Lycan DMG on Metins (Original vs Beta) + PvM Feedback Lycan

Dear players,

please read >> here <<.

Thank you for being a part of this!

• unforgiven wrote:

Lycan
      • Increasing the duration of Crimson Wolf Soul at Perfect Master to 92 seconds

92 Seconds ok.
      Better then 55 but still ~ 1/2 of the old duration time.

I made a short video to show "how long" you need to change your eq + turn on cws.

It was made without any lags. I just moved a little bit because this is pretty normal when you change your eqipment (you want to get away from the monsters).

So as you can see you need about ~10 second to turn on cws.
      5 seconds long is cws off
      and
      5 seconds long is cws on.

So let me calculate that quickly.

With 92 seconds duration:
      • you can hit 92s - 5s long = 87s
      • and you need a totall of 10s to get everything done
      • --> 87 + 10 = 97s total
      • you do 1 DMG per hit and one hit per second ( 1 DMG/s ) --> you did 87s * 1 DMG/s = 87 DMG
      • --> 87 DMG : 97s (total) = 0,89 DMG/s

With 175 seconds duration (official duration):
      • you can hit 175s - 5s long = 170s
      • and you need a total of 10s to get everything done
      • --> 170 + 10 = 180s total
      • you do 1 DMG per hit and one hit per second ( 1 DMG/s ) --> you did 170s * 1 DMG/s = 170 DMG
      • --> 170 DMG / 180s (total) = 0,94 DMG/s

Different between 0,89 DMG/s and 0,94 DMG/s = 0,54 DMG/s --> ~5,76% less DMG over Time (per minute)

Yeah sure are 92s better than 55s but well it all comes together with the nerf of the attack value.
      I don't understand why you even needed to touch the duration?

So over all do the lycans now ~ 17-26% less DMG and 26% is in my opinion a huge number.

It is also still annoying to change the equipment and if you don't do it you will lose a lot of DMG.

In my opinion is the DMG reduction through the value enough and should not be influenced extra by the duration time.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Yemon ().

• Hello metin2 players... soo my opinion about new changes... i agree with things which Yemon said...it is better like before 55s but ... crimson wolf could have more duration like 92 because its rlllly annoying changing INT eqiup everytime....duration should be 120-130s atleast. and cooldown less than 40s.... i think u guys TESTERS never play with lycan normally just in beta...

AV on crimson is still small i tryed my dmg in beta and official and compared... official13K crit(lvl 105 metin) without anything just eqiupment
      beta 10k crit same eqiupment

i wish YOU guys tester should be more fair to US lycans players and dont take all our advantages (piercing, fast duration, little higher dmg)

i am sure new players will not start play lycan more if it stay on same AV on crimson wolf as it on BETA server... thanks i hope u will listen OUR feedback !!
    • 92 seconds.. is that to try to shut up lykans? 175 seconds why change that? and why taking av to crimson if its lykan only advantage in pvm?
      Why change things that really dont need a change? The only things that lykan needs nerf is piercing and fixing bugs of 2x damage id it exists and implement claw defense on bosses just like other weapons
    • reduce scarlet damage (though exaggerated) has logic

reduce punches with penetration has logic

reduce bleeding has logic

reduce the duration of a skill that consumes 30sp x second, ??? I would like to know what the logic of that is

enchanted leaf is the same only that absorbs damage by hp, lasts 175 seconds and is of consumption of sp per second, works based on int

Scarlet now has less attack value, which needs intelligence equipment, which equips it takes time, there is no logic

there is no logic to reduce the duration of scarlet,
    • Apollykan wrote:

unforgiven wrote:

No @Apollykan, this was what I managed to bring out of the meeting with the Developer.
      i know that you and gameforge dont make the decisions, but, what are their arguments to do this to the lykans? the damage and the duration?

The argument is simple, it is needed to balance the damage from the Lycan since this character gets by far more bonuses other sources.
    • unforgiven wrote:

Apollykan wrote:

unforgiven wrote:

No @Apollykan, this was what I managed to bring out of the meeting with the Developer.
      i know that you and gameforge dont make the decisions, but, what are their arguments to do this to the lykans? the damage and the duration?
      The argument is simple, it is needed to balance the damage from the Lycan since this character gets by far more bonuses other sources.
      And whose fault is it? Have we created this character? It had to be done with the head from the beginning. After we donated and changed the characters you came to destroy. We have no blame. I understand ... we reduce damage but not so much. 20% is already too much ... maybe 10% would be acceptable to everyone.
      NEVER BACK DOWN
    • Monsaire wrote:

reduce scarlet damage (though exaggerated) has logic

reduce punches with penetration has logic

reduce bleeding has logic

reduce the duration of a skill that consumes 30sp x second, ??? I would like to know what the logic of that is

enchanted leaf is the same only that absorbs damage by hp, lasts 175 seconds and is of consumption of sp per second, works based on int

Scarlet now has less attack value, which needs intelligence equipment, which equips it takes time, there is no logic

there is no logic to reduce the duration of scarlet,

unforgiven wrote:

Apollykan wrote:

unforgiven wrote:

we have many features its true, but, we have critical on skills, but criticals are going to be very a weaker feature due to the update, bleeding, many characters have, ninja have poison and xamas fire, and poison and bleeding is present on weapons and helmets, the pierce is going to be reduce, and lykan cant hit nothing in pvp because of the awkard and slow hits, so pierce only affects skills, and in skills they dont help much, skills fail a lot on the lykans.
      of the mount lykan pvm is zero, so i think that is more than fair to lykan keep is damage...
      And the int necesseary to have a good damage (130+) is unrealistic in most of live servers
      Present this to Gameforge, and this is the true lykana feeback and i certanly talk for many people and talk to many people and who have used a lykan agrees with me

The post was edited 2 times, last by Apollykan ().

