis and shoot cd got increased, burn chance highly increased and ofc the buffs that seem to have taken a heavy hit but impossible for me to really give my opinion on that because my buffs aren't that high and as stated before the buffs appear to bugged thus I was not able to really test them out.

Next Thing I tested was my damage (lvl 81 sham no alchemy was used, 35% halfhuman from items (hat-shield-brac-earring) vs a lvl 90 lycan (same person/character on both live and beta server) all bio done without any magic resis giving the following results:

BetaBamboo w/o stoneFan w StoneFan w/o stone
      Roar8k6,7k5k
      Shoot6,8k5,7k4,4k
      Talis6,5k5,6k4,3k
      LiveBamboo w/o stoneFan w stone
      Roar5,8k6,7k
      Shoot5k5,5k
      Talis4,6k5,4k

The Bamboo is a bamboo bell +9 (19% skill anti magic+4 no lycan stone)
      The first Fan is a Demon Fan+1 (13%hh (3base+10bonus) with anti magic +4 and lycan +4)
      The second Fan is also a demon fan +1 (13%hh (3base+10bonus) with anti magic +4 without lycan+4)

So as we can see the demon fan with a lycan stone outdamages the Bamboo bell in the live server but bcs of the additional bell damage bonus on the beta the Bamboo's damage is significantly higher than the Demon Fan's even without a lycan stone.

Next test I did was similar to the previous but this time i just tested the damage of my bamboo on a lvl 83 warrior (no items all bio done same character both live and beta server)

LiveBamboo W stone
      Roar8k
      shoot6,8k
      Talis6,4k
      BetaBamboo W stoneDemon fan W stoneDragon Jaw w stone
      Roar11,8k7,4k9,7k
      Shoot9,8k6,3k8,5k
      Talis9,3k6,6k8k

The Bamboo is the same Bamboo as in the previous test (19% skill damage with warrior+4 and anti magic+4) both the epic weapons are +1 with double halfhuman (3%base+10%bonus) and also have anti magic +4 and warrior+4 in them.
      Unfortunatly I don't have a pvp Dragon Jaw bell on the live server because its Magal Attack value is so much lower than a demon fan's making it not worth the effort in spending time/money on buying/making 1 of these.
      So The Dragon Jaw I used was one I made on the Beta real quick to do some testing.But other than that I was still using the exact same items on beta and live server.

In conclusion this seems like a nice buff towards shaman's raw damage output in compensation for the anti magic nerfs.

Next and last thing I tested were the status points. For the attack value I was wearing nothing but my bamboo +9

Statusint-vit-dex (76)int-vit-str(76)int-dex-str (76)int-str-dex (76)int-dex-vit (76)
      AV855-944727-802887-980856-945887-980
      Roar11,99,412,612,112,7
      Shoot10,2810,51010,6
      Talis9,77,510,19,710,2

So... where to start with this. In the post with the changes on the beta I saw that shaman's attack vallue will now increase with dexterity instead of strength which it also seems to do (the values in the table are the values from the beta server my values on the live server with 90int 90vit 74dex are 733-822). BUT it also says some skills (Dragon Roar and Flying Talis) would be scaling on strength instead of dexterity which it seems NOT to do. As you can see in the table roar's damage still scales on dexterity but not on strength (not that i have a problem with that xd). Without any points in Dex my roar damage was the lowest of all attempts. So I went back and reset my status points again for some more testing on dragon roar .

90int 1vit 1str 1dex90int 1vit 76dex 1str90int 1vit 76dex 90str
      displayed value4927-51745862-61596179-6476
      Damage9,4k12k12k

So the displayed value is the value of my skill when I hover it (roar in this case). The "Damage" is my actual damage output. Strength has atm 0 impact on the skill's actual damage but it does icrease the "displayed value" of the skill Since the guy from the post with the beta changes stated that roar (and also talisman) would be scaling of str instead of dex I guess this is either bugged and hope it will be fixed soon so I can have an idea on how to put my status points or they changed their mind (I hope so bcs I dont want to choose :P ). If they changed their mind they should still fix the "displayed damage" of the skills because atm this is misleading.

