There are some bonuses that can be added to the talismans.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear players,

please read >> here <<.

Thank you for being a part of this!

• By opening our mind to new techniques I think he mean't open our wallets... Because that's all this game is becoming anyway.

Yeah, it's not mandatory to have it at level 200 but what's the point of having 200 levels if you spend 1k blessing scrolls on it and it doesn't get any higher than 9? Have any of you, on charge of the changes or defending them, tried to spend your time dropping 1k blessing scrolls? Do you have any idea how much time that will be until you have the 1k blessing scrolls? Just to watch a item get to 9 out of 200? It's ridiculous. I think most of the players objectives are to have the best sword, shield, wtv. You take the possibility of achieving the max and it just becomes stupid to even try. I could grind my ass off for a lifetime and I wouldn't have a level 200 pendant, what's the point? And what's the point on grinding that lifetime when a guy with a big wallet does the same as me in a day?

You all are trying to inovate, do something different, keep the players in the game (atleast I think it's in you best interest) but you are forgetting one thing. To think like a player. If you continue disregarding player opinions and points of view the decline on the game will increase and we all lose.

You lose your money and we lose the game we all love.

Then again, you don't give a damn about players so ignore this message.
    • Let's calm down...that talisman ONLY increase "strong against..." with it's level. So I would rather let it +1 instead of spending a dime on trying to make it +100. I have a better use of my money anyways, don't care so much about +200 strong against...fire. At +1 will have the same PvP bonuses that I'm looking for (or PvM ones) as at +200 so I don't really care if it's +1 or +20 (cause probably up to +50 won't make any difference, the impact is minimal in damage). With the introduction of the new cap to +200 instead of +9, they just convince us NOT to do it. And we will have our minds so open that even if in the future there will be +200 armours or weapons we won't spend anything to make them better cause we know it's useless.

P.S. At least at +198, +199 and +200 will it be bling bling and have sparkles? Please...
    • Rapier wrote:

Let's calm down...that talisman ONLY increase "strong against..." with it's level. So I would rather let it +1 instead of spending a dime on trying to make it +100. I have a better use of my money anyways, don't care so much about +200 strong against...fire. At +1 will have the same PvP bonuses that I'm looking for (or PvM ones) as at +200 so I don't really care if it's +1 or +20 (cause probably up to +50 won't make any difference, the impact is minimal in damage). With the introduction of the new cap to +200 instead of +9, they just convince us NOT to do it. And we will have our minds so open that even if in the future there will be +200 armours or weapons we won't spend anything to make them better cause we know it's useless.

P.S. At least at +198, +199 and +200 will it be bling bling and have sparkles? Please...
      the problem is that the people who spend much money anyways are going to upgrade the stuff much faster than normal players who just spend a little bit of money or none. So the gap between non-Itemshop and Itemshop will be even bigger.

One Point that almost no one mentions is .. those talismans are not only useful in PvM. The Elemental-Damage will also influence PvP.
      Short Example:
      Imagine , your Talisman only gives you about 10 Damage with 1 % ( which is almost nothing , may be even more)
      Now thats 2k Damage on 200% ! Also , there is no way to defence yourself against Elemental Damage!

Another Thing are those bonuses like " Strong against Daggers". How are those calculated? Does that mean if my opponent wears daggers , the more Damage I deal him?

Elemental Damage, "Strong against Weapons"-Damage, New PvP Weapons , new Zodiac Weapons with even more Attack Value + average/skill Damage (-> even stronger sashes)..... Wasn't the general Idea of the Balancing to take Damage out of the Game, not reduce stuff like buffs, lykan and add new stuff you have to upgrade to balance those changes?..
    • Maybe I missunderstood but "elemental" damage (fire, ice, earth, etc) it's ONLY against mobs/bosses. No player is affected by that so I don't know how can affect PvP. The rest of the bonuses are like all the other bonuses on all the other items. They're not changing if the item is +1 or +200, only the base bonus (strong against...) will increase and that's effective only against mobs.

There are several elements and all mobs are groupped into one of these cathegories. The "strong against..." bonus means you deal more damage to the mobs that falls into that cathegory. Does not mean that your...talisman skill for ex...deals more damage because talisman is "fire" or something like that.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rapier ().

• Rapier wrote:

Maybe I missunderstood but "elemental" damage (fire, ice, earth, etc) it's ONLY against mobs/bosses. No player is affected by that so I don't know how can affect PvP. The rest of the bonuses are like all the other bonuses on all the other items. They're not changing if the item is +1 or +200, only the base bonus (strong against...) will increase and that's effective only against mobs.

There are several elements and all mobs are groupped into one of these cathegories. The "strong against..." bonus means you deal more damage to the mobs that falls into that cathegory. Does not mean that your...talisman skill for ex...deals more damage because talisman is "fire" or something like that.
      Well , how could " Strong against daggers" for example work in PvM?
      Take a look at the video of @zoNE
      also this:

unforgiven wrote:

Regarding the Talismans,

These convert a bit of your damage in a Element. Example:

Base Attack Damage: 5000
      Attacker Fire Talisman: 5%
      Defender Fire Resist: 0%
      Final Damage: 5200

The effectiveness of this conversion is different in PvE and PvP. Also,
      the calculation that I did is just an example, it is not 100% accurate.