• unforgiven: Here is my idea:

Close the open beta server, do whatever you (your team/ the GF/ the WebZen, idk...) want, and as The Product Director said in the interview, make the balance... Not first the basics than the other steps... Change the game completely just as you would like to be balanced, than open the beta and lets test the bugs.

Because: You are changed the Lycan class core, the base skill what determine the lycan (There is no longer any reason to choose the lycan class). The lycan has been nerfed and unusable, just suffering the usage. Our response is not about to "It's a good idea, keep it" or "It's a tragedy, restore". Our response is just "Okay, it's no longer bugy". And It doesn't make sense...
      Adjust the full balance... we test, we cry, than we have to accept anyway.
      Display Spoiler
      Nope, I lied, we will delete the game, but it's faster, than you slowly losing us, like now.

I thought matter our opinion, but nope. Right now all lycan player made evidence that nerf is a tragedy but... who cares? xd

I realy don't want to read more 21 page, than the next 21 page, because we are stuck at the same thing and we will.

Just make the whole thing at once and don't waste our time, this is exhausting.

Sorry for my bad english.
    • nova1997 wrote:

unforgiven: Here is my idea:

Close the open beta server, do whatever you (your team/ the GF/ the WebZen, idk...) want, and as The Product Director said in the interview, make the balance... Not first the basics than the other steps... Change the game completely just as you would like to be balanced, than open the beta and lets test the bugs.

Because: You are changed the Lycan class core, the base skill what determine the lycan (There is no longer any reason to choose the lycan class). The lycan has been nerfed and unusable, just suffering the usage. Our response is not about to "It's a good idea, keep it" or "It's a tragedy, restore". Our response is just "Okay, it's no longer bugy". And It doesn't make sense...
      Display Spoiler
      Nope, I lied, we will delete the game, but it's faster, than you slowly losing us, like now.

I thought matter our opinion, but nope. Right now all lycan player made evidence that nerf is a tragedy but... who cares? xd

I realy don't want to read more 21 page, than the next 21 page, because we are stuck at the same thing and we will.

true , anyway they do joke about us , they said ,, we need u to test and feedback,, and they not listen us and just do whatever they want , wast of time , do that to likans and is done no more pvp , 1v1 anyway is low , he not have penetration skills just critic so is useless (u can do 5 dmg and critic is 10 , not like a penetration 20 )
      Wast of money /time /alchemy and that is close this forum , cuz make hate between us .
    • I will delete metin2 if they don't hear to us! We are metin2! And we ...the guys who should try and give a Feedback, say: WE DO NOT WANT A NERF LIKE THIS!!!

- delete Piercing = okay
      - delete Indigo = okay

Accept it! Otherwise you will loose a lot of players, a lot of Money for new Lycans who need new Eq, and After a While you will also loose metin2!!!

We, Players of the lycans, are the most important thing to satisfy !

The post was edited 1 time, last by zRamses ().

• nova1997 wrote:

unforgiven: Here is my idea:

Display Spoiler

This guy is so damn right. Make what you want at once reduce Crimson attack value to 100 or 200 it doesnt matter to me from now on.I just want to delete game after the change and i dont want to wait anymore.
    • There is a bit of a misunderstanding here. We hear you, we have always heard what players are saying but that doesn't mean that something should change. If you would ask us to change the a skill to deal base damage of 50000, we wouldn't do it even if we heard you.

Every single person has a different idea on how the game should work. You have the developer that has a concept and are principally the main driver on how the game changes. You have the publisher that has to do the bridge between the players and the developer, and you have the players that, many times, even between them, have very different ideas on how things should work. I know that many players are requesting more changes but there is a limit to what we can do too. We have time constrains, we have technical constrains, etc. Just for small changes we sometimes have to wait 2 weeks to get them.

Balancing is something that will change more often. Now the Lycan has had this reduction and base change on how its core works but that doesn't mean that in the next update it would be rolled back. We all need to grab these change as a whole package - yes, it will change how you play by a lot - but the end result might be a more balanced that what it is now.
    • unforgiven wrote:

There is a bit of a misunderstanding here. We hear you, we have always heard what players are saying but that doesn't mean that something should change. If you would ask us to change the a skill to deal base damage of 50000, we wouldn't do it even if we heard you.

Every single person has a different idea on how the game should work. You have the developer that has a concept and are principally the main driver on how the game changes. You have the publisher that has to do the bridge between the players and the developer, and you have the players that, many times, even between them, have very different ideas on how things should work. I know that many players are requesting more changes but there is a limit to what we can do too. We have time constrains, we have technical constrains, etc. Just for small changes we sometimes have to wait 2 weeks to get them.

Balancing is something that will change more often. Now the Lycan has had this reduction and base change on how its core works but that doesn't mean that in the next update it would be rolled back. We all need to grab these change as a whole package - yes, it will change how you play by a lot - but the end result might be a more balanced that what it is now.
      well nobody wants you to calculate quantum physic problems how you decide duration to be 92 sec make it 90 or 95 what is this precise calculation is based on. I think the developer drinks their beers in the office and talking about game lets just make it 84 secs 92 secs bla bla :)