Ninja's new stat and skill balancing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear players,

please read >> here <<.

Thank you for being a part of this!

• Ninja's new stat and skill balancing

Change in stat:
      with the increased importance of INT, to maximize damage we must subtract point on VIT to increase INT, a stat that until yesterday was usless. With INT = 90 and VIT =16, with matt alchemy, pets and ebony arrive to 19k hp. Too few to do boss, we must decrease STR or not maximize INT to have a considerable value of hp.
      The question is: why INT must be a important stat for ninja? shamy, lican and sura have just this stat as foundamental, now also ninja? Ninja haven't sura's regeneration, neither shamy's buff or lican' buff, he should maximize hp to withstand the enemy's skills and wait tha his skills recharge. I think that VIT is much more usefull than INT for this class, this new change insn't good for me.

Change in skills:
      Feather walk: this new skill lasts for 3 seconds with INT = 16 (12 with INT = 90), does about 1k damage and, the fabulous thing, can be used only with bows <X . Really?
      This was the only skill (not very useful) that a ninja can use in exp, now we can't use it, and also with bows in pvp it's usless because a skill tha does 1k damage and last 8-9 second with a medium value of INT is ridiculous.

Fire Arrow: always the powerful ninja skill, now is influenced only by INT...eh? ?( ?( ?( Not only to maximize INT we must lose hp or strength, but if we don't that we can't maximize our's best skill. Very good :thumbup:

Poisson Arrow & Spark: poison chance decreased to 72%. Just to avoid a bit more damage in pvp...

PVM: with the new importance of DEX, i don't see any change with chackram or sword. Increasing DEX from 70 to 90 point, the damage remains the same. I think that increase DEX from 90 to 100-115 point with +12 DEX bonus will be useless in pvm, and on pvp i think that it won't be much different.

Conclusion: now ninja isn't a top exp player, neither a top pvp player. With this new balancing i think it will get better on pvp thanks to the new skills's effects, but on pvm it will be much more incompetent. The only rescue point for me is change the new importance of INT stat in favour of VIT stat. Without hp a ninja can't do anything ;(

The post was edited 1 time, last by xxninjaxx ().

• I also noticed something when we did a test .

My Opponent had only Kyanite Bow +5 equipped
      I had about 54 Arrow Resistance and a bit of Skill Resistance.

We tried doing Fire Arrow (his boost is on P) with DEX,STR,VIT status maxed out.
      After that wie tried Fire Arrow with DEX,STR and INT status maxed out.

The Damage was just the same ( we tried about 10 arrows for each status).
      So my Question would be.. Does INT really work? 90 INT and still the same Damage?
    • I'm actually not really happy with the INT component, nor with the fact that STR does almost not influence atkValue at all.

By the way, I don't know if someone noticed: because of the DEX-STR switch, Ninjas should prefer Garnet Earrings in any case, both PvE and PvP.

Besides the whole necessity to change a piece of equipment (because I know many ninjas on my server who went for Emeralds Earrings for PvE necessities), what really stinks is the fact that Emerald Earrings will no longer be so effective on a transformed Ninja, since the boost he/she gets from STR is really negligible.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BlueShade ().

• unforgiven wrote:

Regarding the different stats, this is a choice for the users. You can choose to go Vit for HP or INT for more damage.
      99% of Archers would choice Vitality points, because who wana run nowadays with low amount of HP where to people hitting sometimes hard, and the benefit of dmg that Intelligence is giving is just worthless for these calculations.
      Nickname: Dosarphic
      Profession: Ninja Archer
      Lv: 115

Metin2 PL
      Server: Samos [s.51]
    • Im playing dagger but i see that this change is stupid af... you got last point on 90lvl so archer has to choose while other species are maxed

Second thing: feaher walk and 6th skill (cant remember name) should be launched with daggers and sword, otherwise how can it be usefull in pvm ?

Equiping bow with each 10s to cast feather walk? Seems stupid :thumbdown:
    • @unforgiven sorry but INT is not an option to gain more damage. The ONLY thing it does is to increase the Spark's invisibility time and some percentage increase in poison chance. And I'm talking not about how much you can see in skill bar or character stats. I'm talking about real damage with full HH in opponents of different classes, lvls and items. The difference with or without maxed out INT is about 100-300. That is not "increase in damage", this is nothing. Especially when you choose to ditch PV in favor of INT. I would trade PV for attack but only if it's something noticeable (say 1000 or more) not for such small values.