Also . if you can actually defend yourself with like fire resistance for example, how will you defend yourself against darkness (whatever the name of that is)? Or against Ice ? The only way to get a resistance of those is with alchemy and thats a 12% maximum
    • @trblackstar - You might have 6 talismans with 6 other elements. The default bonus in your talisman is "Strong against to..." and your element like Strong against to Flame or Strong against to Darkness (max bonus value is +200%, when you have the talisman +200). Strong against to Fire/Wind/Darkness etc. works against mobs into the "category" like a Fire/Wind etc., and against players with this same talisman. But you can add some bonuses to any of your talismans (5 bonuses like in other items) like fire resistance - not only, resistance against darkness, earth resistance, resistance to half humans, strong against monsters - like strong against desert type monster or strong against insect type monster, etc.

There are also some other bonuses that can be added to the talismans:
      Images
      • 2017-09-24_19h13_07.png

94.84 kB, 213×229, viewed 364 times
      • 2017-09-24_19h13_18.png

126.82 kB, 230×276, viewed 364 times
      • 2017-09-24_19h13_22.png

118.48 kB, 215×260, viewed 362 times
      • 2017-09-24_19h13_26.png

130.86 kB, 238×264, viewed 314 times
      • 2017-09-24_19h13_29.png

118.5 kB, 217×245, viewed 364 times
      • 2017-09-24_19h13_32.png

98.45 kB, 216×235, viewed 320 times
      • 2017-09-24_19h14_46.png

150.4 kB, 234×282, viewed 391 times
      • 2017-09-24_19h14_53.png

133.28 kB, 229×267, viewed 351 times
    • @xShiinoa what I said is that the BASE BONUS of the talisman works only in PvM. That is the bonus that increases with the item level. "Strong against daggers" is an added bonus, one of the NEW bonuses (like "Resistance to Half Human") and has fixed value, does not increase with item's level.

What I said is that the talisman's level doesn't matter in PvP cause the PvP bonuses are not affected by the level. Regardless of it being +1 or +200 you will have the same "Strong against daggers" value.

What I saw in that test on the video, to be honest does not say anything to me. The difference is negligible, ranging from 3391 (lowest) to 3411 (highest). 20 damage difference per skill is nothing. Most weapons and skills have a minimum and maximum atack value, this difference could be very well from that. I have a bigger difference with the same equipment if I do some tests.

I am not convinced that "Strong against ..." (fire ,earth, ice, wind, ...whatever) is effective against players anyways. Maybe here @unforgiven cand shred some light and tell us if the base bonus of the talisman is PvP also...cause till now I saw no evidence of it. A 20 damage difference does not convince me at all.
    • unforgiven wrote:

Regarding the Talismans,

These convert a bit of your damage in a Element. Example:

Base Attack Damage: 5000
      Attacker Fire Talisman: 5%
      Defender Fire Resist: 0%
      Final Damage: 5200

The effectiveness of this conversion is different in PvE and PvP. Also,
      the calculation that I did is just an example, it is not 100% accurate.

The fire resistance doesn't work directly against the skills from Shaman because they are Magic and not Elemental. If the Shaman will have a Fire Talisman then yes, the Fire Resistance will decrease the Fire component from the damage.

@trblackstar
      It makes no sense to start overstating things. It is better to test and then talk about it. Stating things like this just bring rumors which in the end doesn't help anyone, it just spreads misinformation.
    • Rapier wrote:

@xShiinoa what I said is that the BASE BONUS of the talisman works only in PvM. That is the bonus that increases with the item level. "Strong against daggers" is an added bonus, one of the NEW bonuses (like "Resistance to Half Human") and has fixed value, does not increase with item's level.

What I said is that the talisman's level doesn't matter in PvP cause the PvP bonuses are not affected by the level. Regardless of it being +1 or +200 you will have the same "Strong against daggers" value.

What I saw in that test on the video, to be honest does not say anything to me. The difference is negligible, ranging from 3391 (lowest) to 3411 (highest). 20 damage difference per skill is nothing. Most weapons and skills have a minimum and maximum atack value, this difference could be very well from that. I have a bigger difference with the same equipment if I do some tests.

I am not convinced that "Strong against ..." (fire ,earth, ice, wind, ...whatever) is effective against players anyways. Maybe here @unforgiven cand shred some light and tell us if the base bonus of the talisman is PvP also...cause till now I saw no evidence of it. A 20 damage difference does not convince me at all.
      When you wear an ice talisman for example, you fall into it's category and you become an ice type player and therefore anyone who has *strong against to ice/cold air* will have an advantage over you.

That's how it affects PvP.