Pinned Emotions - Feedback

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear players,

please read >> here <<.

Thank you for being a part of this!

• Emotions - Feedback

Hello, i have being testing the new emotions, and they are good, and the animations are funny!

I personaly don't like the design of some of the emoticons, poor background choose of colours, like strong yellow's, green or primary blue.
      For me talking ballons shoud be white or non existent, there might be 2 or 3 ballon that work's well with colour, such as the moon, the sun, the rainbow, because it works well as an whole.
      Now the others i don't think it works good, or the sensation they want to transmit with the use of that colours, why is a blue old phone on a blueish background, or a pink cake with a green background, at the maximum i understand the use of colour on the "feeling" emoticons, like stress, or danger as it is dificult to put that feeling on an emoticon.
      But this is personal preferences... and its a minor thing, more of a picky situation there for me, there are more important things to be done.

About the testing:

Everyone knows about the free emotions from CTRL+1~9, and they work the same, as well as 21 premium animations works fine.
      There are still 3 more emotions playable by introducing in the chat:
      (!) (?) (fish)

This ones are missing in the beta, so there are less 3 free emotions than before (you can still se fishing only while fishing :( ).

New ones:

This emotions have visual efects while moving, like smoke, candle, spark.

As the emotions are getting out of the bag, they appear in the random order they got out, if you then change CH or relogin, appears a chat message from all the special emotions active and the emotions seems to be reorganized to it's default order, appearing the animations first, and then the emoticons.

Should exist a way of deleting the ones you don't want, like drag the emotion out of the window and apearing a popup to delete that emotion, in order to get new empty slot.
      This is mandatory, as you are buying the mask of emotions for these to take effect, you should be able to use the ones you want right away and not wait 12h until having another chance to get them, even if it means to waste another emotion.

The 5 animations are well made... and funny.
      1. The dance 7 makes my warrior a diva.
      2. But first a selfie :P
      3. Pushups as training.
      4. Stretching before a duel.
      5. That guy makes me sleep.
      About the last animation about falling asleep, i think there are some missing textures over there.

Example:

And at the end the "pop" ballon as he wakes up.

Last things about this topic:
      (BUG) You can activate animations while fishing -
      1. waiting for the fish,
      2. activate animation and stop by itself, if not long enough character goes to idle animation,
      3. appear message of fishing bite as you are on idle,
      4. and then after a while the animation of losing fish appears.
      This doesn't happen while mining ores, you can click the animations but only starts after the mining is over.

The standart emoticons (ctrl+1~9) can be used on horse, but the new ones can't be used while mounted.

I'm still waiting for someone to marry, to see if y can use this special animations without mask on the wedding! :P
      Metin2 Portugal | Chunjo
      Body Warrior | Lv120 / 2
      Youtube Channel

The post was edited 1 time, last by hugoW ().

• Nobody cares about the new emotions as seen in the ammount of feedback given, if the way the system works isn't changed it doesn't add value to the player nor the economy therefore nobody cares, if this bag of emotions is going to be tradable and dropable nobody is going to buy it because no-one buys an emotion mask to use it, except some lv20 guy that recieves in the aprendice chest.

It will be one of those things that once a year somebody would try it on some random wedding, like it was always been since the beginning of the ages of metin2. Its better to invest the amount of DR coins, on 1day or 3days pack of exp ring+glove, and even those who buy it even can't use it all the time but that i will explain later on point 1º.

So, this being said and i don't believe gameforge will ever put this completely free, lets find some common ground at least, so here goes a few suggestions using the behavior of existing item shop items.

Point 1
      All the IS boost services that count time automatically, glove, exp, feather of love, even fishing book goes to the "buff" corner to be used and don't bother the player anymore. There are 2 exceptions here: The Emotion Mask, and the Language Ring.

So... if y buy this service and the time is always counting down, why should i have the trouble of equipping it in the slots?

This 2 itens should work as a "buff" in the corner for all the characters in the account during the time it was bought, and be available 100% of the time for the player use... There are times that people are leveling or farming, with both of the 2 slots used with unequipable itens and until the time ends the player is deprived in that time from using the item he spended DR coins on, he might wana talk to somebody from other kingdom that is stealing his metin or spot and can't, or just want to use emotions, bad service to be bought.

If i was going to buy this 2 itens from coins i would need them to be ready to use at all the times i want, like take a selfie right after killing one boss while picking up the drops with both of my special slots occupied with other itens.

Point 2
      All those premium stuff can be obtained easily ingame, or in events, like glove 2/3h , exp rings 1/3h, fishing books and feather of love from the iron boxes aswell, and even the Language Ring with 1h on the moon box treasure. And believe me, one of those Language Rings with 1 hour is better than the 30days from item shop, because they are negociables and only count while equipped, by the player needs can even last more than 30days to be honest. So here there is only 1 exception: The Emotion Mask.

So... why doesn't exist 1h tradable emotion masks that only count time while equipped?

In one of the less used systems in the game, and without any benefit/profit for the player except entertain, this item should have been given for free years ago. Make it dropable on some place like the iron box, or on some event, at least.

But you have to change the way the actual Emotion Mask works, or else this 1h masks will be last forever as there is a bug on the actual ones xD
      BUG: You can unequip the Emotion Mask right after you click on any emotion.
      The mask should be unequipable while the whole animation is running til it ends.

Summing up:
      1º - Item shop item - Buff in the corner
      2º - Droppable item ingame - un/equipable, tradable, adding value to it and use to the new bag of temporary emotions.
      3º - Mission's/Aprendice Chest Reward - the way it is right now.

More people using emotions, other people will eventually follow the trend, and eventually someone will buy the item on item shop, to use at it's will.
      Making the use of emotions something normal in the game, and not something just for guys that show off they can do this and you can't.
      Metin2 Portugal | Chunjo
      Body Warrior | Lv120 / 2
      Youtube Channel

The post was edited 2 times, last by hugoW ().

• RabbitRun wrote:

hugoW wrote:

BUG: You can unequip the Emotion Mask right after you click on any emotion.

The mask should be unequipable while the whole animation is running til it ends.
      Wouldn't call it a bug. All items can be turned off wether you move or not. The system just reacts when you move and try to equip an item.
      And ofcourse a big +1 to your post. The way it is now is trash
      Yes, of course, the Emotion Mask as it is now it is irrelevant to be stopped from unequip them from slots after the animation starts, you just need them on the slot to be able to ativate the emotion, after that it is just not programmed further and the other itens doesn't need that restricion.

I called it a bug, but i was already thinking on the future behavior of the "1h Emotion Masks" xD
      Metin2 Portugal | Chunjo
      Body Warrior | Lv120 / 2
      Youtube Channel

The post was edited 1 time, last by hugoW ().

• It's irelevant to buy the mask and spend money to use some emotions that other games offer them for free to entertain players. Don't tell me that at lv20 you get one mask for free because it's also limited and old players won't be able to get it anyway.
      So I'm voting for the free emotion mask because it's 2018 and we have all the rights for it 8)