Ninja's new stat and skill balancing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear players,

please read >> here <<.

Thank you for being a part of this!

• It'd make much more sense giving more relevance to STR in terms of attack damage - because gaining 3 points on attack value with +12 STR is really poor! - and leaving INT's usefulness just to improve the side effects of skills.

So, yeah, removing INT influence on skill damage.

Ninjas aren't a magical class after all - and intelligence here is intended as a stat typical of magic classes.

(Even if, imho, camouflaging is a matter of dexterity rather than intelligence, but oh well).

Still, the poor effects of STR on the "melee hit" attack damage make Ninja less effective in PvE as well, and that's something that should NOT be forgotten in a balancing Beta.

Strijelac wrote:

I really do not understand why you hold so much to your pve, an archer it's pvp and pve just for the xp, if you want to make bosses and instances any other race is better, do this with a archer is stupid.
      I don't agree with you. By the way, many monsters have different resistances to weapons, some of them are more vulnerable to bow or daggers than swords, for instance. Not to mention polymorph.

The post was edited 4 times, last by BlueShade ().

• Rapier wrote:

In PvE, unfortunately yes. The ONLY advantage of an archer is that probably he has "Range" skill on his pet so he could reach bosses from a greater distance. In terms of damage tho, it is same as Dagger Ninja even when using polymorf marble.
      To be honest, that's something that a Dagger Ninja may actually do as well, just by raising a secondary pet. Somehow it'd be nice to make bows "archer only" weapons: this way, Archers long distance attacks and hit-damages dealt with a bow may be their exclusive.

But I guess that'd be too much in contrast with game basic concepts.

Moreover, archers being unable to use daggers would be in pain as well - even if there'd still be the chance to equip a sword - which are supposed to be the "basic" weapon.

Anyway, my speech just aimed at giving more relevance to STR in Ninja's hit damage calculations, regardless of being an Archer or a Dagger.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BlueShade ().

• Of course a Dagger Ninja can raise a second pet but most don't. It is theoretically possible but having a second pet with Berserker, Range and...dunno maybe Train (or whatever is called that skill that gives you piercing chance) and use it from time to time only in PvE doesn't make sense for most of Dagger Ninjas.

Limiting bow to the archer, as you said, it's not possible also because for fairness daggers should be limited to Dagger Ninjas...and on foot a ninja always fight against monsters with daggers (or polymorphed), sword is used only when riding.

Right now, with all the INT additions to the skills, an archer might consider a tradeoff between INT and VIT or even STR (considering that STR doesn't influence the damage per hit so much)
    • Strijelac wrote:

I really do not understand why you hold so much to your pve, an archer it's pvp and pve just for the xp, if you want to make bosses and instances any other race is better, do this with a archer is stupid.
      Because in every game (mostly) if you play some character that you want it to everything on it.
      Of course that Archers are good for PvP way of playing, but why can't person who choose archer go and slay some bosses or even you have to exp if you plan make your lvls, drop for items to get better grade of eq and stuff.

You can't say is stupid to do some things with some vocation, it's sometimes just different, sometimes harder, but should be possieble.

Rapier wrote:

Right now, with all the INT additions to the skills, an archer might consider a tradeoff between INT and VIT or even STR (considering that STR doesn't influence the damage per hit so much)
      But why people wanna move the STR status away? STR is more legit than INT for an archer. Everytime we think INT it's for magic professions like shamans, mages, necromancers and so on. STR is legit lol, even if you go outside to shoot bow in rl life you need the STR for yourself to shoot them arrows xD
      Nickname: Dosarphic
      Profession: Ninja Archer
      Lv: 115

Metin2 PL
      Server: Samos [s.51]
    • Dosarphic wrote:

But why people wanna move the STR status away? STR is more legit than INT for an archer. Everytime we think INT it's for magic professions like shamans, mages, necromancers and so on. STR is legit lol, even if you go outside to shoot bow in rl life you need the STR for yourself to shoot them arrows xD

In the context of the pvp, the int would be almost as powerful as the str since both make "+" and the int gives and accentuates full positive effects on the spells.

Dosarphic wrote:

Because in every game (mostly) if you play some character that you want it to everything on it.
      Of course that Archers are good for PvP way of playing, but why can't person who choose archer go and slay some bosses or even you have to exp if you plan make your lvls, drop for items to get better grade of eq and stuff.

You can't say is stupid to do some things with some vocation, it's sometimes just different, sometimes harder, but should be possieble.
      By this I mean that it is useless to come to complain because of the int which would make archers selecting this option less effective in the PVE because they are already inefficient basic so come and make a subject for it by taking the risk of see again changes to be made, bug appear, make it less efficient in the pvp and disturb programmers for it (anyway the beta 17.4 is finished so there will be no other modification) useless.
    • But why feather walk now should be used only with bows?
      Ninja for 99% of it's time have daggers/swords equiped, both for run with mounts and pvm. With this changes now a ninja archer have 6 skill for pvp (or boss) and no skill for pvm. It's the only class with this big limitation.
      I think that feather walk (and also spark..) should be used with all weapons, with lower damage of course, but with all weapons.
    • Anyways, the main role of the Feather Walk before was to provide speed...everyone said it's useless (and it was) and they added those mini bombs to it...and made it lasts several seconds. Even with full INT, skill lasts few seconds so doesn't count too much. I used the points from Feather Walk in 7th and 8th skill...nothing convinced me so far that I should take them back to make Feather Walk.

On the other hand, you made the ONLY skill that allows a Archer Ninja evade from mobs...useless in PvE. The Spark. What should a ninja do when blocked by mobs? Die probably, cause till it switches to the bow and cast Spark and run or switches back to daggers, it'll be too late. Nobody there at Webzen realize that Archers use daggers or swords in PvE and mostly never a bow? Isn't that obvious? I would love to see a demo made by that "bright scientist" who though to do PvE with a bow. Ask someone to do a Zodiac Temple run with a bow...or a DT run, or lvl in the Enchanted Forest or Grotto of Exile. Only way of archers to use bows while doing PvE activities was when they also used polymorph marbles. But that brings other disadvantages and it's mainly used only in boss fights. You've added arrow resistance to it (even if nothing is less appropiate) and made it work only if casted with a bow. What can I say...brilliant
    • I agree with you on that matter.

I also agree with the impossibility of making bows "archers-only" weapons.

Polymorphing PvE seems nice but it's actually impossible doing it after the Grotto of Exile - EnTai mobs deal way too much damages.

Since we're here, now that I've been experimenting it for a while, I can say that I don't really like the whole new concept of Feather Walk, the bombs radius being too limited to be useful - even in PvE.

Giving some physical-hit evasion percentages to Feather Walk (instead of the bombs) - and making Spark once again executable with Daggers, rather than giving it all those side-effects which just actually look like a sweetener - might have been perfect solutions.

This way, archers would still not be that effective in PvE but at least they could be somewhat more efficient.