My opinion:

On the Bells:
      I love the increased damage when using a bell, unfortunatly it is a bell we have to use and there aren't many of them on the market on the server I play on (I can't speak for other servers but I can imagine it being pretty much the same) . For me personally it wouldn't really matter if they changed it or not, I use my bamboo pretty much all the time anyway, but since that would be selfish of me and we shamans have to take care of each other I dont think it would be fair towards dragon shamans especially the higher lvls that spent lots of time & money in making a good fan to force them in using a bell without giving them a decent solution (for example what I 've read in some other posts: give people a token or something which u can use to change their fan(s) to bell(s), token could be 14days valid after changes go live and can only be used only on lvl 65/90/105 fans or bells or something in that nature). I also like that you are making more than 2 bells viable since that wasn't really nice for all those poor bells.

P.s. I hope this post is a bit clear for everyone and gives my fellow shamans an idea of what exactly has changed atm
    • Hello,

Yep the damage seems nice at first luck, but if u check on wiki bamboo bell+9 have same magical attack as Dragon Jaw Bell+9 so at lvl 90-100 we will do pvp with a lvl 75 bamboo bell with 20 skill dmg? That's not an improve for us.
      Some dragon shaman, before antimagic stones, used bell's in pvp for hits only but hits wont be viable anymore since there is no more critic's in pvp or at least it's not double dmg any more, will be something like piercing hit's maybe lower.
    • True, the magical attack value from epic bells (the lvl 90 and the lvl 105) should definitly be higher, atm demon fan+9 has 245-265, dragon jaw+9 210-220, bamboo+9 207-217 making the difference between a high skill bamboo (75wep) and a +9 "epic" weapon almost unnoticable. The difference with 105 fan and bell is even bigger (309-341 on bell vs 360-440 on fan). The physical attack value of bells is higher ofc but I dont think any1 would complain if we could trade in some AV for MAV on bells.
    • Well the dmg seen on the description is weong either on the live server and on the beta server, we discussed this on anorher hthread but it seems that its something in the middle og "korea" and gf ... Hope someday they make good progress on that
      “Although there is no progress without change, not all change is progress.”
      :!: John Robert Wooden :!:
      Customer complaints are the schoolbooks from which we learn.
      Lou Guerstner
    • So today I made a summary about the changes on shaman's and what seems to work in game and what does not work in game

unforgiven wrote:

Shaman – Dragon Force
      • Flying Talisman
        • Increased cooldown (Cooldown from 7->9, seems to work fine ingame)
        • Added damage bonus if player is using a bell (looks like an increase of 30-40% while using bell)
        • Damage will also be increased by Intelligence and Strength (Damage still increases by only int and dex, putting str increased the displayed value but does nothing on the actual damage)
        • Increased splash damage radius (didn't test)
        • Added slow effect if attack is successful (if this should be a slow like spirit strike S its neither in the discription nor am i getting any slows ingame)
      • Shooting Dragon
        • Increased cooldown (cooldown from 8->10 works fine ingame)
        • Added damage bonus if player is using a bell (same as above looks like 30-40% increase)
        • Damage will be increased by Intelligence and Dexterity (same as live)
        • Increase splash damage radius (didn't test)
        • Increase lasting fire chance (skill states 66% vs my 22% on live in the discription but from 10 attempts only 3 of them gave lasting fire so either the RNG gods were mocking me or this still works as live)
        • Added knockback (not sure what this is supposed to do but I am not noticing any differences )
      • Dragon Roar
        • Reduced cooldown (from 20->12sec seems to work fine ingame)
        • Added damage bonus if player is using a bell (as above looks like 30-40%)
        • Damage will be increased by Intelligence and Strength (same as talis, putting points in str increases the dmg in the skill description but has no impact on the actual damage output. For example: displayed in skill description with 90int90str76dex=>2889, actual damage output=>1908 and with 90int1str76dex=>2572, actual damage output=>1908)
        • The area of effect is now at the target instead of the caster (animation does this but half the time my damaged is bugged and i just do 0 damage)
        • Increased AoE damage (didn't test)
        • Increased AoE damage radius (didn't test)
        • Increased lasting fire chance (66% beta vs 17% on live,I tried to test this but 75% of my attempts were bugged and didn't deal any damage so got tired of it but it looks like its just as shooting since pretty much none of the succeeded attempts put my target on fire)
      • Blessing (can't cast)
        • Increased the cooldown to be similar to the duration of the skill
        • Increased MP cost to cast
        • Additional bonuses when used on self
        • Modified to give buff to every party member around the caster
        • Modified the formula to increase the damage reduction based on Intelligence and Dexterity
      • Reflect (can't cast)
        • Additional bonus when used on self
        • Modified the formula to improve based on Intelligence and Strength
      • Dragon’s Aid (can't cast)
        • Increased the cooldown to be similar to the duration of the skill
        • Additional bonus when used on self
        • Modified to give buff to every party member around the caster
        • Modified the formula to increase chance of landing a critical strike based on Intelligence and Dexterity

I edited in green the things that work and in red the things that do not work.