Sometimes it looks like we're presented false points of view as being an advantage, in such a way to make the players believe that in fact it is a good thing while they effectively get nothing or too less compared to what's advertised. It's like going into a market that advertises a new rare fruit and when we want to buy it we see it's rotten.

It's not useless to some players and usefull to others...it's useless for all, at least in PvP. I would like to see that archer that will trade 5k pv or more for gaining 100-300 damage per Fire Arrow. Please, step forward, don't be shy...

P.S. Sorry, you might wonder why I'm so vocal and sound like I'm angry...I'm not. But at some point the only thing we'll hear (both from enemy players and game officials) is that we got "so many advantages"...we got that and we got that and we got that...but in fact we only got several things that really mater, the rest are on the list just to be counted but are not a real choice for anyone that plays.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rapier ().

• unforgiven wrote:

Regarding the different stats, this is a choice for the users. You can choose to go Vit for HP or INT for more damage.
      Feather walk now can be used only with bows, but no ninja use it on pvm. Now a ninja can use no skill (useful o uesless) in exp, only click on spacebar.
      With vit maxed and int =16, the skill last 3 seconds. Nobody will change dagger with blow, use the skill and ri-change to dagger for a skill that last 3 seconds. With int maxed there are too many hp loosed, it's impossibile do "good" pvm. With mixed stat, i think hp will be however few.
      Conclusion: feather walk will be used only in pvp (notice that with player's speed locked to 200 it's even more ridiculous), and will be usefull only for player with int at least 60-70. On pvm it will disappear.
      I think that balancing should make all skill usefull (or, at least, more usefull than now) for a player, but with these changes pvm will worsen again, and a very little bit useful skill will be totally usless.
    • Why do you not consider the fact that it is totally possible to make a mixture of vitality and interest instead of directly maximized? from level 91 you can have 3 statistics to 90 points and one to 16 you agree? if you put 40 points in interest you will have 66 vitality which remains correct and brings a good number of lives and allows to have a time of invisibility of 3 seconds on spark, to have a good increase on shooting to poisoned arrow repeats and sparkling stroke, to have a proper time to slow down on rain of arrows and an average time on feather walk.
    • Im not even considering trade VIT points for INT!!
      How many bosses 90+ can kill you with 1 skill if you have about 17k-18k hp? Too many!!

I know that the main goal its pvp balancing..but try not to put Archers as a support character on pve!
      People will only look for us to poison or put fire .. nothing more!

No tankers, not good dps (only with marbles but .. with low hp? pff), our remain position in a group is lasting effect support manager <X
    • Rovez wrote:

Im not even considering trade VIT points for INT!!
      How many bosses 90+ can kill you with 1 skill if you have about 17k-18k hp? Too many!!
      Well, to be honest, even with VIT=16 you could still have about 23-25k Hps - considering a character at least provided with a good Matte Jade Soul Stone, a Brilliant Garnet Soul Stone, a Pet and possibly a Khan and/or costume. And nearly 2.000 max hp bonus on every item.

These are things that almost every >lv.90 player should have, I guess.

Yet, a combination set (like Strijelac proposed) might be a good idea.

Still, I'm a bit disappointed by STR contribution to attack value.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BlueShade ().

• If DEX will switch places with STR in giving more attack value (both on skill AND hit) it might be that instead of choosing to use VIT points in INT, we'll have option to use STR points in INT and leave full VIT ....make a tradeoff between STR/INT instead of VIT/INT. But that's only if STR will not give any or very little attack increase
    • I don't rly get the INT calculation and "choice" between VIT, where to VIT is in winning possition, because who rly on wars wanna run without these 2-5k more (depend of pet, alchemy % of pż). All other changes are cool, but the INT calculation is useless still in my opinion.
      Nickname: Dosarphic
      Profession: Ninja Archer
      Lv: 115

Metin2 PL
      Server: Samos [s.51]