TcatalunyaT wrote:

Well the dmg seen on the description is weong either on the live server and on the beta server, we discussed this on anorher hthread but it seems that its something in the middle og "korea" and gf ... Hope someday they make good progress on that
      This bugg (or whatever they claim it to be) has been in game for as long as I can remember xd. As u can see in this post my MAV displayed in the skill description with a character with nothing equipped with P roar is 2572 while my actual damage output is only 1908 :p
      This even further increases right now on the beta by putting points in strength:The displayed value when I put 90 points in strength: 2889 (+300 vs no points in strength) actual damage output: 1908 (unchanged).
    • So after today's maintenance most things seem to work fine, the skills that should scale on strength now actually get their damage increased by putting points in strength(but dexterity also keeps increasing the dmg from roar and talis,I dont know if this is intended or not). Out of 20 attemps with both shooting and roar 15 of them gave the lasting fire chance (I got 66% chance on both skills so this seems about right). The knockback effect on shooting dragon is also present now (like the knockback from swirl)

The slow effect from talisman is still not in the skill's discription but I am getting a slow effect from my talis now (out of 10 attempts 3 of them had a slow so about 25-35% chance it will be i think and lasts for about 3-4sec).

The casting animation from roar still feels weird but at least I am getting my damage of properly now and it works like it should work when cast from a distance (the casting range from roar is actually bigger than that of talisman which is really nice) so I feel confident the animation bug will be fixed soon.

The buffs are also working properly now :)

There is just 1 thing I don't really like, shooting dragon now works like talisman when u cast it, what I mean with this is that when u select an enemy and cast shooting dragon you will automatically start running into casting range instead of immidiatly casting it no matter what the range is. The reason I dont like this is bcs before I could cast shooting on people that were running towards me (both in pvm and pvp)and by the time they reached the skill, the casting animation would have been over, giving me time to cast another skill or run away (sorry if this is unclear but it's hard to explain xd). Shooting dragon can still be dodged like before by running around, unlike talisman, so I don't really see why this change was necessary.
    • Some interesting things I have tested today:
      -Dragon's Aid only gives 2% additional critical hits.
      -Swiftness doesn't give an additional % to the caster
      -I can't see anywhere the additional % of Blessing
      -Flying Talisman and Lightning Claw now Slows
      -Dexterety and Intelligence is giving moreless the same ammount of Attack Value (Intelligence should give more)
      -I deal almost the same damage with physical hits with my bell than skills (in a serious pvp battle)
      -I cannot buff characters outside my party (except Reflect)
      -Attack Up and Reflect are more useless than ever
      -Dragon Ghost Bell has a stupid Magic Attack Value of 309-341 (Rune Sword has higher magic attack value (369-411) and almost the same magic attack value than attack value has this bell(391-419))
      -With lv 105 weapons (bell and fan) the difference between Healing and Dragon Shamans is increased

-Remove the difference of fan and bell.
      -Give more damage to Shamans (specially to Dragon Shamans, they need it)
      -Stop whatever you are doing to buffs. Is absurd and everybody is against it. The only thing I can save is the extra % to Shamans. 10 seconds cooldown, castable on any person and higher % of crits in Shamans
      -Increase magical attack value of Dragon Jaw Bell and Dragon Ghost Bell (and attack value to Lion Sword, I know is appart but this sword is the worst in the game)
      -Check the attack value given by Intelligence and Dexterety
    • reading this, it sems like i shouldtest all again, but seriously i find it hard to test again, because what me suggested and what me asked for is not there, the complaints aren used so hope this is not going to implement this way, i know that gf jst distributes, but "korea" makes the things for you so you are "theyr boss".

Now talking seriously, metin2 will loose nolts of players bc of this huge nerg on shamans maynly on dragons (the increase of av not enought neither correct, the mav isnt as hight as could be using fans, and as bells "must be used" . The super cooldown on aids + blessing and the nerf on those two skills + reflect just achieve one thing,not being able to use support skills on non group characters all those changes are making dragon shaman more useless than ever), so im sad to see this balance as geting the game more unbalanced than ever.
      Lou Guerstner
    • TcatalunyaT wrote:

reading this, it sems like i shouldtest all again, but seriously i find it hard to test again, because what me suggested and what me asked for is not there, the complaints aren used so hope this is not going to implement this way, i know that gf jst distributes, but "korea" makes the things for you so you are "theyr boss".

Now talking seriously, metin2 will loose nolts of players bc of this huge nerg on shamans maynly on dragons (the increase of av not enought neither correct, the mav isnt as hight as could be using fans, and as bells "must be used" . The super cooldown on aids + blessing and the nerf on those two skills + reflect just achieve one thing,not being able to use support skills on non group characters all those changes are making dragon shaman more useless than ever), so im sad to see this balance as geting the game more unbalanced than ever.
      Well seems they already chose that dragon shaman will use bell, question is they will offer us at least an free exchange or we will just throw our fans away, thought this balance its not about devaluation of items ? That's at least they can do after critical nerf. Only thing that will stop me from swapping to healing shaman is that dragon roar can now hit from distance and that's nice.
    • So currently on the beta this is my damage output compared to live:

Live (90int 74dex 90vit 3str)Beta (90int 76dex 90vit 1str)Beta (90int 76 dex 90str 1vit)Beta (90int 76str 90dex 1vit)Beta (90int 76str 90vit 1dex)
      Roar8,3k12,3k13k13,4k9,8k
      Shoot6,8k10,4k10,4k11,1k7,3k
      Talis6,5k9,2k10,5k10,7k8,2k
      AV*272378378390330

Items I used on live were exactly the same as the ones I used on the beta (35% hh, 19% skill bamboo bell+9 with class stone) no alchemy or khan was used for this. Dexterity still seems to be the go to status after int(/vit) is maxed because it increases the damage in all 3 skill most+buffs increase with points in dex+attack value increases with dex now.

*The AV(Attack Value) is my attack value (lvl 81 sham) without any items equipped.

And as u can see the increased damage when using a bell is still insane (shoot from 6.8 to 10.4 without changing anything on my acc except making use of the increased damage while using a bell), so the least they can and should do is give dragon shams an item or smthng that can be used to change our fans into bells. Without bells it will be impossible to keep up in damage with healers who can make use of the increased damage by just using the weapon they already had...
    • sjasjomasan wrote:

So currently on the beta this is my damage output compared to live:

Live (90int 74dex 90vit 3str)Beta (90int 76dex 90vit 1str)Beta (90int 76 dex 90str 1vit)Beta (90int 76str 90dex 1vit)Beta (90int 76str 90vit 1dex)
      Roar8,3k12,3k13k13,4k9,8k
      Shoot6,8k10,4k10,4k11,1k7,3k
      Talis6,5k9,2k10,5k10,7k8,2k
      AV*272378378390330

Items I used on live were exactly the same as the ones I used on the beta (35% hh, 19% skill bamboo bell+9 with class stone) no alchemy or khan was used for this. Dexterity still seems to be the go to status after int(/vit) is maxed because it increases the damage in all 3 skill most+buffs increase with points in dex+attack value increases with dex now.

*The AV(Attack Value) is my attack value (lvl 81 sham) without any items equipped.

And as u can see the increased damage when using a bell is still insane (shoot from 6.8 to 10.4 without changing anything on my acc except making use of the increased damage while using a bell), so the least they can and should do is give dragon shams an item or smthng that can be used to change our fans into bells. Without bells it will be impossible to keep up in damage with healers who can make use of the increased damage by just using the weapon they already had...
      Nah they won't do that, we ask this in vain, we will just use our fans for weapon skin or Shoulder SS, on a empty server like the one that i play looks like i will have to wait like 4-6 months till i can buy one and they will be overpriced and of course price for fans will drop very much since the market will be flooded with fans.
    • As there are lots of serversr empthy at least they must give us the option to change our fans into bells o bells into fans fot both shamans (dragons and healers), hope they think about it a bit more instead of saying NO No and more NO.

This remembers me the suggestions made on each comunity forum that has been rejected cb of inviability or bc would make the game more easyly for players, and then magicaly several months after they com up with things that make the game more easyly than what users have suggested.

Hope at least gf listens to all users instead of just what they wanna hear.
      Lou Guerstner